Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Texans RB D'Onta Foreman arrested on multiple accounts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Texans RB D'Onta Foreman arrested on multiple accounts Reply with quote

Texans rookie running back D'Onta Foreman was arrested for unlawful carrying of weapons and possession of marijuana on Sunday, according to the University of Texas Police Department.

Cindy Posey, the Director of Communication for the University of Texas Police Department, said in a statement to NFL Media that "officers responded to a report of the smell of marijuana coming from three occupied vehicles" near a residential hall on campus at 12:24 a.m. on Sunday. After arriving to the scene, officers "discovered marijuana in each vehicle and also discovered a firearm in one of them."

Houston took Foreman in the third round of the 2017 NFL Draft. The running back accumulated 2,028 yards on the ground in his junior season at Texas in 2016, and received the Doak Walker Award as the nation's top running back.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000820189/article/donta-foreman-arrested-for-weapon-marijuana-possession

how much will this impact the Houston Texans? did he have any chance winning the starting job, or at least seeing a lot of playing time this season?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a brain fart and thought this was Devonta Freeman and thought "Holy crap"

Don't know anything about Foreman. Did he drop for character concerns in the draft?
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooof. Probably some pretty intense buyers remorse right now.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the gun was registered and legal, and the pot "wasn't his" and he wasn't using it.

Who knows if thats true.

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
tyler735

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
I read the gun was registered and legal, and the pot "wasn't his" and he wasn't using it.

Who knows if thats true.

That's what I read too. Seems like it's hardly a big deal and will likely resolve soon if thats the case.
daineraider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Who knows if thats true.

That's what I read too. Seems like it's hardly a big deal and will likely resolve soon if thats the case.

Unlawful possession of a firearm was because of the pot in the vehicle, not because it wasn't registered. So had there not been pot there wouldn't be an unlawful possession, but not legal to have both of those items in the same place at once. I can't see too much trouble coming from this.

Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Who knows if thats true.

Unlawful possession of a firearm was because of the pot in the vehicle, not because it wasn't registered. So had there not been pot there wouldn't be an unlawful possession, but not legal to have both of those items in the same place at once. I can't see too much trouble coming from this.
Sounds like a dumb law.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this discussion isn't about football, lock it up
iothar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
daineraider wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Who knows if thats true.

Sounds like a dumb law.

No it doesn't...
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foreman was kinda a project RB anyway. Lamar Miller was still looking to take the lion's share of the carries. Foreman has a lot of ground to make up in pass protection before he was looking to see any significant playing time.

I don't think he gets suspended over this aynway.

Nacho Simulation Football League
NoJobBob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammyBradwater wrote:
I had a brain fart and thought this was Devonta Freeman and thought "Holy crap"

Don't know anything about Foreman. Did he drop for character concerns in the draft?
Actually, his character was touted during the draft process. Mostly from lower scouts and the likes of us because he fought through the death of his son.

I don't know if he has good character; this incident hardly stains his character. I'm sure at least the Texans thought well enough of his character to draft him.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a plant makes a legally owned firearm illegal. Got it. Slap him on the wrist, collect your revenue and be done with it. Doubt this leads to any kind of suspension.

Was this the rookie RB who showed up overweight?
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iothar wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
daineraider wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Who knows if thats true.

Sounds like a dumb law.

No it doesn't...

It really does. What's the justification for it?
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 98 Yds: 1106 TD: 3
OleXmad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
iothar wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
daineraider wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Who knows if thats true.

Sounds like a dumb law.

No it doesn't...

It really does. What's the justification for it?

It doesn't matter, this is a football thread.

This is probably going to blow over but didn't the texans cut a 3rd rounder recentley for doing some stupid stuff before the season even started? or before his second season started I don't remember the details.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OleXmad wrote:
It doesn't matter, this is a football thread.

This is probably going to blow over but didn't the texans cut a 3rd rounder recentley for doing some stupid stuff before the season even started? or before his second season started I don't remember the details.

Keith Mumphery, 2015 5th round pick, cut last month.

But yes, I agree with the bolded.

We don't care what anyone's personal politics are, in the News forum we discuss football and how the news affects football... and that's it.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: