You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings will not pick up Peterson's option for 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting a little statistical closure on Peterson's career.

Vikings career rushing yardage leaders
1. Adrian Peterson (2007-16) 11,747
2. Robert Smith (1993-2000) 6,818
3. Chuck Foreman (1973-79) 5,887
4. Bill Brown (1962-1974) 5,757
5. Ted Brown (1979-1986) 4,546

Vikings career rushing touchdown leaders
1. Adrian Peterson (2007-16) 97
t2. Chuck Foreman (1973-79) 52
t2. Bill Brown (1962-1974) 52
4. Ted Brown (1979-1986) 40
5. Robert Smith (1993-2000) 32

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew Brees: "He is a stud. He looks the part. It has been impressive. Obviously, you admired the guy from afar. I have played in a few Pro Bowls with him, so I do have a little bit of that experience. There is something about handing the ball off to that guy and watching him run through the hole and take on anybody who tries to tackle him. Obviously, we are not in pads right now, but you are just imagining what it is going to be like. So, I am excited for that time to come.

Any time you can get him in space against a smaller DB, look out. Good luck tackling that guy in the open field. I feel like all of our backs are doing a really good job right now. Our offense is conducive to that. We do a lot with our backs. I think he is going to be able to do some stuff in this offense that maybe he has not done over the course of his career, just because we require some versatility from that position.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/01/drew-brees-on-adrian-peterson-he-is-a-stud/

Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean Payton: Hed be the one guy that you would says already gone against conventional wisdom. With not only his skill set, but also his physical ability and the way he trains, I think he is excited to get back.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/04/sean-payton-adrian-petersons-aging-defies-conventional-wisdom/

anyone getting the sense the Saints feel they have to bolster Peterson's ego by these innocuous yet butt kissing statements they keep making?

Vikes_Bolts1228

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Sean Payton: Hed be the one guy that you would says already gone against conventional wisdom. With not only his skill set, but also his physical ability and the way he trains, I think he is excited to get back.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/04/sean-payton-adrian-petersons-aging-defies-conventional-wisdom/

anyone getting the sense the Saints feel they have to bolster Peterson's ego by these innocuous yet butt kissing statements they keep making?

What are they supposed to say? It's not like Payton watched Peterson practice and was so impressed by him that he sprinted into his office and called NBC just to make that quote. He's getting asked about Peterson and of course he's going to hype him up.

We heard it here year after year from the Vikings brass especially after injury seasons on how hard he's working, how he looks better than ever, how he's chomping at the bit to get back, etc.
Purplexing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peterson?
Peterson?
Peterson?

That name seems familiar for some reason.

Give me a minute,... I know this... I know it from somewhere, someplace...

Oh, wait!...

[/img]
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikes_Bolts1228 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

What are they supposed to say? It's not like Payton watched Peterson practice and was so impressed by him that he sprinted into his office and called NBC just to make that quote. He's getting asked about Peterson and of course he's going to hype him up.

We heard it here year after year from the Vikings brass especially after injury seasons on how hard he's working, how he looks better than ever, how he's chomping at the bit to get back, etc.

i suppose so. but then, it could be argued we were propping up his ego too with our similar statements.

as fans, we know so little as to what really goes on behind the scenes.

Worm Guts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

I just get the impression they're super impressed by his physical ability. There's no real reason they should feel the need to kiss his butt at this point of his career. Everyone on the Saints seems think he's still a physical specimen and I don't know if that should be surprising.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm Guts wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

I just get the impression they're super impressed by his physical ability. There's no real reason they should feel the need to kiss his butt at this point of his career. Everyone on the Saints seems think he's still a physical specimen and I don't know if that should be surprising.

I'm pretty sure every coach props ups all of their players.

i don't read much into it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

I'm pretty sure every coach props ups all of their players.

i don't read much into it.

They do, although some of the comments I've seen from Saints players have seemed more enthusiastic than the standard nice things you say about teammates because you have to.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The list of NFL running backs with more than 1,000 career carries who have averaged more than 4.85 yards a carry is a short one: It consists of two all-time greats, Jim Brown and Barry Sanders, and two active players who are at risk of falling off the list, Jamaal Charles and Adrian Peterson.

At the moment, this is the yards per carry leaderboard in NFL history, minimum 1,000 rushing attempts:

5.45: Jamaal Charles
5.22: Jim Brown
4.99: Barry Sanders
4.86: Adrian Peterson

Brown and Sanders retired with such high averages in part because they retired on top: Brown walked away after his age-29 season and Sanders quit after his age-30 season. Running backs who dont stick around for their inevitable decline in their 30s end up with higher career averages.

That means theyre putting their places on the career yards-per-carry list in jeopardy. If Charles were to finish this season with 200 carries for 700 yards, it would drop his career average to 5.19 yards per carry, and hed fall behind Brown on the all-time yards per carry list. If Peterson carries 200 times for 700 yards, his career average will drop to 4.75, behind Lenny Moore, Robert Smith and Joe Perry.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/07/jamaal-charles-adrian-peterson-in-top-4-yards-per-carry-for-now/

VikeManDan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish AD nothing but the best of luck, except week 1 Twisted Evil

"My purpose will not be denied."
- Teddy Bridgewater 9/1/16

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: