Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2018 Mock Draft 2 Rounds (one trade)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A LT of the future to work with Whitworth for a year or two is a very real possibility and he's as good as anybody of the options at the moment. As for the second pick an OLB is a possiblity. Quinn is expensive and injury prone and Barwin is signed for one year. Though we have in the last couple years added a lot of young talent behind them. OLB is a possibility. Another real possibility in the 2nd is CB. TruJo hasn't been signed long term yet and EJ Gaines, LaMarcus Joyner (who's our FS now) and Nikkel Robey-Coleman are all free agents after the season. Some could be signed but you're talking 3 of our top 4 CB free agents after this season making CB another possible high priority.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeManDan wrote:
I appreciate the effort this early but double dipping on DL seems unlikely. I think the Vikings, if possible, will look to land an OT of the future. So OT/DL in any order would be better for Vikings roster IMO.

Even with Robison retiring soon, it wouldn't make much sense with Griffen and Hunter securing both ends. Maybe a mid round developmental pick would be a good pick.

Don't like going DT early either.

OT and QB may be big needs for us next year. the defensive line should be totally OK I think.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zappa13004 wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
So, the Browns traded Pick 4, Pick 8, and Pick 36 to move up to #1? YIKES. That's basically the opposite of their Moneyball approach and I don't see their FO doing a trade like this, even though they still have a lot of ammunition with the 2 1sts and 3 2nds next year.

If Darnold is the real deal, I wouldn't love the trade but I'd certainly live with it.

JMHO
An Fo can do it one way but it doesn't mean they'll always do that way. Sure we have to wait on Kizer but if they think Darnold is the guy and as they won't have the #1 next year, i think thay can trade some (and still have picks to use).

4 8 and 36 isn't some. That's an enormous trade. This from a team that firmly believes that the draft is largely about luck therefore more picks are always preferred. IMO this trade stinks and has no chance of being done.

Not that the trade value part is the bible, this trade is a late 1st round overpay. Not everyone is as stupid as the Bears.

Vince Lombardi
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the positions addressed by the Jets. I still think Darnold will be the #1 pick if the Jets have it and he declares. Which I cant see a guy slated to be the #1 pick and going to a big market not declaring.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. We need depth/potential starters in our secondary.
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
So, the Browns traded Pick 4, Pick 8, and Pick 36 to move up to #1? YIKES. That's basically the opposite of their Moneyball approach and I don't see their FO doing a trade like this, even though they still have a lot of ammunition with the 2 1sts and 3 2nds next year.

If Darnold is the real deal, I wouldn't love the trade but I'd certainly live with it.

JMHO

I was on the same page with you. That flies in the face everything that Sashi and company are doing.

'14 1st Ballot Recipient of Joe Blackburn Award... A team is built thru the draft. NASA Glenn, we have ignition in Berea.
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucketheadsdad wrote:
MWil23 wrote:

JMHO

I was on the same page with you. That flies in the face everything that Sashi and company are doing.

I'm just gonna go ahead and call shenanigans. While it's true that Sashi & Co. may do whatever they see fit (they don't have to always be pure moneyball in every trade), I just do not see them giving up arguably one of the top five biggest trade-ups in HISTORY: http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/201694/the-five-biggest-draft-trades-in-nfl-history

I just don't see the Browns wanting to be on that list. Darnold DOES look good, but I see it as highly unlikely. Now I could see #4, #36, #70 and 2018 #1 if they believe Darnold is P. Manning, which is still steep. Too many have been burned by this type of trade.

ditchdigger wrote:
Difference is DGB thinks people ought to pay for photobucket, but Based Gordon wants it to be free.
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#4, #8, AND another top 36 pick for #1? Nah. Not this FO, even with the QB hype train going full speed. I could maybe see giving up #4 and #8 (though I doubt it), but not all three. You can argue whether it's fair value (it's not, usually you have to give a ton of picks because they're future, not a PAIR of current top eight picks), but it's just not this FO's modus operandi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: