You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How to fix the defense
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple Faithful wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
Purple Faithful wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:

I'd be shocked if he isn't still on the board in round 5. Better chance of him in round 6 than in round 4.
hope so. My idea is a late round flyer. Be a fit in a 3-4, maybe k.c. awesome you are a gopher wrestler. I'll be calling you sir and trying never to disagree

Rolling Eyes
sorry for disagreeing.
Dave Dean taught me chess is the game for me 😂

I mean I would be worried about Gabe, but I'm not afraid of an Michigan State feller Wink

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are five reasons why the defense was so effective in 2016:

1. Danielle Hunter’s 12.5 sacks in 2016 pushed his two-year total to 18.5, which is the second-most for any second-year player behind Atlanta’s Vic Beasley (19.5).

2. Griffen (8.0) and Brian Robison (7.5), along with Hunter, made the Vikings the only team in the NFL to have three players with 7.0 or more sacks in 2016 and helped the defensive line total 34 sacks, which ranked second in the NFL behind 36 by Carolina.

3. Joseph became the fifth Vikings defensive tackle to record at least 100 tackles (coaches’ tally) and 4.0 sacks in a season.

4. Linebacker Eric Kendricks became the second Vikings player, joining cornerback Antoine Winfield, as the only players to record at least 10 tackles for loss and 10 passes defended in a season. Kendricks had 10 tackles for loss and 11 passes defended, along with a 77-yard interception return for a touchdown and a team-best 126 tackles (coaches’ tally) in 2016.

5. Rhodes posted a career-best five interceptions, including a 100-yard interception for a touchdown against Arizona, and helped Minnesota rank third in passing yards allowed per game (207.9).

There are also areas where the Vikings can improve. Here are two:

1. Rushing yards allowed per game — The Vikings ranked 20th in the category last season, allowing 106.9 yards per game to opponents.

2. Goal-to- go percentage of opponents — Minnesota was last in the league in this stat category, with opponents capitalizing on a goal-to-go situation 90.9 percent of the time. Of the 32 touchdowns allowed by Minnesota, 21 were from 10 or fewer yards out.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/5-Points-of-Pride-for-Vikings-Defense-2-Areas-to-Target/02539a8b-e417-46ee-8ac0-bfa83f9fbfcb

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: