FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

2017 Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could be right no one knows at this moment but I feel like Mularkey takes it careful with him. I wouldn't mind him playing a drive vs the Jets but I think they keep him

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok on to RBs including Fowler. I love all 4 backs I like how they are all different in stature. Murray should still be the work horse but I would like to see Henry more when Murray is struggling a bit and during blowouts. I hope Muhammad does enough to earn playing time I don't want to just see him in blowouts and 4th and 20s. The kid looks fast and he should be able to help in the return game if needed.

The one guy who I always question the use of is Fowler. Last year I feel like he was barely used as a weapon. Just once a game I would like to see a play drawn up for him because he runs well after the catch. As a blocker he's great you don't notice a mistake from him much though I just wish we'd take advantage of the FB position a little more more times than not they are uncovered

As far as expectations go this run game should be as good as last year Murray and Henry are a great duo. I just hope they are smarter with Murray this year than last year no reason why he should of been playing at the end of the Miami game when it was out of hand and shouldn't have been when he got hurt at the time of the blowout vs the Jags. We know what we have with Murray and Henry but curious to see how they sprinkle in Muhammed during certain points of the game and hope they don't always run him up the middle like Whiz did with McCluster Laughing

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
Ok on to RBs including Fowler. I love all 4 backs I like how they are all different in stature. Murray should still be the work horse but I would like to see Henry more when Murray is struggling a bit and during blowouts. I hope Muhammad does enough to earn playing time I don't want to just see him in blowouts and 4th and 20s. The kid looks fast and he should be able to help in the return game if needed.

The one guy who I always question the use of is Fowler. Last year I feel like he was barely used as a weapon. Just once a game I would like to see a play drawn up for him because he runs well after the catch. As a blocker he's great you don't notice a mistake from him much though I just wish we'd take advantage of the FB position a little more more times than not they are uncovered

As far as expectations go this run game should be as good as last year Murray and Henry are a great duo. I just hope they are smarter with Murray this year than last year no reason why he should of been playing at the end of the Miami game when it was out of hand and shouldn't have been when he got hurt at the time of the blowout vs the Jags. We know what we have with Murray and Henry but curious to see how they sprinkle in Muhammed during certain points of the game and hope they don't always run him up the middle like Whiz did with McCluster Laughing

I agree wit everything you said I really want to see more no huddle & 4 wide sets keeping defenses honest & off balance
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:

I agree wit everything you said I really want to see more no huddle & 4 wide sets keeping defenses honest & off balance
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Corey Davis signed yet?
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:

No

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

No

UGH!!!
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

No

UGH!!!

I usually get frustrated too with how long the Titans take to get deals done but in the end it always works out and no one misses camp so I'm learning not to worry

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok O-Line preview. So glad the starting 5 we finished the season with are back. So the only real competition on the O-Line this year will be the backups. Dennis Kelly and Tim Lelito are probably locks to make the team. After that it's a fight between Tretola Levin Matias and Spelman.

The only specific position battle to I guess watch out for is who takes over as the back up Center. Fingers crossed that Ben Jones stays healthy because he really was game changer for us last year. Yes Lewan and Conklin are franchise bookends but Jones really helped tie the whole offensive line together and really does everything well sees the field well does all the stuff we lacked for years after Mawae left. Schwenke moved on so the late quarters of the preseason watch out for o-line is for sure the backup Center competition

As far as expectations this O-Line should repeat as a top O-Line in all of football. Conklin should be fine I don't see him taking a step back. Lewan is a pro bowler for the forseeable future. Kline and Spain are good enough to win with I just don't see many worries with the O-Line

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
SuperMariota88

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O-Line have been silent killers in the past. Thing that I like about this team is you have 3 guys who are rock solid, and both guards are easily replaceable. Jones/Lewan/Conklin could all be pro-bowl caliber players, they won't get recognition from the fans because fans don't watch offensive lineman. But obv if any of those guys get injured it will suck, but will hurt less than previous seasons.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperMariota88 wrote:
O-Line have been silent killers in the past. Thing that I like about this team is you have 3 guys who are rock solid, and both guards are easily replaceable. Jones/Lewan/Conklin could all be pro-bowl caliber players, they won't get recognition from the fans because fans don't watch offensive lineman. But obv if any of those guys get injured it will suck, but will hurt less than previous seasons.

Agree about the guards being replaceable that doesn't mean they suck they are just the weaker of the 5 guys on the line. Hopefully the Titans can develop someone soon so the Titans don't have to spend FA money on anyone it be nice to be able to keep building up the line threw the draft.

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say the OGs are easily replaceable especially Spain. Spain was an above average OG last year while Kline played below average. Kline is replaceable and I think guys like Levin, Lelito, and Tretola will challenge him but I don't think they will overtake him. Lelito will be the interior OL that can play all 3 positions basically replacing Schwenke. I expect Kelly to be the swing OT again beating out the rookie OT Seaton who will likely be a PS(along with Levin) member. I'd say the OL will be pretty much set with Lewan, Spain, Jones, Kline, Conklin, Kelly, and Lelito. May keep an 8th OL but likely won't suit up on gameday.

As for RBs, it's the most comfortable I've felt about the position in years. I don't think Fowler needs to have a set play every game. He's a blocking FB who plays minimum snaps a game. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if his snaps decrease even more if this offense opens up with these receivers. Murray and Henry are arguably a top 2 duo in the league. Henry showed me things last year that makes me think he could probably start on 80+% of the teams around the league. I'm hoping the carries get more evened out this year. Both are damn good RBs but I'd like both to be fresh throughout the year and come playoff time(assuming they can make it). Henry still needs to work on things in the passing game that Murray is probably damn near elite at. Muhammad could be a nice piece especially on special teams. Adding speed to coverage units and the return units would be a plus. Could see him in the mix on kick return and maybe a few plays on offense if he progresses in TC. Overall the running game/RBs and the OL should be a strength again and a key part to why this team could be a playoff team.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the OGs are replaceable, but I'm not worried about them at all. They aren't names, but I don't think they are some scrubs.

I guess you can say Kline is the worst of the bunch, but I don't see him being that much of an issue. I don't recall watching a game and walking away saying,
"Kline really screwed us today."

If one of the backups or rookies overtake him. Cool. But I'm not on a hunt to replace him.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kline has his issues, but Spain, especially over the last 4-5 weeks of the season, was absolutely fantastic. He's gotten better over the course of both of his seasons in the league so far, and don't see any reason for that to stop this year. He's going to be a starting guard on this team for a very long time(although I could potentially see a scenario where we can't pay him what he wants/deserves going in to FA when that finally comes around). If you own gamepass, going back and watching Spain since his first start(Oakland in '15) is well worth the time you invest in it, it's some incredible stuff how far he's come.

I feel terms like "gets better every week" are often overused, but that's seriously the case for Spain. Guy is gonna be a great guard in this league, for a very long time.

Spain and Lewan's performance are even more impressive last year when you realize how little help they received due to us shifting so much help to Conklin. Lewan and Spain were often on their own in terms of blocking, and owned their roles.

Kline isn't a strength or a weakness on the team, and unless someone absolutely blows him away in camp, you don't replace him just for continuity's sake. Plus we're not very far removed from times where Kline would have been the 2nd best o-lineman on the roster after either Roos or Lewan Laughing

#MTGA
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:

Kline isn't a strength or a weakness on the team, and unless someone absolutely blows him away in camp, you don't replace him just for continuity's sake. Plus we're not very far removed from times where Kline would have been the 2nd best o-lineman on the roster after either Roos or Lewan Laughing

Two years right? It's only been two years since that total disaster. Laughing

Props to mike23md on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: