You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ezekiel Elliott Bar Incident
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Webmaster

Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the comments focused on football or this one will get shut down too. As with all these off-season incidents the comments should be, will the player be suspended and how will the team replace them if they are suspended?
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the Cowboys the new Bengals?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
Are the Cowboys the new Bengals?

At least the bengals know to bribe the police to cover up their crimes. Jerry just let's it leak for the press coverage.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
Webmaster

Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we discuss the news and stop the bad jokes?
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be interested to see how this uncertainty of a possible suspension affects his draft value in fantasy leagues. He'll still likely be a first round pick but may slip down to the end of the first.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
BigD88

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why you don't take a runningback that high in the draft unless every single box is checked, including character.
Dallas could sure use some help in the secondary these days and they passed up on Ramsey for this.

KingofSTATS wrote:

Witten is just too slow and nonathletic to be a dominant force in the receiving game.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD88 wrote:
This is why you don't take a runningback that high in the draft unless every single box is checked, including character.
Dallas could sure use some help in the secondary these days and they passed up on Ramsey for this.

Not sure i see the connection there at least making it position-specific. If he was a QB/WR/DB etc you wouldn't want him bringing you bad press either

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he were to be suspended, that would be a tough start to the season against those defenses:

Vs NYG
At Den
At Ari
Vs LAR

Dak and Dez will need a lot of help in those games.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas was already an obvious regression team given their record last year and the flaws their roster has (along with mediocre coaching). The talent is still there in the backfield to where it shouldn't kill them, but it would hardly be surprising if they struggle out of the gate. The story will Elliot, but there will be more to it than that.
NFL.com-BELICHICK OUTCOACHES TOMLIN YET AGAIN
///mcompact

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
Dallas was already an obvious regression team given their record last year and the flaws their roster has (along with mediocre coaching). The talent is still there in the backfield to where it shouldn't kill them, but it would hardly be surprising if they struggle out of the gate. The story will Elliot, but there will be more to it than that.

Well, one positive outcome in being without Elliott in the backfield is that it'll finally put to rest the "chicken or the egg" question (does Dak depend on Zeke?). Not that it'll really answer it fully, but if they drop the majority of those games, it'll be "Zeke made Dak".

On the other hand, if Dak manages to still win the majority of those games without Zeke, the narrative will still be "Well....those teams weren't as good as they last year/didn't perform properly....Dak's real test is next week versus..". Laughing It'll be a one-way conclusion if Zeke gets suspended this year. I just want to watch some football, already.
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas will regress this year because that's what they always do after a good season. You can look it up...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/

10 wins, next year 6
13 wins, next season 9
11 wins, next season 6
12 wins, next season 4

Zeke is just doing his part to keep the streak alive
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

///mcompact wrote:
Well, one positive outcome in being without Elliott in the backfield is that it'll finally put to rest the "chicken or the egg" question (does Dak depend on Zeke?). Not that it'll really answer it fully, but if they drop the majority of those games, it'll be "Zeke made Dak".

On the other hand, if Dak manages to still win the majority of those games without Zeke, the narrative will still be "Well....those teams weren't as good as they last year/didn't perform properly....Dak's real test is next week versus..". Laughing It'll be a one-way conclusion if Zeke gets suspended this year. I just want to watch some football, already.

What about those of us who think your Oline made both Dak and Zeke better then they really are? Cool

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
///mcompact wrote:

What about those of us who think your Oline made both Dak and Zeke better then they really are? Cool

The 2015 season blew that theory out of the water.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

///mcompact wrote:

I'd argue 2015 supports my point. Considering you had 3 RB's all average over 4.0 YPC

No Oline is going to turn the dregs like Brandon Weeden, Kellen Moore, and Matt Cassel into studs. But a great Oline can turn good talented players like Zeke and Dak into superstars.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
///mcompact wrote:

I'd argue 2015 supports my point. Considering you had 3 RB's all average over 4.0 YPC

No Oline is going to turn the dregs like Brandon Weeden, Kellen Moore, and Matt Cassel into studs. But a great Oline can turn good talented players like Zeke and Dak into superstars.

TIL 4.0 YPC is the new 5.0 YPC..

If 4.0 YPC is the bar for a great O-line than your team has one as well since 2 of your RBs averaged over 4.0 YPC last year.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: