Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Most Exciting July Announcement of All Time...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Most Exciting July Announcement of All Time... Reply with quote

...on this forum anyway

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589149
webmaster wrote:
I will be updating the forum to a brand new modern software platform before the NFL season starts. The new forum will have a modern look with a responsive mobile design that automatically adjusts to work great on any device and includes a host of exciting new features:

- Improved posting features with automatic embedding of links from services like twitter and youtube.
- An extensive notification system that members can customize to their needs.
- Ignore and like features so you can ignore members you donít want to see and like high-quality posts.
- Detailed profile pages with much more customization and informtaion.
- @member mentions to address specific members in a given topic.
- Improved quoting features so no more mess of quote trees.
- Improved search, private messaging, and much more.

FAQ:

When will the forum transition over to the new software platform?
We are currently in the alpha stages of testing the platform. We are moving to beta testing this week. If the beta test goes well the transition should happen in about a month. The goal is to have everything complete before the NFL season starts.

What do I need to do to get ready for the transition?
Update your profile with a current email address. When the transition happens youíll receive an email to the address in your profile with your temporary password for the new forum platform. You can then setup your account on the new forum platform.

How can I help beta test the new forum?
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589148

I enjoy the current forum. What if I donít want to learn a bunch of new features?
Donít worry. All the new features are optional. You can use them all or just the basic posting features. The basic features and structure of the new forum are very similar to this forum. Youíll be comfortable with it in no time at all. Our focus is great football talk and that isnít going to change.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589148

Webmaster wrote:
New forum software is currently being alpha tested by our moderators. I want to start beta testing with members in a few days.

If you would like to be considered for beta testing please reply to this topic. Please include the forums you post in most often. Iím going to choose a handful of members from each forum.

The beta test will be a live forum. All beta testers will be expected to use the forum to make quality posts and have in-depth football discussion. Forum rules must be followed. I donít have time to hand out warnings to beta testers. There will be plenty of places to test out and learn new features, but the focus will be on testing under normal conditions.

Make sure your email address is correct in your profile. Beta invites will be sent to that email.

Reply to the topic in the feedback forum. You can reply here too, but only that one is monitored by Webby.

In here we can all just talk about how excited we are, because the new forum is definitely a huge upgrade over this one.

~T.S. Eliot

Last edited by theJ on Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys should sign up, before J, villain and I muck it all up.
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
You guys should sign up, before J, villain and I muck it all up.

It's too late! I mucked up this thread already and couldn't ninja edit before you got in here.

I promise i'll do better in the land of New FF.

~T.S. Eliot
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool news. But now people will just ignore me even more in open/general forums.
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Cool news. But now people will just ignore me even more in open/general forums.

You just @ them like crazy and make them look at your posts. It's brilliant.

Also, sign up for the Beta. JD, Villain, Beck and I are over there. But i feel like i'm talking to myself mostly still.

~T.S. Eliot
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys, need more beta sign ups!

~T.S. Eliot
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webmaster wrote:
The beta testing has gone very well so far. Members seem happy with the new forum software and are getting very active during the beta test. The front end of the forum is pretty much ready to go. We have some more small things to add, but it's time to reveal it to anyone who would like to see it.

https://forums.footballsfuture.com

You still need a beta invite to post, so don't try to login to the forum if you haven't received a beta invite. If you want to login before the transition, please sign up for the beta.

MAKE SURE THE EMAIL IN YOUR PROFILE IS ONE YOU STILL USE
You will be locked out of the forum after the transition if your email is invalid.

~T.S. Eliot
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Webmaster wrote:
The beta testing has gone very well so far. Members seem happy with the new forum software and are getting very active during the beta test. The front end of the forum is pretty much ready to go. We have some more small things to add, but it's time to reveal it to anyone who would like to see it.

https://forums.footballsfuture.com

You still need a beta invite to post, so don't try to login to the forum if you haven't received a beta invite. If you want to login before the transition, please sign up for the beta.

MAKE SURE THE EMAIL IN YOUR PROFILE IS ONE YOU STILL USE
You will be locked out of the forum after the transition if your email is invalid.

I'm still waiting for an invite. Do I have to wait for webby to send it, or can I just get one from a moderator instead?
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok nevermind, I've joined

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: