You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kyle fuller

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Kyle fuller Reply with quote

Happy 4th to you all. As we get close to training camp & good ole football, I wanted y'all opinion, why cause it's boring this offseason 😫😂😂.
Alright as some of you may know Kyle fuller is on the roster bubble in Chicago.
After a promising rookie season in which PFF graded him 38 he struggled & had an up & down sophomore season in which he was graded 78. He didn't play his 3rd season due to a knee surgery, & he fell out of favor in Chicago because coaches felt he wasn't trying to give it his all to return to the field.
Anyhow I love this kid, I think he can do wonders & excel in our defensive scheme. As you know his brother Vincent was once a titan but back to my point.
In a pass happy league you could never have to many cover corners & I honestly can't say outside of Logan Ryan we have many.
My opinion fuller skill set always reminded me of 2 players Antoine Winfield & Ty law. He's 5'11 1/2 pushing 6'ft & is great at playing zone, disrupting routes at the line of scrimmage, supporting the run & man to man defense.
His struggles are playing off & reading routes while sitting.
However in our scheme we play a lot of press zone cover 3 & a lil man depending on matchups.
Adding fuller allows us to use adoree more as a chest piece. We could move adoree to slot/ safety how Denver uses Bradley roby, & Arizona uses honey badger.
It's all about adapting your system to your personnel, how NE do.
& using your personnel in matchups. Matchups that puts the player in position to make plays.
Fuller in my opinion allows us to have interchangeable safeties that can cover so much ground in Byard,adoree, & cyprien 🤔
Just my thoughts 💭 I'm bored
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-kyle-fuller-on-roster-bubble-entering-bears-training-camp/
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sims is going to be a lot better this year. Him and Ryan should be a solid duo. And I'd like Jackson to get as many snaps as he can this year.

So MEH.. I guess if he gets cut I wouldn't mind it if he's coming in to be the 4th guy to replace Brice.

Adopt a Titan:
Jurrell Casey
Tajae Sharpe
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look at him like he'll be the Eric decker signing to our defense.
By us signing decker we can let the game come to our rookies in Davis & Taylor.
If we could get fuller, we could cut McCain & move Ryan around how NE used him. Put him on big receivers & in the slot.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuller isn't good. Too small, gets abused...his saving grace is his tackling abilities but the guy's just not a good corner. Big miss by the Bears - should've drafted HaHa.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very hard pass. We don't need more trash CBs.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's not saying much... but McCain was probably the best and most consistent CB on the roster last year. That might not be saying much, but why rush to cut him when we have so little proven talent at the position outside Ryan.

I wouldn't be against bringing Fuller in... but it'd probably be at the expense of someone like Reed/Smith/Hurst... whoever ends up winning that 5th (or 6th) CB slot... although it'd be an competition for that 5th/6th spot... not guaranteed to make the roster.

Comparing Fuller to Decker is pretty ridiculous though. One is a guy who had high expectations and has yet to develop at this level. The other is an established veteran who has experienced significant success, and prior to his injury-riddled season last year was considered one of the better slot and red zone guys in the entire league. The signings are not in any way/shape/form the same.

Signing Revis or Shields would be more similar to the Decker signing... a proven veteran who should come in here and play significant snaps, but who are risky due to a an injury-plagued season, and the potential of lingering issues. Signing Fuller would be more akin to bringing back DGB... younger guys with potential that just hasn't translated at this level...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: