Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stadium Saga Part XVII: Hosting the Big Dance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vikes_Bolts1228

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Vikings executive vice president Lester Bagley said the team wants to host the event at both U.S. Bank Stadium and their under-construction practice facility.

Makes sense. At one time, only the practice facility was mentioned, something I couldn't see the NFL granting as the lone site. If it happened, I'd guess the first two nights would be in the stadium, like how Chicago held it in that auditorium. Put "Draft Town" at the practice facility.

Not as ideal as the last three drafts, because there's obviously some distance between the two sites, but would still be cool to get the draft to come to Minnesota.

I wouldn't mind it live at the Guthrie (1,100) or Orpheum (2,579) and have a remote viewing at the new complex and/or U.S. Bank Stadium.
Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends,
I was in Minneapolis for a conference May 3-6, and stayed a few days after with the wife to see the sights. I really like Minneapolis! The light rail was very easy to use, and got me everywhere I needed to go.
I went to a play at the Guthrie...what a marvelous theatre! Maybe the best facility to see live theatre that I've ever seen!
The wife took me to the Mall of America. It's just a big mall. It really didn't do anything for me.
This past Sunday, my wife and I took a tour of US Bank Stadium! Wow...it's awesome. I can't wait to come back and see a game there. So many great things about the stadium...but on the tour, we got to go into the Vikings locker room!

We also went to St. Paul and toured the state capitol building. It's quite beautiful. The airport was easy to manage.
Ate at some neat places downtown Minneapolis.

While attending the conference the organization held a silent auction to raise funds for the foundation. I was the high bidder for an autographed picture of Stefan Diggs scoring a touchdown against the Packers in the opening game for US Bank Stadium. Which of course led me to the decision to purchase a Diggs jersey at the team store at the stadium!

You Minnesotans have a lot to be very proud of. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the Twin Cities!

Last edited by Virginia Viking on Wed May 10, 2017 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you got to see it. Every now and then, I try to convince my wife to move there (I grew up there, but she's from here in KS)...she seems to be open to it...but, if we ever do move back there, it'll have to be to St. Paul. I grew up on the west side of the river, but now that I'm in the middle ages, the east side would suit me better.

Thx to Lil Uno!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The annual Taste of the Vikings event, which helps combat childhood hunger, will take place from 6:30-10 p.m. Wednesday at the stadium. It is the first time the event will be held at the new stadium, which can accommodate more guests. The “strolling food and wine event” features food from some of the best restaurants in Minneapolis and St. Paul that offer their signature dishes to raise awareness and funds to fight against childhood hunger.

It will also feature prominent Vikings players, coaches and alumni signing autographs, posing for photos and serving some of the spotlight dishes. The Vikings partner with Second Harvest Heartland and presenting sponsor Land O’Lakes for the food-and wine-sampling event. General admission for the event is $175 and Vikings season-ticket holders can get in for $150, with all proceeds going to Second Harvest Heartland to provide more than 3 million meals to kids throughout Minnesota during the summer months.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/vikings/story/1784384-taste-of-the-vikings-moves-to-new-stadium

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
skywindO2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did Madden become an X Games event?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: