You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Summer League Thread | Starts July 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
HTTRG3Dynasty


Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 10605
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
I don't know how LA played last year, but hope they just go full Dantoni PHX style of play.


We model our offense after the GSW, which isn't a surprise considering who our coach is. It should be plenty fast-paced enough for Ball to fill up the stat sheets.
_________________

mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coors


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 7948
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuzma has been impressive.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oregon Ducks


Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 20802
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying that Kuzma won't be good but these dudes hype up post men at summer league all the time. Randle, Nance, Zubac, etc.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
phillybul


Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 3753
Location: Philadelphia
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never experienced a summer league year where fans are seriously overrating the hell out of player performance. Some of you all but want to redo the friggin draft based on it. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefer


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 13849
Location: Somewhere in an Arizona Desert...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
I'm not saying that Kuzma won't be good but these dudes hype up post men at summer league all the time. Randle, Nance, Zubac, etc.
did any of those guys ever shoot 70+% from the 3 point line?
_________________
game3525 wrote:
Death, taxes, Andy Reid coming off a bye week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oregon Ducks


Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 20802
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
I'm not saying that Kuzma won't be good but these dudes hype up post men at summer league all the time. Randle, Nance, Zubac, etc.
did any of those guys ever shoot 70+% from the 3 point line?
Kuzma shot 30% from downtown in college...relax.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Chiefer


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 13849
Location: Somewhere in an Arizona Desert...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
I'm not saying that Kuzma won't be good but these dudes hype up post men at summer league all the time. Randle, Nance, Zubac, etc.
did any of those guys ever shoot 70+% from the 3 point line?
Kuzma shot 30% from downtown in college...relax.

I'm pretty chill, but none of those other guys displayed any shooting prowess in summer league that I'm aware off.

The opposite in fact.
_________________
game3525 wrote:
Death, taxes, Andy Reid coming off a bye week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
l3lind golfer


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 53842
Location: California
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight sure is boring without my two scoops of Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 15498
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
I don't know how LA played last year, but hope they just go full Dantoni PHX style of play.


We model our offense after the GSW, which isn't a surprise considering who our coach is. It should be plenty fast-paced enough for Ball to fill up the stat sheets.

A Lakers basketball blogger that is more in tune with basketball offenses than I am have said that our offense last year really wasn't close to the same as Golden State.

They said that Golden State runs great plays and we ran awful overly simplistic stuff.

Quote:
Cranjis McBasketball‏ @T1m_NBA Mar 26
The easiest teams are the ones w/1 play per alignment

No counters, variation, or disguise is bad news

The Lakers are one of these teams


We all expected Luke's offense to look like the Warriors, but it doesn't appear like that has happened at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HTTRG3Dynasty


Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 10605
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
I don't know how LA played last year, but hope they just go full Dantoni PHX style of play.


We model our offense after the GSW, which isn't a surprise considering who our coach is. It should be plenty fast-paced enough for Ball to fill up the stat sheets.

A Lakers basketball blogger that is more in tune with basketball offenses than I am have said that our offense last year really wasn't close to the same as Golden State.

They said that Golden State runs great plays and we ran awful overly simplistic stuff.

Quote:
Cranjis McBasketball‏ @T1m_NBA Mar 26
The easiest teams are the ones w/1 play per alignment

No counters, variation, or disguise is bad news

The Lakers are one of these teams


We all expected Luke's offense to look like the Warriors, but it doesn't appear like that has happened at all.


Hard to do with the talent we had last year. I think the ultimate goal for Luke is to have an offense that looks like the Warriors, but he needs the talent to do it.
_________________

mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 15498
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
I don't know how LA played last year, but hope they just go full Dantoni PHX style of play.


We model our offense after the GSW, which isn't a surprise considering who our coach is. It should be plenty fast-paced enough for Ball to fill up the stat sheets.

A Lakers basketball blogger that is more in tune with basketball offenses than I am have said that our offense last year really wasn't close to the same as Golden State.

They said that Golden State runs great plays and we ran awful overly simplistic stuff.

Quote:
Cranjis McBasketball‏ @T1m_NBA Mar 26
The easiest teams are the ones w/1 play per alignment

No counters, variation, or disguise is bad news

The Lakers are one of these teams


We all expected Luke's offense to look like the Warriors, but it doesn't appear like that has happened at all.


Hard to do with the talent we had last year. I think the ultimate goal for Luke is to have an offense that looks like the Warriors, but he needs the talent to do it.

He still could've ran better plays.

I wish we had an assistant coach that excels in X's and O's.

We also could use an assistant that is a defensive specialist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 49485
Location: mike23md on the dope sig
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
A Lakers basketball blogger that is more in tune with basketball offenses than I am have said that our offense last year really wasn't close to the same as Golden State.

They said that Golden State runs great plays and we ran awful overly simplistic stuff.

Quote:
Cranjis McBasketball‏ @T1m_NBA Mar 26
The easiest teams are the ones w/1 play per alignment

No counters, variation, or disguise is bad news

The Lakers are one of these teams


We all expected Luke's offense to look like the Warriors, but it doesn't appear like that has happened at all.


Not that I disagree with anything you said, I'd also argue that the Lakers were installing essentially an entire new system not just offense into the franchise last year. Despite that, the Lakers were 17th in PPG (up from 30th) and 21st in FG% (up from 30th) last year. As the old saying goes, Rome wasn't built in a day.
_________________

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Supersuavesky


Joined: 23 Nov 2008
Posts: 32516
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Ball's the most unique PG prospect since Steph
Why? As a prospect, I don't remember Curry being super highly thought of. Obviously he was a really good prospect, but he had a lot of detractors.
Lonzo was clearly the better prospect.


Ppl don't remember Curry getting picked apart during the draft process. There wasn't a team taking him over Harden. Flynn? Well...


People ragged on his frame, his ability or inability to make everyone else around him better, if his shooting/scoring would translate to the NBA..he was far from perfect
That's just his GS homer speaking.
_________________


At least George will leave Indy soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58
Page 58 of 58

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group