You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 OTA'S AND TRAINING CAMP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
We all know that Lynch needs to progress if he wants to be the starter, but I never read anything about Siemian needing to improve. If he plays at a similar rate as he did last year I would fully support letting the more talented Lynch start and take his lumps throughout the season.

Contrary to what many Broncos fans (not meaning members on here) think Trevor Siemian was not a good QB last year. He was actually pretty terrible and one of the bottom 5 starting QBs in the NFL. He had some flashes, for me personally I was very impressed with his toughness and his ability to create with defenders all over him. His ability to change his arm slot to complete passes is exceptional. He isn't as physically gifted, but his game reminds me a bit of Tony Romos. However, he was severely limited on longer developing plays. Poor decision making and inaccurate or late getting the ball downfield. All of those are correctable issues, but for him to win the job those are areas that need improved upon. Siemian's inability to do anything in the intermediate/deep passing zones severely limited Denver offensively last season.

Siemian is capable of improving in those areas, but again, if he doesn't I would fully support moving forward with Lynch and giving him a year (similar to Siemian's last season) thrown in the fire to see what he has.

personally germ-x I'd be quite happy if he picked up where he left off prior to his injury in game 4. He was improving weekly and put together quite a gem in his 3rd start in Detroit and had a 141 qb rating before he was injured against TB.

Not a bad place to build from.

He wasn't the same guy the rest of the season.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
Siemian's inability to do anything in the intermediate/deep passing zones severely limited Denver offensively last season.

While we really cannot know for sure what the offense is going to be like, a quick look at the offenses which McCoy has been involved with - Carolina (2000-2008), Denver (with Mac 2009-10, with Tebow 2011) and San Diego (2012-2016) you don't see offenses that do a lot of deep or even intermediate passing. The offenses are very dink-and-dunk and throw a ton of screens to WRs and RBs. Now, that might change with Musgrave's influence (who regularly stretched the field in Oakland with big-armed Derek Carr and played for two years under Mike Shanahan as Elway's backup), but if Siemian wins the job we might not have to worry too much about his ability, maybe better said inability, to throw deep. This also impacts Lynch, whose big arm is one of his strengths as a player, but he might cast into an offense that doesn't throw the ball more than 10 yards downfield with any regularity.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
I also think paxton lynch is being way under sold because he lost out to a 7th rounder. And you fans see what Prescott did so they assumed hes already a bust.

Dak Prescott might be the most over-rated player in the NFL. He ran a very, very simple offense where he was asked not to make mistakes, had one or at most two reads on each passing play, was behind the best OL in the NFL on an offense that was largely carried, no pun intended, but the real rookie of the year in Zeke Elliot.

bhslinebacker wrote:
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
thebestever6 wrote:
I also think paxton lynch is being way under sold because he lost out to a 7th rounder. And you fans see what Prescott did so they assumed hes already a bust.

Dak Prescott might be the most over-rated player in the NFL. He ran a very, very simple offense where he was asked not to make mistakes, had one or at most two reads on each passing play, was behind the best OL in the NFL on an offense that was largely carried, no pun intended, but the real rookie of the year in Zeke Elliot.

This is true. He didn't have to do much other than take two steps back from under center to hand the ball off to Elliot. Alas, I was shocked at how well Dak led that team. I think the intangibles made him relevant in the Cowboys having the year they had. It will be interesting to see how he progresses this seasons. The Cowboys are like the stock market, they are up and down from season to season.

But, I am not sure anyone expected Lynch to take over and become the starter last year. I also don't understand why we need to think that a rookie QB needs to come in an play right away. I remember the days when a rookie QB sat behind a veteran, because being QB in the NFL is not easy.

The Broncos are unique though, in that Siemien wasn't there just to give the position over to Lynch. Which puts Lynch in such a great position where he has to go earn it. If he does, he will be the Broncos' QB for a long-time. If cannot unseat Siemien, he will be a bust, but not in due time.
grizmo78

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
thebestever6 wrote:

This is true. He didn't have to do much other than take two steps back from under center to hand the ball off to Elliot. Alas, I was shocked at how well Dak led that team. I think the intangibles made him relevant in the Cowboys having the year they had. It will be interesting to see how he progresses this seasons. The Cowboys are like the stock market, they are up and down from season to season.

But, I am not sure anyone expected Lynch to take over and become the starter last year. I also don't understand why we need to think that a rookie QB needs to come in an play right away. I remember the days when a rookie QB sat behind a veteran, because being QB in the NFL is not easy.

The Broncos are unique though, in that Siemien wasn't there just to give the position over to Lynch. Which puts Lynch in such a great position where he has to go earn it. If he does, he will be the Broncos' QB for a long-time. If cannot unseat Siemien, he will be a bust, but not in due time.

I agree 100% that rookie qb's should sit, unless they are on the level of Luck or even Winston. Lynch was a big project from the get go but who possessed everything from a physical standpoint that you could want. I personally don't view this as a make or break year for him just yet due to the rawness we expected. I would love for him to show big strides and compete hard for the starting spot, but if he doesn't win it this year I'm not concerned yet. Next year is his year imo where he hits the crossroad of becoming starter or edging towards bust status.

Siemien is no slouch though and is being underrated much like how Cousins was early on. People saying he doesn't possess enough tools to be more than a mid level starter. Now Cousins is being considered a franchise QB. I'm excited to see him healthy and the progress he made in only his second year in the league and first starting. People expecting him to be the same as last year are going to be surprised by his improvement this year imo. I can't wait for training camp and preseason! Exciting time.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're just 25 days from the start of training camp and got some good news today. Mike Klis is reporting that Matt Paradis has been medically cleared to return to football activity.

Quote:
After missing the offseason to recover from surgeries on each hip, Denver Broncos center Matt Paradis has been medically cleared and is expected to participate in most on-field activity when training camp commences later this month.

bhslinebacker wrote:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: