You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Android Thread v4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
I think they did the chin like that b/c you need all that real estate for front facing speakers. Not gonna lie, going from a phone that has them to one that doesn't will be a tough thing to do. They are literally perfect.

If the Pixel goes to edge-to-edge, I'm heavily going to consider it. Everything is just rumors now so I'll patiently wait b/c I still love this 6P so I'm in no hurry to upgrade. Thing is still flawless after 1.5 years.

I thought they did away with the front speaking speakers after the 6P? Mine has been out of commission for over a year (RIP) but I loved the device for the most part.

Quote:
First I think the back of the Pixel is actually really nice

I could never get over this top half. The 6P's looked so much better to me if a phone is going to go asymmetrical. To each their own obviously. I've heard that about the G6 too.

OnePlus 5 has underwhelmed so far. Haven't really heard of any phones taking the world by storm this year other than the S8. I would never go back to Samsung though. OnePlus or Pixel (with a skin or case) for me.

Anyone hear about the RED phone yet?
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/7/6/15929212/red-hydrogen-one-smartphone-price-specs-release

Honestly I'm just kind of stoked a camera company is putting out a phone
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

I thought they did away with the front speaking speakers after the 6P? Mine has been out of commission for over a year (RIP) but I loved the device for the most part.

Yeah, it is the last one I believe and that is due to the large bezels you get as a result. I think I'll like edge to edge display but the front facing speakers are just so clutch. I do love this phone though. Still 1.5 years strong w/ it and I can see myself lasting another 1.5 if needed. I see why everyone wanted Nexus when it was a thing.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073RRB7YS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Samsung Galaxy S8 64gb Unlocked

Gear VR with Controller (2017 edition)

Wireless Charger with stand

$624

Seems like a good deal....I wish I didn't dislike my S7 Edge so much, my fear of having the same issues with the S8 is making me hesitant.

WE'RE ON TO 2016
Pats#1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought the package above for $624

Purchased separately all that goes for around $885

Figure I can easily flip the bundle for $775-800

Profit goes to my next phone....I checked how much my 1 month old S7 Edge in mint condition would be worth trade in value and it's laughably bad ($186) Laughing

WE'RE ON TO 2016
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, every single person I know who has the S8 says it's the best phone they've ever had. A lot of them were iPhone holders previously as well. Hope it works out for you.

Thinking about it, it's kinda weird how many people I know w/ this device. Almost none of them were Sammy owners prior. Maybe their marketing team did something to get this to appeal to people especially after the fiasco which was the Note 7. I was worried Sammy would tank but it seems they've come back stronger than ever.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Pixel XL?

It has a 6" bezeless screen, 'squeezable' sides... and possibly no headphone jack. Not bad looking. I don't know about these squeezable sides but from first impressions I rather not have that. I don't like any give with my electronics, makes them feel cheaply made.

Mack on the sig
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No headphone jack just kills it for me.

Also don't like how the stock google phones haven't had microSD slots.

WE'RE ON TO 2016
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:

It has a 6" bezeless screen, 'squeezable' sides... and possibly no headphone jack. Not bad looking. I don't know about these squeezable sides but from first impressions I rather not have that. I don't like any give with my electronics, makes them feel cheaply made.

I'm guessing it's gonna be more for grip purposes. Could be really cool if it's some grip surface like a nice case.

D#######
Mossburg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:

Profit goes to my next phone....I checked how much my 1 month old S7 Edge in mint condition would be worth trade in value and it's laughably bad ($186) Laughing

Dood, did you just complain about a Samsung phone, then said you didn't know about the mass complaints when you bought it, and now bought another one?

All I gotta say is look at this thread and the people who own stock Android devices. I don't hear many complaints, and we complain about everything.

D#######
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:

I'm guessing it's gonna be more for grip purposes. Could be really cool if it's some grip surface like a nice case.

This is what I was gathering also from the description. No headphone jack and no dual rear cameras = I won't buy it.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:

Dood, did you just complain about a Samsung phone, then said you didn't know about the mass complaints when you bought it, and now bought another one?

All I gotta say is look at this thread and the people who own stock Android devices. I don't hear many complaints, and we complain about everything.

I said I heard about the complaints but I figured it was something that I myself (not as picky as some techies and not a power user) wouldn't be too put off by well taking into account the cheap price of the phone at the time.

The only reason I bought the bundle was to flip it and I already sold it for $790 on craigslist.

I get it in the mail from Amazon tomorrow and am meeting the guy friday.

Easiest $140 I ever made Laughing

I will admit though I am finding I am becoming one of those very nitpicky users since being the owner of nearly stock android phones for the past 4 years (OPO and Moto X Pure).

The camera and screens on the Samsung are obviously fantastic, however I'd much rather have a slightly lesser screen and an average camera if it comes with seamless functionality and minimal bloat.

Take for example the S7 Edge and S8 screen...looks amazing...but neither works with a good screen protector/case combination.

My S7 Edge looks fantastic, I just wish it worked as good as it looked.

WE'RE ON TO 2016
Mossburg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^well played sir.

As a fat guy in a music video once said, "Errrday I'm hustlin'."

D#######

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89
Page 89 of 89

Jump to: