You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Snooze Newz: Volumez Threez, Pleeze
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 52, 53, 54  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They weren't going to be going anywhere for a few years anyway because of the deals with NBC/CBS.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
They weren't going to be going anywhere for a few years anyway because of the deals with NBC/CBS.

True...but, as part of the deal for keeping it around, they need to expand the rosters, because long-term it's only going to lead to more injuries. 56 man rosters with 50 gameday actives (or they could certainly do away with the active/inactives, but I kind of like the strategy aspect of it).

Thx to Lil Uno!
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how the NFLPA would feel about expanding the roster size? On one hand, more players would be getting contracts and making money, on the other hand the pie would be smaller.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
I wonder how the NFLPA would feel about expanding the roster size? On one hand, more players would be getting contracts and making money, on the other hand the pie would be smaller.

I thought about that even as I was writing my post...but unless the TV money gets smaller the pot will continue to get bigger, so I think they would want to have more spots, because that means more of a chance to stick around and make more money (and as far as the NFLPA is concerned, more players paying dues).

I know the players at the top of the food chain would probably get less of the pie, but it wouldn't be all that impactful to their final dollar amount, since those 3 spots would probably go to minimum salary guys, which ranges from $465K (rookies) to $1M (10+ yr guys).

Thx to Lil Uno!
perrynoid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly don't like the Thursday night games either, certainly from a player-health standpoint. What I would like to see is the season started a week earlier, and another bye week added, to split the season roughly in thirds. Teams playing on Thursday night would be coming off a bye, and have another week and a half to recoup following their game.
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
I certainly don't like the Thursday night games either, certainly from a player-health standpoint. What I would like to see is the season started a week earlier, and another bye week added, to split the season roughly in thirds. Teams playing on Thursday night would be coming off a bye, and have another week and a half to recoup following their game.

I remember the 1 time they tried the 2 bye weeks...it was absolutely horrible.

And they won't start the season a week earlier...that weekend is "owned" by college football.

Thx to Lil Uno!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only six players in NFL history have passed for 50,000 yards. By the end of the 2017 season, there are likely to be nine members of the 50,000-yard club. And all three new additions come from the same first round in the draft. Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger and Philip Rivers are all within one solid season of 50,000 yards and should become the seventh, eighth and ninth players to reach the 50,000-yard mark in 2017. The six players already ovder the 50,000-yard mark are Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Dan Marino and John Elway.

Manning currently has 48,218 yards, which means hes likely around six games away from 50,000. Roethlisberger is at 46,814, meaning hes probably about 11 games away. And Rivers is at 45,833, which at his 2016 pace would take him 16 games to reach 50,000.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/15/eli-ben-rivers-all-poised-to-join-the-50000-yard-club/

Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
Cearbhall

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:

You certainly didn't mean to say that the pie would be smaller, did you? The number of slices you cut a pizza into doesn't change the size of the pizza.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans rookie running back D'Onta Foreman was arrested for unlawful carrying of weapons and possession of marijuana on Sunday, according to the University of Texas Police Department.

Cindy Posey, the Director of Communication for the University of Texas Police Department, said in a statement to NFL Media that "officers responded to a report of the smell of marijuana coming from three occupied vehicles" near a residential hall on campus at 12:24 a.m. on Sunday. After arriving to the scene, officers "discovered marijuana in each vehicle and also discovered a firearm in one of them."

Houston took Foreman in the third round of the 2017 NFL Draft. The running back accumulated 2,028 yards on the ground in his junior season at Texas in 2016, and received the Doak Walker Award as the nation's top running back.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000820189/article/donta-foreman-arrested-for-weapon-marijuana-possession

not a good start to his career, and if i'm not mistaken, he's going to be a father, after his first child died as an infant. not a good start for his family either. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the article:
Quote:
Prior to a search of his vehicle, D'Onta alerted the officer that he had a handgun inside of his vehicle. This legal handgun was recently purchased by D'Onta and registered in his name. The handgun was properly secured inside of his vehicle as required by Texas law.

How does that equate to arrested for unlawful carrying of weapons?

1. Legal handgun
2. Registered to him
3. Properly secured inside of vehicle per Texas law

He also is going to submit a urinalysis test, per the article below, to show he wasn't smoking marijuana.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20080957/donta-foreman-houston-texans-arrested-marijuana-possession-weapon-charges

Provided the urinalysis test comes back negative I don't see much coming from this. Perhaps I'm being naive?

"My purpose will not be denied."
- Teddy Bridgewater 9/1/16
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeManDan wrote:
From the article:
Quote:
Prior to a search of his vehicle, D'Onta alerted the officer that he had a handgun inside of his vehicle. This legal handgun was recently purchased by D'Onta and registered in his name. The handgun was properly secured inside of his vehicle as required by Texas law.

How does that equate to arrested for unlawful carrying of weapons?

1. Legal handgun
2. Registered to him
3. Properly secured inside of vehicle per Texas law

He also is going to submit a urinalysis test, per the article below, to show he wasn't smoking marijuana.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20080957/donta-foreman-houston-texans-arrested-marijuana-possession-weapon-charges

Provided the urinalysis test comes back negative I don't see much coming from this. Perhaps I'm being naive?

So NFL News forum had this, in Texas, and I'd assume some other states, you can't have your gun around when some other crime is going on, so that's the unlawful aspect of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
So NFL News forum had this, in Texas, and I'd assume some other states, you can't have your gun around when some other crime is going on, so that's the unlawful aspect of it.

I checked that thread out as well and saw the same thing.

"My purpose will not be denied."
- Teddy Bridgewater 9/1/16
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best selling NFL jerseys by state.

http://www.nflshop.com/pages/Top_Selling_Jerseys

Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but why would people from Minnesota be buying Saints Adrian Peterson jerseys?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but why would people from Minnesota be buying Saints Adrian Peterson jerseys?

Because he used to play for the Vikings....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 53 of 54

Jump to: