You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Jones notified he'll be traded or released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Agent for RB Matt Jones wants Redskins to release him | Pro32: Head to Head

http://pro32.ap.org/williamsondailynews/article/agent-rb-matt-jones-wants-redskins-release-him


its a punk move by Bruce Allen, but Bruce has always been a punk. I think he will wait a little longer, get some more negative press generated by Jones agent, then Bruce will plant/leak some negative stories to the press how Jones isn't coachable, he's overweight, or had been drinking, like he always does then cave and release him something that should have and could have been resolved long ago. I am moving from disliking Bruce and a much stronger hate. He is such a simpleton too because he follows the same stupid playbook for all of his actions. Bruce is the perfect sidekick for Danny


I'm starting to think you are wearing a tin foil hat!!



Me? Ok Mr. Gruden is a fat POS and a horrible coach that needs to be fired! It's easy to be a pessimist and be a D.C. Fan because most of the time you'll be right and if if you're not right most of the time it really doesn't matter because it was probably the prediction that made the most sense given how much D.C. Teams seem to blow their opportunities to win playoff games and playoff series constantly!

Hard to have some optimism but I chose to because I can't just walk around and be such a negative drain on my favorite sports teams 24-7.

I'm sick of listening to people complain about Bruce Allen 24-7, it's seriously all you hear on sports talk radio 24-7 and I just have to turn it off and listen to
Music because I can't take it! Then I come in here and every post is I hate Bruce, Bruce is an idiot this will never work, blah, blah, blah!

I'm going to take the position that if Bruce does something stupid or he really screws up, I'll complain about that dumb move or saying or whatever it is. But Bruce is here to stay for the foreseeable future, we don't have to like it but we are going to have to live with him and Snyder. It's just not going to change, I'm not going to make every freakin post as a vandeta on Bruce Allen. He's going to be here whether we like it or not and that's just the way it is. So, if you're going to be a Redskins fan, you're going to have to accept it. If you don't and you are just going to complain all day long about it then you're going to drive yourself and everyone around you nuts! Laughing
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 5169
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Agent for RB Matt Jones wants Redskins to release him | Pro32: Head to Head

http://pro32.ap.org/williamsondailynews/article/agent-rb-matt-jones-wants-redskins-release-him


its a punk move by Bruce Allen, but Bruce has always been a punk. I think he will wait a little longer, get some more negative press generated by Jones agent, then Bruce will plant/leak some negative stories to the press how Jones isn't coachable, he's overweight, or had been drinking, like he always does then cave and release him something that should have and could have been resolved long ago. I am moving from disliking Bruce and a much stronger hate. He is such a simpleton too because he follows the same stupid playbook for all of his actions. Bruce is the perfect sidekick for Danny


I'm starting to think you are wearing a tin foil hat!!



Me? Ok Mr. Gruden is a fat POS and a horrible coach that needs to be fired! It's easy to be a pessimist and be a D.C. Fan because most of the time you'll be right and if if you're not right most of the time it really doesn't matter because it was probably the prediction that made the most sense given how much D.C. Teams seem to blow their opportunities to win playoff games and playoff series constantly!

Hard to have some optimism but I chose to because I can't just walk around and be such a negative drain on my favorite sports teams 24-7.

I'm sick of listening to people complain about Bruce Allen 24-7, it's seriously all you hear on sports talk radio 24-7 and I just have to turn it off and listen to
Music because I can't take it! Then I come in here and every post is I hate Bruce, Bruce is an idiot this will never work, blah, blah, blah!

I'm going to take the position that if Bruce does something stupid or he really screws up, I'll complain about that dumb move or saying or whatever it is. But Bruce is here to stay for the foreseeable future, we don't have to like it but we are going to have to live with him and Snyder. It's just not going to change, I'm not going to make every freakin post as a vandeta on Bruce Allen. He's going to be here whether we like it or not and that's just the way it is. So, if you're going to be a Redskins fan, you're going to have to accept it. If you don't and you are just going to complain all day long about it then you're going to drive yourself and everyone around you nuts! Laughing



I love it when you and everyone brings it strong. In my experience there are three kinds of people and this forum needs all three because it makes it more interesting. I'm neither an optimist nor a pessimist. Yes I fall into the third category for our dear Redskins

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely half full, despite the fact that I don't really trust Bruce, I do trust Jay Gruden and Kirk Cousins to continue to take this team in the right direction and continue to conquer each challenge one by one. The Redskins challenge now is to get better running the ball, to get better on defense and to eventually win a playoff game. I think they're heading in the right direction and will eventually get all those 3 things done.

Let's all be honest, right now we have the talent at running back to field at least an average running game like we had in 2014 and before. And although we don't have a dominant defensive line/NT, it appears we have the young talent in place to eventually have a good or even great defense.

You can certainly make the argument that the team we have now - without even any other improvements in future years - that has already been built over the last 6 seasons is a championship contending team, we just have to have these young guys develop over the next few seasons and then we'll be there.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TKellion


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 1743
Location: Las Vegas Nevada
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a realist,I see things as they are.I had no problem with the people they didnt resign.I think they have done a decent job building the team everywhere but ILB and S.Our middle and back end were terrible last season and we have 1 new ILB.this means that at least one starter from last year will start barring miracle developement from a young unknown.We sign a SS to play FS and Cravens to SS.Well I am waiting to see how all of that turns out.I hate to think about Compton still starting. Twisted Evil
_________________
Posts: 6666=Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
I am a realist,I see things as they are.I had no problem with the people they didnt resign.I think they have done a decent job building the team everywhere but ILB and S.Our middle and back end were terrible last season and we have 1 new ILB.this means that at least one starter from last year will start barring miracle developement from a young unknown.We sign a SS to play FS and Cravens to SS.Well I am waiting to see how all of that turns out.I hate to think about Compton still starting. Twisted Evil
We signed a huge upgrade at ILB to Compton. Compton isn't going to start, the reason they're rotating him right now is the exact same reason Ryan Grant is seeing 1st team reps at WR - they know the playbook and the guy's who will be starting in September are learning.

Foster will be the staring MIKE. Compton can't even play that position, all he can play at even an "average at best level" is WILB but he lacks the athleticism to play that job at a better than a "better than average level." Foster will probably only be on the field in our base 3-4 defense because he's a stout run defender which, is at most 40% of the time for our defense.

Swearinger is not a SS. He played FS last year for the cardinals after Matthieu got hurt and they had one of - if not the best - defense in the NFL. Sua Cravens is going to make some mistakes in deep coverage - but a lot of young safeties do as they're learning - he'll still be an upgrade over the guys we've trotted out there since Laron Landry and he will be an even better run defender and short to intermediate coverage guy than everyone we've had play that role since Ryan Clark. I don't even know if that's really an argument people could make in the other direction. Landry was good around the line of scrimmage and had speed and athleticism but zero recognition and instincts in coverage- Cravens has all of that.

We also did draft a back up safety in round 4 and we have DeShazor Everett developing still and he's a core special teams player.

As I said in another thread it wouldn't shock me to see Manusky still use Cravens as a nickle/dime ILB when they take Foster off the field and they'll bring in Hall or Blackmon to play a two deep safety look with Swearinger covering 1/2 the field and Hall or Blackmon taking the other half.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TKellion


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 1743
Location: Las Vegas Nevada
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever you say turtle,I will not engage in an endless debate with you over this.I will continue to see it as I see it.You forget btw that Foster was the other half of a putrid starting duo and I am not happy to have either on the roster. Twisted Evil
_________________
Posts: 6666=Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
Whatever you say turtle,I will not engage in an endless debate with you over this.I will continue to see it as I see it.You forget btw that Foster was the other half of a putrid starting duo and I am not happy to have either on the roster. Twisted Evil
Good, thanks for conceding. Laughing Wink

I don't forget that Foster and Compton weren't great together because neither is an elite athlete. Foster is a big tough run defending ILB, used best as a two down player. That's why we should take him off the field in nickle and dime packages and have Cravens move to like a true SS position in those packages like 7 or 8 yards off the line of scrimmage like a rover DB/LB - how the Rams use Barron - and then we bring in Blackmon or Hall to play a 2 deep look, playing 1/2 the field and Swearinger plays the other 1/2 of the field.

2016 highlights, a lot of run stuffs, a few pass deflections:

https://youtu.be/5CHcpUFue7E
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 26969
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Once again, it's better for the team and Jones to showcase him in the preseason, especially in the 4th preseason game. If Jones is released now, I don't see any team signing him until they have an injury or see their back up running struggle.

It's not being a punk, it's just smart business. Any GM should keep Jones as long as they could to see if they could trade him for anything before releasing him.

As I said before, the Jets have a disgruntled Sheldon Richardson who they're probably going to lose after this season. If I'm the Jets and I'm serious about tanking, I'd trade Richardson for Jones. Jones has the size and speed to be a starting caliber back, he just has more work to do to get there. Maybe he never will but if I'm the Jets and I'm cutting starters anyways, I'd definitely trade Richardson for the chance - how ever small it may be - that Jones could be my starting running back for the next 5 plus years.

Also, if they got Jones, they could manage Matt Forte's touches more to hopefully keep him healthy all season. Given their qb situation, the Jets should be a run heavy team that runs it at least 30 times a game. If they had Jones they could split those carries between those two backs.


At what cost to the other guys on the roster? If you're going to give Matt Jones preseason game touches in order to "showcase" him, that means you need to give him training camp reps to get him into game readiness. All of that means less time given to the guys on the roster you plan to keep.

What if he looks great in camp and you suddenly decide to keep him? Do you then not showcase him because you don't want him to get hurt? What if that's just a mirage?

At this point, his value is zero. Teams can pull his film and look at him. They can look at how we've dealt with him and how he has dealt with us. They saw that we gave a UDFA his starting gig and then spend a high fourth round pick on another RB.

The simple situation: cut bait and move on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 19354
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
What if he looks great in camp and you suddenly decide to keep him?


_________________


Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks around.... Rolling Eyes

Matt Jones still not he roster and he fired and hired a new agent. Seems he wasn't happy with his agent demanding a trade and telling him to not go to OTAs or was it mini camp, I can't remember which is voluntary. Jones must have gotten a better feeling once he got to Redskins park and talked to the coaches last month. I still doubt he makes the team and I doubt we keep a 4th running back but he did say he's going to work on special teams and do all he can to make it.

May the chips fall where they may I guess. Great selection Scot! Laughing Wink

Jk, jk! Don't get your panties all up in a bunch guys... Wink
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 7252
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scot was my guy and I still said Jones sucked. He never should've took Alf's job and he never should've just been handed the starting gig. He's not an NFL caliber player despite his measurables and they should just cut him or trade him for another teams disappointment. Trade him to the Browns for Cody Kessler.
_________________
Dashing is the greatest FF poster ever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Scot was my guy and I still said Jones sucked. He never should've took Alf's job and he never should've just been handed the starting gig. He's not an NFL caliber player despite his measurables and they should just cut him or trade him for another teams disappointment. Trade him to the Browns for Cody Kessler.
The Brown's will never do that, at worst Kessler is a great career back up, if not more.

I agree with what you said about how Scot shouldn't have forced Alf out to just give Jones the job that was a mistake but I think we have two backs who have the potential to be better than Alf now with Kelley & especially Perine.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group