Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O/U Bears wins in Vegas is 4.5. Seems like over is easy money, no?
Sugashane

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing 6-10 with any health whatsoever. We have talent, I just think we are weak at several key points (like QB with Glennon starting, OT are below average, mediocre HC and OC). Best case scenario I could see would be 8-8 even with the division being pretty mediocre.

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
Tyty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
O/U Bears wins in Vegas is 4.5. Seems like over is easy money, no?

I wouldn't hesitate to take that bet
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's that time of year and there's nothing to talk about but there's two things I can't seem to come up with an answer for....

1. If Trubisky was such a "conviction" why did Kyle Shanahan have no interest in him or not feel the same? Supposed, "QB guru"?

2. If Pace had the idea of going after a QB in the top 3, why on earth did he not fire Fox and hire a new Coach? Maybe he truly feels Fox/Loggains are the answer?

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
Sugashane

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Maybe it's that time of year and there's nothing to talk about but there's two things I can't seem to come up with an answer for....

1. If Trubisky was such a "conviction" why did Kyle Shanahan have no interest in him or not feel the same? Supposed, "QB guru"?

2. If Pace had the idea of going after a QB in the top 3, why on earth did he not fire Fox and hire a new Coach? Maybe he truly feels Fox/Loggains are the answer?

A lot of different possibilities for the first question. Shanahan might feel the team is still too far away to make any noise, so he wants to fill out some of the other positions and get a QB later to set said QB up for success (like how the Jets did for Sanchez, but with a far less crappy QB). SF is likely a top 3 draft pick next year, and he might feel he can get Darnold, Rosen, or someone else next year. So he might feel Thomas and one of those QBs to be better for them rather than Trubisky/whatever prospect they might get next year. Plus he was just hired as HC, so he isn't under any pressure to rush a pick. He might even just believe he can develop near any QB, or have his eye on a potential free agent in 2018. Maybe he follows the Walsh theory that there is a need for 19 or so games to properly evaluate a QB. A lot of speculation, but there are a ton of chances.

I doubt he feels Fox and Loggains are the answer, but if he fires them and Fangio does not get the HC gig, he is now out of all 3. Plus Donatell will likely follow Fangio, and we need his experience to help develop all the youth in the defensive backfield. Personally I am not sure Fox makes it through the season if the Bears flop, and Fangio might get a chance at interim HC. If he does well, then Pace gets a look at his HC abilities, if he does poorly, he might have leverage to keep Fangio as a DC to further develop Floyd, and Donatell the DBs. Fangio won't have an Arians-like call for services as a new HC if the team doesn't improve quite a bit from the Fox-led team. If anything, seeing Fox remain shows me that Pace is untouchable this year, that he is completely secure in his position. If he is, then why not keep this staff on for a year and get a fairly high draft pick and then pursue the HC you want? Pace has had some seemingly great picks with Floyd, Howard, Whitehair, etc and if he can continue that trend with some of the pick ups in this years draft, he could have a very promising and desirable core to attract the HC.

Chicago was the top choice to coach when Emery chose Trestman over Arians, with a little improvement Chicago could be the top landing spot in 2018. Hopefully Pace just picks a better coach for us than Emery did. It is possible Pace was not convinced he could get Shanahan here, and did not want to risk "settling" for a 2nd option at HC. Hell he might not have been entirely convinced that someone like Shanahan was the answer.

bearsfan323

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:

1. Who says Shanahan is a guru? He did great work with Matt Ryan, not Blaine Gabbert.

2. Maybe MT really won't play this year, and he can learn next year from his HC for the next 5-7 years.
G08

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:

I think Pace is respecting Fox and taking two swings at the QB situation. If Glennon plays well, Fox and Loggains likely come back next season and Glennon is traded.

If Glennon sucks and Trubisky comes in and looks mediocre, I think we clean house (save for maybe asking Fangio to stay) and Pace hires a Pete Carmichael, Jr. type who will be tied to Trubisky for the (hopefully) next 10+ years.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Sugashane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:

I think Pace is respecting Fox and taking two swings at the QB situation. If Glennon plays well, Fox and Loggains likely come back next season and Glennon is traded.

If Glennon sucks and Trubisky comes in and looks mediocre, I think we clean house (save for maybe asking Fangio to stay) and Pace hires a Pete Carmichael, Jr. type who will be tied to Trubisky for the (hopefully) next 10+ years.

Carmichael is someone who really raises a lot of questions but raises a ton of intrigue.

Brees undoubtedly developed under him and became elite, but could he work someone from the ground up, or did Tom House make the big mechanic impact (or would Carmichael try to send Trubisky to him even)? Could he adapt the pass happy offense to fit Chicago's roster, which needs to give the rock to Howard early and often? Or will his system vary much from what he walked into and thrived in under Payton?

My biggest question would be why Carmichael was passed over by Vitt/Kromer while Payton was serving his suspension. Brees even called Vitt the "obvious choice" as Payton's temporary replacement. Definitely has a lot of questions and will create cause for concern that he might be too Trestman-like.

He is one of the top choices to investigate for me, along with Shaw and McDaniels.

G08

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
G08 wrote:

Carmichael is someone who really raises a lot of questions but raises a ton of intrigue.

Brees undoubtedly developed under him and became elite, but could he work someone from the ground up, or did Tom House make the big mechanic impact (or would Carmichael try to send Trubisky to him even)? Could he adapt the pass happy offense to fit Chicago's roster, which needs to give the rock to Howard early and often? Or will his system vary much from what he walked into and thrived in under Payton?

My biggest question would be why Carmichael was passed over by Vitt/Kromer while Payton was serving his suspension. Brees even called Vitt the "obvious choice" as Payton's temporary replacement. Definitely has a lot of questions and will create cause for concern that he might be too Trestman-like.

He is one of the top choices to investigate for me, along with Shaw and McDaniels.

He makes a ton of sense to me, offensively anyway, because Pace has firsthand knowledge of him and he can ostensibly lean on Sean Payton to gauge if he thinks Carmichael Jr. is ready.

Some of the Saints best statistical seasons, offensively, came when Carmichael Jr. was calling the plays. Dude turns 46 this season and has worked under the following offensive coaches:

Cam Cameron (4 seasons)
Doug Marrone (3 seasons)
Sean Payton (11 seasons)

My only qualms would be: can he lead a team? Who would be his defensive coordinator? Would Fangio be enticed to stay here knowing he could have full reign over the defense?

The risk with going with another defensive coach is the same [inappropriate/removed] we have endured in Chicago forever... the inability to find a quality offensive mind that will stick around and develop our QB.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
coors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Bourbonnais so I will most definitely be swinging by TC a few times this year.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2013: forget Lovie, we need an OFFENSIVE coach!

2015: forget Trestman, we need a DEFENSIVE coach!

2017: ...well, I see we're keeping the flip-flops going.
G08

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
2013: forget Lovie, we need an OFFENSIVE coach!

2015: forget Trestman, we need a DEFENSIVE coach!

2017: ...well, I see we're keeping the flip-flops going.

Hey man, I wanted a Trestman/Phillips combination.

If we did that, I have a feeling he'd still be here (for better or worse).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: