You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles Released DGB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mr Raider


Joined: 25 Jun 2014
Posts: 1869
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Mr Raider wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
Tyty wrote:
Cypher wrote:
I got called a lot of names in local circles and some Panthers groups for calling this dude a scrub that would flop at the next level. Dude's been a straight up bust, and I honestly never thought he'd be anything other than that.


Who the hell thought he would've bust or at least underwhelm? He was a wildly athletic prospect with no direction. Underwhelmed in college. I thought it was pretty much understood that he had a very high ceiling but it would be difficult to even pull him from the floor


Casual fans are a hell of a thing. I knew at least 20 people who thought he would absolutely dominate the league and called him a "beast" at every opportunity.


Some Raider fans thought it wasn't worth drafting Cooper when DGB could be had in the 2nd...


Or trading back into the teens for him from a certain someone.

That's what I'll always remember DGB for. The endless debates in the Raider forum about passing on Cooper because he wasn't 6'3" and because of that didn't possess the height and jump ball ability to be a "true" #1 WR like "Tron" Julio, and Green.


I wanted Big Cat instead. Was a match made in heaven. Coop was the right pick though. Especially if Mario Edwards stays healthy.

For a while I wanted Kevin White more though. Kinda quietly switched to preferring Coop before the draft. Still, some of White's college games were insane.


I went back and forth on Coop and White and wpuld have been very happy with Williams (but thought he'd be gone) I landed on Cooper being my top choice, but would have loved any of the 3. With hindsight I'm extremely happy we went with AC.
_________________

The poster formally known as LivingLegendWFC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Supersuavesky


Joined: 23 Nov 2008
Posts: 32516
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crickett wrote:
Cypher wrote:
Tyty wrote:
Cypher wrote:
I got called a lot of names in local circles and some Panthers groups for calling this dude a scrub that would flop at the next level. Dude's been a straight up bust, and I honestly never thought he'd be anything other than that.


Who the hell thought he would've bust or at least underwhelm? He was a wildly athletic prospect with no direction. Underwhelmed in college. I thought it was pretty much understood that he had a very high ceiling but it would be difficult to even pull him from the floor


Casual fans are a hell of a thing. I knew at least 20 people who thought he would absolutely dominate the league and called him a "beast" at every opportunity.


But he's so tall. No tall James Hardy receiver Ramses Barden has ever failed Jon Baldwin in the Tyrone Calico NFL Brian Quick before. It's Mike Williams inconceivable.
RIP James Hardy. Crying or Very sad
_________________


At least George will leave Indy soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 43935
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
So I guess we can now say the Titans won that trade?


The Titans already lost by deciding to draft him in the first place...


One of many duds that lead to the firing of the inept clown known as Ruston Webster...
_________________

^^El ramster^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

#JDI
FootballProdiG wrote:
Cant spell choke without OKC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Moderator
Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 41597
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Raider wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Mr Raider wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
Tyty wrote:
Cypher wrote:
I got called a lot of names in local circles and some Panthers groups for calling this dude a scrub that would flop at the next level. Dude's been a straight up bust, and I honestly never thought he'd be anything other than that.


Who the hell thought he would've bust or at least underwhelm? He was a wildly athletic prospect with no direction. Underwhelmed in college. I thought it was pretty much understood that he had a very high ceiling but it would be difficult to even pull him from the floor


Casual fans are a hell of a thing. I knew at least 20 people who thought he would absolutely dominate the league and called him a "beast" at every opportunity.


Some Raider fans thought it wasn't worth drafting Cooper when DGB could be had in the 2nd...


Or trading back into the teens for him from a certain someone.

That's what I'll always remember DGB for. The endless debates in the Raider forum about passing on Cooper because he wasn't 6'3" and because of that didn't possess the height and jump ball ability to be a "true" #1 WR like "Tron" Julio, and Green.


I wanted Big Cat instead. Was a match made in heaven. Coop was the right pick though. Especially if Mario Edwards stays healthy.

For a while I wanted Kevin White more though. Kinda quietly switched to preferring Coop before the draft. Still, some of White's college games were insane.


I went back and forth on Coop and White and wpuld have been very happy with Williams (but thought he'd be gone) I landed on Cooper being my top choice, but would have loved any of the 3. With hindsight I'm extremely happy we went with AC.


Same. At the time I was kinda bummed we didn't go Williams. But I'm totally fine with it now. Either would have been fine. Although I think Coop was the better move to support Carr.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr Raider


Joined: 25 Jun 2014
Posts: 1869
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Mr Raider wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Mr Raider wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
Tyty wrote:
Cypher wrote:
I got called a lot of names in local circles and some Panthers groups for calling this dude a scrub that would flop at the next level. Dude's been a straight up bust, and I honestly never thought he'd be anything other than that.


Who the hell thought he would've bust or at least underwhelm? He was a wildly athletic prospect with no direction. Underwhelmed in college. I thought it was pretty much understood that he had a very high ceiling but it would be difficult to even pull him from the floor


Casual fans are a hell of a thing. I knew at least 20 people who thought he would absolutely dominate the league and called him a "beast" at every opportunity.


Some Raider fans thought it wasn't worth drafting Cooper when DGB could be had in the 2nd...


Or trading back into the teens for him from a certain someone.

That's what I'll always remember DGB for. The endless debates in the Raider forum about passing on Cooper because he wasn't 6'3" and because of that didn't possess the height and jump ball ability to be a "true" #1 WR like "Tron" Julio, and Green.


I wanted Big Cat instead. Was a match made in heaven. Coop was the right pick though. Especially if Mario Edwards stays healthy.

For a while I wanted Kevin White more though. Kinda quietly switched to preferring Coop before the draft. Still, some of White's college games were insane.


I went back and forth on Coop and White and wpuld have been very happy with Williams (but thought he'd be gone) I landed on Cooper being my top choice, but would have loved any of the 3. With hindsight I'm extremely happy we went with AC.


Same. At the time I was kinda bummed we didn't go Williams. But I'm totally fine with it now. Either would have been fine. Although I think Coop was the better move to support Carr.


Agreed. Well said. I thought Williams would have been a great fit with Mack long term, and he would have. But when we had DC and had legit hope he could be that guy, it was the best decision to give him as much support as possible to see as soon as possible if he could be THE guy.

Plus I didn't love any of the guys that could have been tjere in the second (Dorsett, DGB, etc).
_________________

The poster formally known as LivingLegendWFC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KManX89


Joined: 25 Oct 2012
Posts: 9419
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Raider wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Mr Raider wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Mr Raider wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
Tyty wrote:
Cypher wrote:
I got called a lot of names in local circles and some Panthers groups for calling this dude a scrub that would flop at the next level. Dude's been a straight up bust, and I honestly never thought he'd be anything other than that.


Who the hell thought he would've bust or at least underwhelm? He was a wildly athletic prospect with no direction. Underwhelmed in college. I thought it was pretty much understood that he had a very high ceiling but it would be difficult to even pull him from the floor


Casual fans are a hell of a thing. I knew at least 20 people who thought he would absolutely dominate the league and called him a "beast" at every opportunity.


Some Raider fans thought it wasn't worth drafting Cooper when DGB could be had in the 2nd...


Or trading back into the teens for him from a certain someone.

That's what I'll always remember DGB for. The endless debates in the Raider forum about passing on Cooper because he wasn't 6'3" and because of that didn't possess the height and jump ball ability to be a "true" #1 WR like "Tron" Julio, and Green.


I wanted Big Cat instead. Was a match made in heaven. Coop was the right pick though. Especially if Mario Edwards stays healthy.

For a while I wanted Kevin White more though. Kinda quietly switched to preferring Coop before the draft. Still, some of White's college games were insane.


I went back and forth on Coop and White and wpuld have been very happy with Williams (but thought he'd be gone) I landed on Cooper being my top choice, but would have loved any of the 3. With hindsight I'm extremely happy we went with AC.


Same. At the time I was kinda bummed we didn't go Williams. But I'm totally fine with it now. Either would have been fine. Although I think Coop was the better move to support Carr.


Agreed. Well said. I thought Williams would have been a great fit with Mack long term, and he would have. But when we had DC and had legit hope he could be that guy, it was the best decision to give him as much support as possible to see as soon as possible if he could be THE guy.

Plus I didn't love any of the guys that could have been tjere in the second (Dorsett, DGB, etc).


I think Cooper would have helped your team the best of the top 3.

I'd say you made the right choice selecting him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Selkiesxx


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 1574
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This obviously won't be the end of the line for Dorial Green-Beckham, barring any legal troubles he might have because he's just one of those guys GMs can't help but to try to recuperate. If he ever figures it out, he could have freakish ability. At this point though, I don't think it's going to click unless DGB turns it around mentally. The knock on him coming out was he doesn't show up like he should and the NFL, it's really hard to get by on just size and speed alone.

I hope he figures it out, in the interviews I've seen and heard from him he always came across as a pretty good guy that just had a rough time growing up.

Quote:
Or trading back into the teens for him from a certain someone.

That's what I'll always remember DGB for. The endless debates in the Raider forum about passing on Cooper because he wasn't 6'3" and because of that didn't possess the height and jump ball ability to be a "true" #1 WR like "Tron" Julio, and Green.

It was easy to like what Green-Beckham could have been but so far, I'd say Oakland definitely made the right choice. This is the definitive year for Kevin White so it stings that Oakland didn't buy into Kevin White's hype and force my Bears to settle for Amari Cooper. Laughing
_________________
Bears :: White Sox :: Blackhawks :: Bulls

@michaelsbodam (Twitter)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BLick12


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 31494
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
MemphisEagles wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
DGB was my biggest draft miss in the last 4-5 years. I thought he would become a low end #1 WR/high end #2 WR.

That being said, I think he would have excelled more with Carr or a similar quarterback simply because he can catch fades and run go routes, and there's still time for him to find a team that fits him.

If we weren't so stacked with receivers, I'd love to bring him in on a minimum deal just because why not. We lost Holmes, our redzone big guy and I wouldn't mind bringing in DGB to see if he can do anything to fill that role.


Just because he has height and speed doesn't mean he can do fades and go routes. He can't run routes, he is so bad at highpointing he routinely gets beat on 50 50 balls by guys under six feet, and he is extraordinarily clumsy. Then add in stone hands and poor work ethic, along with no special teams ability, and he is barely worth a practice squad spot.


Haven't all his notable catches/touchdowns been fades in the NFL?


All 6 of them? Laughing

And no, they haven't been. He's got the size and vertical to be elite at them, but I've never seen someone get so easily rerouted by a corner. He has no technique getting off the ball and his body positioning is absolutely atrocious, you'd think he's 5'6 160.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MemphisEagles


Joined: 11 Nov 2014
Posts: 1772
Location: memphis
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
MemphisEagles wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
DGB was my biggest draft miss in the last 4-5 years. I thought he would become a low end #1 WR/high end #2 WR.

That being said, I think he would have excelled more with Carr or a similar quarterback simply because he can catch fades and run go routes, and there's still time for him to find a team that fits him.

If we weren't so stacked with receivers, I'd love to bring him in on a minimum deal just because why not. We lost Holmes, our redzone big guy and I wouldn't mind bringing in DGB to see if he can do anything to fill that role.


Just because he has height and speed doesn't mean he can do fades and go routes. He can't run routes, he is so bad at highpointing he routinely gets beat on 50 50 balls by guys under six feet, and he is extraordinarily clumsy. Then add in stone hands and poor work ethic, along with no special teams ability, and he is barely worth a practice squad spot.


Haven't all his notable catches/touchdowns been fades in the NFL?


All 6 of them? Laughing

And no, they haven't been. He's got the size and vertical to be elite at them, but I've never seen someone get so easily rerouted by a corner. He has no technique getting off the ball and his body positioning is absolutely atrocious, you'd think he's 5'6 160.


Yeah actually all he really can do is quick slants
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calvert28


Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 21637
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
After the miracle work Saunders did on Pryor, I'd like Cleveland to at least consider him. Our WR core needs something.


It's called a Quarterback. Razz
_________________
GeneralDissaray wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
I don't agree with the pick.Bad teams pick rb's with a top 5 pick.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingshomer


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 2479
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hype this guy got before he ever played in college was unreal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaidersAreOne


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 16832
Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
After the miracle work Saunders did on Pryor, I'd like Cleveland to at least consider him. Our WR core needs something.


Saunders? Al Saunders?

I had no idea this guy was still in the league! I guess he followed Hue to Cle since they worked together in Oakland before JDR iirc.
_________________

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Rob


Joined: 24 Sep 2011
Posts: 3590
Location: Long Beach, Ca
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The joke is DGB adamently refuses to play WR Reply with quote

Crickett wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
After the miracle work Saunders did on Pryor, I'd like Cleveland to at least consider him. Our WR core needs something.


I could see that. They took a guy who adamantly refused to play wide receiver and made him a decent #1 option at the position. If they did that once, they can do it again. Laughing


Pryor wanted to get better and worked at his craft, don't see DGB doing the same.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group