Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Game Talk #5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 85, 86, 87  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I thought there was a Diablo thread, but I am too dumb and lazy to find it...

Has anyone tried the Necromancer expansion? Looks to me like it will be the same game but with the D2 Necromancer added in. I haven't played Diablo III in a while, and it is cheap. But I didn't really feel the need to beat the game with all classes, so just doing it with a different "new" class doesn't seem like it would be that great.

That's precisely what it is.

I picked it up because D2 Necromancer was one of my favorite experiences ever in gaming. Poured years into D2, most of it as a Necro, so it was a must get for me. But yeah, it's 100% the same game. Just a new class. No expansion or anything. A couple minor new areas/quests, but you can clear out all the new areas in like 20 minutes. I've enjoyed it, but again, there's history for that for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played through What Remains of Edith Finch tonight. That was a really well told story but damn was it depressing and bleak.

Spoiler wrote:
Playing a game from the perspective a baby drowning in a bathtub isn't something I was prepared for.

Going to take some time to actually digest the rest.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

Has anyone tried the Necromancer expansion? Looks to me like it will be the same game but with the D2 Necromancer added in. I haven't played Diablo III in a while, and it is cheap. But I didn't really feel the need to beat the game with all classes, so just doing it with a different "new" class doesn't seem like it would be that great.

I picked it up because D2 Necromancer was one of my favorite experiences ever in gaming. Poured years into D2, most of it as a Necro, so it was a must get for me. But yeah, it's 100% the same game. Just a new class. No expansion or anything. A couple minor new areas/quests, but you can clear out all the new areas in like 20 minutes. I've enjoyed it, but again, there's history for that for me.

Yeah, I played mostly Necro on D2. D1 was all about the mage, though I did beat that one with all three classes, but not the monk on the expansion. I didn't really like that expansion. D3 was fun, but I don't think I liked it enough to put more money into it. The game was way too easy.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

skywindO2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywindO2 wrote:
Played through What Remains of Edith Finch tonight. That was a really well told story but damn was it depressing and bleak.

Spoiler wrote:
Playing a game from the perspective a baby drowning in a bathtub isn't something I was prepared for.

Going to take some time to actually digest the rest.

More thoughts the next day, the story reminds me of the movie Big Fish, with unbelievable death stories and hints of truth, as opposed to life stories from the movie. I would definitely recommend anyone that plays games for the story and can look past lackluster game play. I'd look for the game on sale though since the asking price is a bit much for ~2 hours of game. I don't think the "walking simulator" games are for everyone but this one definitely has more variety than others.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

Yeah, I played mostly Necro on D2. D1 was all about the mage, though I did beat that one with all three classes, but not the monk on the expansion. I didn't really like that expansion. D3 was fun, but I don't think I liked it enough to put more money into it. The game was way too easy.
Bought the Necromancer DLC last night. Put a level 26 gem of ease into a level 70 Scythe and blew through Act 1 in an hour. My Necro is already level 52. Best part of Necro so far seems to be his speed. He's the fastest character class I've used.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any of you losers watching EVO?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap, man. Tokido with the huge win. Guy is a freaking legend and finally won his first EVO. Felt bad for his opponent.... 18 year old kid on the biggest stage the game has to offer and he just crumbled during that last set. Hopefully he'll be back in the future.

Great to see Tokido finally get that W tho.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, that was Pearl Harbor 2017.

Good lawd, Punk was so dominant up to that point too, and got chewed up and spit out. Tokido is a mental giant.

Smash 4 Finals were also amazing. Salem with an insanely improbably win over Zero with all kinds of sick comebacks from losers.

D#######
NS922

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:

Did you really just compare kids playing video games to Pearl Harbor?
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:
Mossburg wrote:

Did you really just compare kids playing video games to Pearl Harbor?

What happened yesterday will actually have a more lasting impact on this country because it was broadcasted on Disney XD, while Pear Harbor wasn't broadcasted on anything. Michael Bay tried, but it was just a movie, can't have the same delivery as witnessing something live.

D#######
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is one of the best casters of all-time, in any venue. Not only is he great with his commentary, but he cares so deeply about what he does and the fighting game community.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever is running Gamestops Facebook page is making me love Gamestop
MathMan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I buckled down and beat Watch Dogs 1.

Had to buy Watch Dogs 2.
WOW, much better so far (although I did like number 1)
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive played through Borderlands 2 a couple times. Beat bosses repeatedly both times through, trying to earn top weapons and gear. Earned 1 legendary item in all that time.

Kid starts a game of it, his character is only level 10. And sports 3 legendary items already. Confused

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 86 of 87

Jump to: