Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ezekiel Elliott possible suspension? (Update pg 2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigD88

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
BigD88 wrote:
Should've drafted Ramsey.

Eh...dunno about that.

You will when McFadden puts up strong numbers in his absence.

KingofSTATS wrote:

Witten is just too slow and nonathletic to be a dominant force in the receiving game.
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I have an insider source on another forum. This guy owns a bar in Dallas which Zeke frequents, but it is not the bar this went down at. There was a lot I had to edit out of here too, but take it fwiw.

Quote:
Ezekiel punched a guy named Daryl (Dj train) in the face and broke his nose last night at clutch. Dtrain is Citizen's resident Dj which makes it even more interesting since that where Ezekiel likes to party.

He said dtrain was "talking to his girl" and he was drunk and hit him. It was dtrain's birthday party at clutch too so large group of people out.

Dtrain will press assault charges, but will probably settle for a couple hundred grand.

I will say this guy is definitely not a fan of Zeke's. He has posted quite a few stories about him, some of which are not good.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
I will say this guy is definitely not a fan of Zeke's. He has posted quite a few stories about him, some of which are not good.

By default I take these kind of stories with a grain of salt. But like I posted earlier, we've heard a LOT of these kind of stories about Zeke.
JShank

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna do a "what if" defense. . . for fun. DJ Dtrain is feeling extra "awesome" on his b-day. Lots of ppl he knows are there and he feels a little untouchable. He goes over to Zeke's girl and comes on strong, she insults him after he is rude. He doesn't take the rejection well and grabs her arm, aggressively.

Zeke's girl told him earlier that night that he tried to come on to her in the past, and it was uncomfortable going to his b-day party. Moreover, she tells him that he forced himself on her friend a couple months ago at an after-party.

He sees DJ Dtrain grab her, she yells something like "Ouch, Get the hell off of me", he reacts. . . Texas has a pretty strong "Stand your ground" law, and allows (reasonable) force to prevent harm to another.

Zeke and his girl give the exact same statements affirming that this occurred, and all the other witness statements are either incomplete (only saw Zeke punch Dtrain, etc . . .) or biased as they are given by friends of Dtrain.

What ought be the outcome of NFL's discipline?
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of his guilt, he needs to be more cognizant of the type of situations he puts himself in.
MLB: New York Yankees
NCAAB: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JShank wrote:
I'm gonna do a "what if" defense. . . for fun. DJ Dtrain is feeling extra "awesome" on his b-day. Lots of ppl he knows are there and he feels a little untouchable. He goes over to Zeke's girl and comes on strong, she insults him after he is rude. He doesn't take the rejection well and grabs her arm, aggressively.

Zeke's girl told him earlier that night that he tried to come on to her in the past, and it was uncomfortable going to his b-day party. Moreover, she tells him that he forced himself on her friend a couple months ago at an after-party.

He sees DJ Dtrain grab her, she yells something like "Ouch, Get the hell off of me", he reacts. . . Texas has a pretty strong "Stand your ground" law, and allows (reasonable) force to prevent harm to another.

Zeke and his girl give the exact same statements affirming that this occurred, and all the other witness statements are either incomplete (only saw Zeke punch Dtrain, etc . . .) or biased as they are given by friends of Dtrain.

What ought be the outcome of NFL's discipline?

Based on everything that Zeke has been involved in during his short NFL career so far, I don't think it'd matter what the intent is at this point. He'll still get some discipline because he's racking up too many offenses. At this point, it's not really defendable

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
You're the Tony Romo we never deserved.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD88 wrote:
Should've drafted Ramsey.

I agree 100%. It seems what's happened to Zeke now happened to everyone else last year. They let the first year success go to their head. That's why the Zeke vs. Ramsey thread should've stayed open. 1st year success doesn't mean much.

Meanwhile Jalen Ramsey (a potential shutdown DB who had a solid season) has been a model citizen off the field

NoFlyZone wrote:
Byron Jones is terrible. I'm sorry.
TheGame316

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoulda just kept Demarco
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RKG on the field.

DAF off the field.

Unbelievable.

Kiltman on the sig & avy
Northland

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just shaking my head. So much talent, so little concept of knowing right from wrong.

WizardHawk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a positive note...

Quote:
Blogging The Boys‏ @BloggingTheBoys 19m

BREAKING: Witness claims Ezekiel Elliott was not involved in altercation

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017/7/17/15987306/breaking-witness-claims-ezekiel-elliott-was-not-involved-in-altercation-dallas-cowboys

Kiltman on the sig & avy
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Maybe a positive note...

Quote:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017/7/17/15987306/breaking-witness-claims-ezekiel-elliott-was-not-involved-in-altercation-dallas-cowboys

That would be a plus...but, even if he wasn't, he really needs to do a better job at putting himself in better situations.

^^^El Rammy
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Maybe a positive note...

Quote:

That would be a plus...but, even if he wasn't, he really needs to do a better job at putting himself in better situations.

Yep.

And, there is more....

Quote:
mike fisher Verified account@fishsports 16m

I'm told #Ezekielelliot weekend also includes fighting a speeding ticket - 100 in a 70 on Tollway. #BeCarefulOutThere

Quote:
Bobby Belt‏ @BobbyBeltTX 19m
Bobby Belt Retweeted mike fisher ✭
Going 100 down the highway, cursing at fans on Friday, alleged Sunday incident, and the looming DV decision.

Bad, bad weekend.

Maybe time to see if Zeke has a brain in that head of his. Which btw, appears to be getting awfully damn big.

Kiltman on the sig & avy
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MORE off season drama. This time Whitehead... What in the ever lovin' flock...

https://twitter.com/Saycheese_Media/status/887139075949547520

Condoms are cheap, but apparently not cheap enough.

Kiltman on the sig & avy
JShank

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have said this before... The NFL needs to defer to law enforcement, and for civil/contractual issues, to the civil courts. It is not a good look meting out punishments for acts that do not have anything to do with the game itself. Especially, when there is never a consensus of guilt found.

There is no winning for the NFL in the long-run, here. Moreover, it gives incentives to people to "catch" or make-up situations involving star players in order to black-mail them. They need to do away with all of these punishments that are mostly an exercise of discretionary power. Set guide-lines and follow suit based on third party conclusions (i.e. the courts).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: