Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canyon1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Questions Reply with quote

This forum has been nonexistent for some time now and I am trying to start up some Texans talk.

1. Does Obrien fix the offense and get a contract extension???

2. If they offer him an extension would he sign it after the things that happened last season???

3. Does AJ Bouye show the NFL that he is/isn't an elite corner and that the Texans defense made him look better than what he was?

4. Who gets an Extension first Nuk or Brown???

5. If Savage lights it up do we keep him or let him walk since it is his contract year???

6. If we did a sign and trade with Savage what could we get for him if he plays like a capable QB???

COME ON WE NEED TO KEEP THIS GOING TO DEAL WITH THIS DEAD PERIOD IN FOOTBALL
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMO:

1. No, the offense is hit and miss all season and statistically only marginally better at the end of the season, but it shows promise and O'Brien gets a 2 yr. extension.

2. Yes, he still doesn't like or get along well with McNair or Smith but he likes the power and pay of a head coach.

3. AJ Bouye is good but not great, our front 7 made him look great.

4. Brown, McNair is loyal to his cornerstone players and Brown gets a 2-3 yrs. extension. Nuk gets an offer but turns it down and opts. for FA or gets tagged.

5. IF Savage lights it up, yes we extend him for 2 yrs. and make 2018 a prove it year for him and have a real QB battle with Watson in preseason, but I doubt seriously that it happens.

6. If he plays well and we do a sign and trade, I think your looking at a 4th round pick at best. Other teams know his injury history and are leery of players that have good seasons in a contract year and it took him til his 4th year in a system to do well.
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I'm not expecting it to be as the Kubiak offenses were (in Kubs' 4th season we were pretty much rolling on offense if I remember correctly) BUT I do expect the strongest incarnation oh OBs Texans offense. This is the best group of QBs we've had with him, and I think last year's draft class steps up and allows our QBs to generate some easy yards off YAC in the short passing game. I think we'll extend him ya, maybe he's not the greatest HC in the world, but the coaching staff he's brought in is phenomenal.

2. Yes. I don't think OBs goin anywhere.

3. Jags may be second only to our defense in the entire NFL. Between Buoye, Campbell, Jack, Ramsey, Fowler, etc.. I think the days of easily burying the Jags are over.

4. Hopefully both. I want Nuk, Brown, Xsf, and Fido all paid and happy before seasons end. That's how we should use the cap space from the Brock trade.

5. I think we trade him midseason after he performs well enough to convince someone ( whose QB gets injured midseason) that he could potentially save their season.. like the Bradford trade or the Carson Palmer trade to the Raiders. I don't see him playing well enough to hold off Watson for long, even if we are winning games.

6. I just want my 2 back. Until that cap space is spent, the Brock trade was stupid. Getting back into the second round would make I'll for it

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. No. O'Brien is the most overrated HC in the league and our offense has gotten worse every single season with him as HC. This season he will be calling plays so if our offense suck again then its on him. I think and hope this will be O'Brien's last season. No way he signs an extension.

2. If they offer him an extension I think he will not sign it. If the rumors of him wanting full control of the team is true why would he sign the extension?

3. Bouye is a good player but it will be interesting to see how he does in Jacksonville now that he got his money. Lets not forget he was one of the most undisciplined corners in the league this past season. Jacksonville on paper has a pretty good front 7. It 's not Texans good, but its still good nevertheless.

4. I think Browns gets his extension around training camp. Hopkins will be tagged.

5. If and a huge if Savage lights it up I think he will bounce as a FA if a team is willing to pay him a good amount of money. I doubt he will light it up though.

6. If Savage has a good year I could see a team giving up a 3rd round pick at the most. Lets not forget he is still injury prone. One good season is not going to make a team give up a 1st or 2nd rounder to get him. Heck even a 3rd rounder might be too much if Im an opposing team.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
1. No. O'Brien is the most overrated HC in the league and our offense has gotten worse every single season with him as HC. This season he will be calling plays so if our offense suck again then its on him. I think and hope this will be O'Brien's last season. No way he signs an extension.

2. If they offer him an extension I think he will not sign it. If the rumors of him wanting full control of the team is true why would he sign the extension?

5. If and a huge if Savage lights it up I think he will bounce as a FA if a team is willing to pay him a good amount of money. I doubt he will light it up though.

6. If Savage has a good year I could see a team giving up a 3rd round pick at the most. Lets not forget he is still injury prone. One good season is not going to make a team give up a 1st or 2nd rounder to get him. Heck even a 3rd rounder might be too much if Im an opposing team.

I think it's an exaggeration to say it's gotten worse every season. I think it definitely got worse from Fitz to Hoyer, but then it improved again between Brock/Savage (whether you want to admit it or not, we finally got some mileage out of the TEs thanks to Brock, albeit he wasn't overly comfortable throwing to any other position group). I'm not sure Hoyer could've beaten Connor Cook and the Raiders in that playoff game honestly. Brock wasn't as bad as he was made out to be.. just apparently he's a real [inappropriate/removed].

I highly doubt he'd decline an extension. He's assembled such a talented group of coaches why would he walk away. I can't think of a more attractive coaching job then HC of the Houston Texans right now.

Sam Bradford cost a FIRST ROUND PICK. I wouldn't be so sure Savage couldn't yield a 2nd, or even a 1st if we got of to a hot start. You can pretty much GUARANTEE someone's QB will go down midseason, and if Savage is 3, 4-0 when it happens and Watson seems ready.. Smitty loves trading QBs, and they really like Weeden I'm sure they'd trust him as a #2. If Savage were a RB then yes, I'd say he probably wouldn't yield much value, but QBs that can win games are rare, and he's got an opportunity to prove that's what he is. I think he'll be the best QB we've had Week 1-onward in any of the seasons since OB's been around.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no such thing as a sign and trade in the NFL. There is a hard cap and no max salaries so there is no point in giving up assets to sign anyone.

We could in theory sign him and trade him later but if he shows himself a good starter he's going to want 15 million a year and that's too rich to try and trade later on. Plus in the NFL you don't get out of all the money on the contract when you trade someone.

I'll be shocked if Savage is starting after our bye week. He probably does t make it past the IR this pre season

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
canyon1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the possible odds that Jeff Allen got in better shape to play RT and Mancz is going over to RG???
canyon1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should Houston take a flyer on Darrelle Revis? I know 100% that he is not the same guy that could shut someone down BUT this defense and its pass rush took a FA off the street and got him paid (DEMPS). Demps never came close to having the skill the Revis does. With our pass rush could Revis look like he once did??? Just a thought because they say we are always looking for ways to improve our team and Revis is an opportunistic that could capitalize on bad throws. Just an idea because I am betting that Demps flops in Chicago. Bouye flops in Jacksonville as well. Just a hunch
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:
What are the possible odds that Jeff Allen got in better shape to play RT and Mancz is going over to RG???

Doubtful. He played a little RT in KC, but doesn't have the body type to be a true RT as he's not long enough and certainly not athletic enough. Hell, last year he wasn't athletic enough to handle moving from the left side to the right side. It absolutely drives me nuts that it's acceptable for this guy to get a $28 million contract then show up fat and basically show none of the drive and nastiness that earned him that contract. I'm not willing to blame an ankle for his struggles as every bit of it smacks of a guy who got a paycheck then mailed it in, so I'm sure NOT going to trust him for an even bigger role. If he hadn't gotten $12 million guaranteed he'd already be out on his fat arse, but that $ bought him a 2nd chance and at least he seems to be in better shape. We knew what we had in Brandon Brooks who had worked his way into being a top 10 RG with upside still to come and let him walk for a guy that PFF ranked 72nd - one of the worst guards in the NFL last year. Dude is fighting for a roster spot, not a promotion.

Again - absolutely amazing that Rick Smith still has the keys to this thing after taking an area of strength for this team and turning it into a glaring weakness for absolutely no reason. QB was broke and needed to be fixed, so swinging and missing with Brock is bad, but this one was classic Rick breaking something that was fixed over a few $ in cap that doesn't even get used. If you think he's learned - let's watch this secondary play out this season when we're back to relying on Kareem Jackson instead of Bouye who put in one of the best season's we've ever had from a DB when finally given the chance over our 1st rounders who play because of draft position, not because of anything they've done on the field. Remind me what we've done with those cap dollars we couldn't afford again? Oh yeah - $31 million in space just rotting on the vine despite eating $9 million for Brock.

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:
Should Houston take a flyer on Darrelle Revis? I know 100% that he is not the same guy that could shut someone down BUT this defense and its pass rush took a FA off the street and got him paid (DEMPS). Demps never came close to having the skill the Revis does. With our pass rush could Revis look like he once did??? Just a thought because they say we are always looking for ways to improve our team and Revis is an opportunistic that could capitalize on bad throws. Just an idea because I am betting that Demps flops in Chicago. Bouye flops in Jacksonville as well. Just a hunch

See how Ed Reed worked out for your answer. Bringing in hall of fame ego's who have arena league bodies left is a recipe for disaster (see also 2017 Jets). Worse still, the Jets are still on the hook for $6 million in 2017, so he wants at least $8 million to get off the couch. Revis might bring veteran leadership to some young secondary, but we're set in that dept. We desperately need SPEEED in our secondary, and Revis lost his legs and it seemed like his heart followed.

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
canyon1 wrote:

See how Ed Reed worked out for your answer. Bringing in hall of fame ego's who have arena league bodies left is a recipe for disaster (see also 2017 Jets). Worse still, the Jets are still on the hook for $6 million in 2017, so he wants at least $8 million to get off the couch. Revis might bring veteran leadership to some young secondary, but we're set in that dept. We desperately need SPEEED in our secondary, and Revis lost his legs and it seemed like his heart followed.

Agreed, [inappropriate/removed] that. I do see us potentially adding a preseason all pro at CB that couldn't squeeze his way onto whatever team. I wish we'd have kept Terrance Mitchell last season I think he might be better than Nelson. He definitely was last year for KC.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is there an article blowing smoke our A** about Davenport potentially a starter as a rookie. Is he really that talented?? Has he really done that well in OTA's? I am asking this because this would be amazing if he became a steal and a day 1 starter. WE ALL worry about the RT position and if it now has been fixed then that really helps our entire offense a lot.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:
Why is there an article blowing smoke our A** about Davenport potentially a starter as a rookie. Is he really that talented?? Has he really done that well in OTA's? I am asking this because this would be amazing if he became a steal and a day 1 starter. WE ALL worry about the RT position and if it now has been fixed then that really helps our entire offense a lot.

Until they get live looks in pre-season games, who knows.....they will pump him up, because thats what we do.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only answer to every question (yes, even THAT question) is try the beta.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589149

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: