Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do Not Fall For The Darnold Hype
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
Iamcanadian wrote:
If he has a shot at #1 overall in the draft and passes it up to stay in school, I would not want my team to draft him the following year. Anybody who is stupid enough to pass on being a top 5 drafted QB and passes to return to school and risk his career by possibly getting injured, just does not have his head screwed on right.

You go to college to prepare yourself for a career in your chosen profession, passing on that career and seriously risking your future with a possible injury, just shows how immature you are. Ask Leinart how that worked out???

Matt Leinart who was still drafted in the top 10?

Quote:
It cost Leinart millions after he returned to school and it exposed him as a party boy who wasn't committed to his sport.

How many QBs who came out as RS sophomores were successful in the NFL?It's a huge risk and a huge jump to leave after only two years of playing.

Quote:

If you are a true franchise QB, jumping to the pros will not impact you a whole lot, it might even improve yourself a lot more getting pro level coaching that is committed to making you the best pro you can be.

Staying in school to improve your craft is a shrewd move to give yourself more experience and reduce the risk that you just aren't ready for the NFL. You balance that against the risk of injury.

Quote:

The coaching at the NFL level where you learn how to be a pro far exceeds anything you will learn by staying in school and continue to be taught by a college coach who has little interest in teaching you how to better yourself as a pro, but is only interested in winning games at the collegiate level.

Pretending that it's a simple decision is narrow minded. There's huge risks either way.

The decision is simple in my mind. Either you want to be a great pro or are more interested in enjoying staying in college for one or even 2 more years, so you can enjoy the fun of college life. The coaching is far superior at the pro level and fully committed to teaching a QB how to be the best pro he can be, while college coaching is committed to winning games now with little regard to teaching a QB how to be a better pro.

Throw in the money and the injury risk of staying in college and the decision is a no brainer. Of course, if he isn't going to be a top 10 draft pick, then the decision becomes more complicated, because his game likely needs a lot more training and he might be better off staying in school, but I doubt that is the case with Darnold.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether Darnold declares or not is going to heavily depend on who has the #1 pick. He isn't going to Cleveland, Buffalo, or Jacksonville. If the Jets, Chargers, or 49er's have that top pick, then the odds of him declaring go up significantly.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iamcanadian wrote:
If he has a shot at #1 overall in the draft and passes it up to stay in school, I would not want my team to draft him the following year. Anybody who is stupid enough to pass on being a top 5 drafted QB and passes to return to school and risk his career by possibly getting injured, just does not have his head screwed on right.

You go to college to prepare yourself for a career in your chosen profession, passing on that career and seriously risking your future with a possible injury, just shows how immature you are. Ask Leinart how that worked out???

Seriously, how in the hell do you not leave after this?

mike23md
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Iamcanadian wrote:

Seriously, how in the hell do you not leave after this?

Great comeback, very intellegent, I must say !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: