You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OFFSEASON NEWS:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calvert28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Any NFL fan knows that Cowboys tight end Jason Witten has caught a lot of passes, but many may not realize just how high on the all-time career catches list Witten is. In fact, within the first couple games of the regular season, Witten is likely to be the No. 4 receiver in NFL history.

Witten currently ranks seventh, with 1,089 career catches. But hes only 14 catches away from passing three Hall of Famers: No. 6 Tim Brown (who has 1,094 catches), No. 5 Cris Carter (1,101) and No. 4 Marvin Harrison (1,102). If Witten catches passes this season at the same rate he did last season, hell move ahead of Harrison and into fourth place all time in Week Four.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/10/jason-witten-will-soon-be-no-4-all-time-in-pass-receptions/

Definitely HOF worthy.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Any NFL fan knows that Cowboys tight end Jason Witten has caught a lot of passes, but many may not realize just how high on the all-time career catches list Witten is. In fact, within the first couple games of the regular season, Witten is likely to be the No. 4 receiver in NFL history.

Witten currently ranks seventh, with 1,089 career catches. But hes only 14 catches away from passing three Hall of Famers: No. 6 Tim Brown (who has 1,094 catches), No. 5 Cris Carter (1,101) and No. 4 Marvin Harrison (1,102). If Witten catches passes this season at the same rate he did last season, hell move ahead of Harrison and into fourth place all time in Week Four.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/10/jason-witten-will-soon-be-no-4-all-time-in-pass-receptions/

Definitely HOF worthy.

Worthy? No.
First ballot lock? Absolutely.

There is no finer example of a working man's TE. Coming out of college, he lacked speed; he lacked elite blocking ability; was an average athlete; but became the most technically sound TE whom I've ever seen. That, coupled with ELITE level football intelligence, made him one of the most consistent players in the history of the league. I kind of view him as the Tim Duncan of the NFL. He never "wows" you with anything (except for that one helmetless play against the Eagles), but that near perfect technique makes him nearly unbeatable.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
HDsportsfan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acowboys62 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
acowboys62 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Quote:
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
#Cowboys pass-rusher David Irving is suspended for the 1st 4 games of 2017 for violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing substances

You guys need to get your d-linemen under control...

This is old news...knew it was a possibility back in May. Guess his appeal fell through.

Didn't he get suspended for taking something the NFLPA gave him the ok to take?

Basically. The NFL has an app which is supposed to list the banned substances. His wasn't on it, and got popped anyway because the NFL isn't consistent with keeping its list up to date. Basically, a player can "fail" a test for a substance that isn't even on its banned substances list. Something similar happened to a few high profile players last year. It's total B.S.

That is absurd, the NFL is really becoming a joke in some regards, but they are making so much money, I don't see how some of these obviously stupid policies will ever change.

During the next strike / CBA negotiations.

------------------------------------------------------
SweetFancyMoses

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Calvert28 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

Definitely HOF worthy.

Worthy? No.
First ballot lock? Absolutely.

There is no finer example of a working man's TE. Coming out of college, he lacked speed; he lacked elite blocking ability; was an average athlete; but became the most technically sound TE whom I've ever seen. That, coupled with ELITE level football intelligence, made him one of the most consistent players in the history of the league. I kind of view him as the Tim Duncan of the NFL. He never "wows" you with anything (except for that one helmetless play against the Eagles), but that near perfect technique makes him nearly unbeatable.

If Philip Rivers always gets credit for playing a game with an achilles injury, Witten should get his due for playing with a jaw wired shut, and lacerated spleen.
Dallasfan1313

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Holy crap, you're alive! Laughing

Always lurking Wink

DaBoys wrote:
This has been a notably dead off season for forum activity. I don't think Cowpokes are going to happen.

Unless we only have 1 award.

The Jeff Heath Award - for the guy that's not the best but he's the best we've got.

Yea i've noticed. Its unfortunate but it happens. We've gone years between cowpokes before, just gives me more time to gather ammo Twisted Evil

R.I.P. B2TB and S.A.

ianlewis16 wrote:
you're my favourite poster

Matts4313 wrote:
DF1313 + Anger = Win for the forum.
SweetFancyMoses

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dez threw a bbq for his hometown.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/07/20/dez-bryants-barbecue-hometown-lufkin-looked-pretty-epic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57
Page 57 of 57

Jump to: