Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kirk Cousins...No Long Term Deal...Discuss
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Adam Schefter ✔ @AdamSchefter
With Monday's 4 pm deadline to sign franchise players looming, no deals close for Kirk Cousins, Le'Veon Bell, Trumaine Johnson at this time.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
Kirk Cousins is not expected to sign a long-term deal by Mondayís deadline, but is open to doing deal with team after season, per source.
Well that's kind of positive.

Yea, if you actually believe it. That's gonna be the narrative all season to calm the fans down, then Cousins will be gone this time next year.
Don't get me wrong, I really don't. I'm always hopeful something will get done but like Danny Roullier said on twitter and Mike14T has used before, I don't really believe it will happen.

It's really sad, as I just said to someone who was upset about the instability at the qb position for another year. I said heck, the Redskins have been unstable at the qb position since Theisman 32 years ago and they've had chances to re-sign sign and draft guys who could have their Qbs for most of the 90s, or most of the 2000s and now most of this decade and most of next but they've failed to get it done each one. It's so disappointing.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/07/16/with-contract-deadline-looming-kirk-cousins-appears-set-to-play-season-on-franchise-tag-again/?utm_term=.b8e0c76f6a2e

Quote:
Itís believed that to have a chance of signing Cousins, the Redskins would have to offer him a deal with an annual salary of around $28 million and roughly $52 million to $58 million guaranteed at signing and another $30 million to $35 million for the remaining three years.

But the Redskins havenít been willing to make that kind of a commitment. And there are some around the league that believe Cousins never planned to sign a multiyear deal with Washington this offseason regardless of the offer. The quarterback has said that he just wants to sign with a team that truly wants him, but he also has told others that he would like to test free agency to better gauge his worth and his options.

$28M AAV and up to $93M guaranteed? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

mike23md on the sig
Slappy Mc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20081141/kirk-cousins-washington-redskins-open-deal-season

At least the door isn't completely shut?

mike23md on the sweet sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/07/16/with-contract-deadline-looming-kirk-cousins-appears-set-to-play-season-on-franchise-tag-again/?utm_term=.b8e0c76f6a2e

Quote:
Itís believed that to have a chance of signing Cousins, the Redskins would have to offer him a deal with an annual salary of around $28 million and roughly $52 million to $58 million guaranteed at signing and another $30 million to $35 million for the remaining three years.

But the Redskins havenít been willing to make that kind of a commitment. And there are some around the league that believe Cousins never planned to sign a multiyear deal with Washington this offseason regardless of the offer. The quarterback has said that he just wants to sign with a team that truly wants him, but he also has told others that he would like to test free agency to better gauge his worth and his options.

$28M AAV and up to $93M guaranteed? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Call me crazy but I'd do it. He's very likely to play out the entire contract he signs, whether it's guaranteed or not.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Quote:

Call me crazy but I'd do it. He's very likely to play out the entire contract he signs, whether it's guaranteed or not.

I'd do it too. That guaranteed is only 4m more than Luck's. And we can always renegotiate in the last 2 years with him to spread things out further.

And given that Ryan, Rodgers, Stafford, et al will be doing new contracts in the next two years, this will quickly be eclipsed.

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
lavar703

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of you guys are insane with what you're willing to pay Kirk but whatever. Something needs to be done either way. This whole situation is stupid.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Quote:

I'd do it too. That guaranteed is only 4m more than Luck's. And we can always renegotiate in the last 2 years with him to spread things out further.

And given that Ryan, Rodgers, Stafford, et al will be doing new contracts in the next two years, this will quickly be eclipsed.
The way I see it the guaranteed $ is irrelevant when you're talking about a good or great player. Almost every good/great player plays out their entire contract or as you said gets extended/renegotiated. The only player I can't remember playing out his whole contract in D.C. lately that was good or should have been was Haynesworth.

HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

We clearly just don't want him.

Quote:
Kirk Cousins is set to play the 2017 season under the franchise tag, with the latest offer from the Washington Redskins still falling short of his franchise tag valuation.

Despite the tone in contract negotiations taking a positive turn in recent weeks, the Redskins quarterback hasn't received an official contract offer from the organization since May. According to Tom Pelissero of NFL.com, that offer was more than the previous offer of approx. $20 million in average annual salary, however still noticeably short of the $23.9 million Cousins is due this season.

Another point of contention on the deal has been the guarantees offered by the Redskins. The team offered only two years of guaranteed money to the quarterback, and would have controlled his rights until 2021 while being able to cut or release him after the 2018 season with no financial burden shouldered by the team.

According to Nick Shook of NFL.com, Cousins is banking on himself in 2017 while remaining in the the driver's seat as far as future contract negotiations go. Should the Redskins fail to progress as an organization, Cousins will be free to seek employment elsewhere, however another strong season gives him the opportunity to have the upper hand in negotiations.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-redskins-most-recent-offer-for-cousins-came-in-may/

mike23md on the sig
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've lowballed him so much that there's no way he doesn't leave in free agency next year. This front office is going to let a starting QB leave with no compensation and no in house successor.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Quote:

The way I see it the guaranteed $ is irrelevant when you're talking about a good or great player. Almost every good/great player plays out their entire contract or as you said gets extended/renegotiated. The only player I can't remember playing out his whole contract in D.C. lately that was good or should have been was Haynesworth.
Its a full contact sport. Guaranteed money is extremely relevant.

RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to start discussing first round QB's in next years draft ! Wink
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Time to start discussing first round QB's in next years draft ! Wink
What's the point? Bruce Allen will just trade 3 firsts for whatever terrible QB he falls in love with next.

Slateman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Quote:

Not at the quarterback position. Or who is it you think the Skins can sign with the money saved from not giving it all guaranteed that could compensate for Cousins not starting?
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Quote:

Not at the quarterback position. Or who is it you think the Skins can sign with the money saved from not giving it all guaranteed that could compensate for Cousins not starting?
I don't understand your question? If we give Cousins $80 mil in guaranteed money and he goes and blows out his knee this year we would be in trouble. Its a full contact sport where players can get seriously injured.

Brian23

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/JPFinlayCSN/status/887040202128195584

Man, Bruce getting the bus warmed up early this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 20 of 32

Jump to: