You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

6er thread: V5 Welcome Markelle Fultz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phillybul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

utley4568 wrote:
phillybul wrote:
Iggles wrote:
Last thing to make this a successful offseason is getting Covington on a frontloaded extension. We have space right now to give Covington a truckload of cash in exchange for future flexibility, a deal that would work well for all parties. If we can get it done, it's gonna be a terrific 2017 offseason.

That's actually a good idea to frontload his extension. What are you thinking in terms of contract worth? I just read he can't be extended until Nov 15 per CBA rules.

He can, but the max for that deal is 4/39.

But I'd imagine it gets front-loaded. Something like 17M this year and then somewhere around 12-13 for the last four years, declining each year.

So how much are you thinking he would want in terms of an extension?
Knowledge

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillybul wrote:
Knowledge wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Amir Johnson adds some depth to the front court and Reddick gives us the shooter we've needed for some time. Probably the best shooter we've had since Korver.

Fultz/Bayless/McConnell
Reddick/Korkmaz/Stauskas
Covington/Luwawu-Cabarot/Anderson
Simmons/Saric/Johnson
Embiid/Holmes

Trade Okafor for a box of donuts at this point.

Hate to break it to ya but Simmons is playing Point Guard

Doesn't make much sense lineup wise. You play Simmons at PG and who at 4? Dario? That's a very limited shooting lineup and defeats the purpose of bringing in JJ to come off the bench. The lineup posted is perfect for so many reasons. You have shooting, you have two ball handlers (Ben/Fultz) you take advantage of Ben ability to rebound and mismatch, Fultz and Ben/Embiid pick n roll for days. Ben can set screen and if he receives pass can find the open man/make the right play. With shooters on the court at that. Dario best suited to be your 6th man/glue guy. Good for the second unit. After Bryan last press conference the idea of Ben at PG doesn't seem as likely as before. But we will see.

I dont disagree at all. Im just going off of what coach and Ben himself have said

Ben is adamant he will be the PG so until we see otherwise thats where im at with it
utley4568

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowledge wrote:
phillybul wrote:
Knowledge wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Amir Johnson adds some depth to the front court and Reddick gives us the shooter we've needed for some time. Probably the best shooter we've had since Korver.

Fultz/Bayless/McConnell
Reddick/Korkmaz/Stauskas
Simmons/Saric/Johnson
Embiid/Holmes

Doesn't make much sense lineup wise. You play Simmons at PG and who at 4? Dario? That's a very limited shooting lineup and defeats the purpose of bringing in JJ to come off the bench. The lineup posted is perfect for so many reasons. You have shooting, you have two ball handlers (Ben/Fultz) you take advantage of Ben ability to rebound and mismatch, Fultz and Ben/Embiid pick n roll for days. Ben can set screen and if he receives pass can find the open man/make the right play. With shooters on the court at that. Dario best suited to be your 6th man/glue guy. Good for the second unit. After Bryan last press conference the idea of Ben at PG doesn't seem as likely as before. But we will see.

I dont disagree at all. Im just going off of what coach and Ben himself have said

Ben is adamant he will be the PG so until we see otherwise thats where im at with it

If you're going with what Brown said, Simmons won't be guarding ones. He even said he's going to guard whoever guards him, and Colangelo just calls him the primary ball handler.

FF Big Brother Season 4 Winner
utley4568

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillybul wrote:
utley4568 wrote:
phillybul wrote:
Iggles wrote:
Last thing to make this a successful offseason is getting Covington on a frontloaded extension. We have space right now to give Covington a truckload of cash in exchange for future flexibility, a deal that would work well for all parties. If we can get it done, it's gonna be a terrific 2017 offseason.

That's actually a good idea to frontload his extension. What are you thinking in terms of contract worth? I just read he can't be extended until Nov 15 per CBA rules.

But I'd imagine it gets front-loaded. Something like 17M this year and then somewhere around 12-13 for the last four years, declining each year.

Would come out to 4/46 on the extension

TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

utley4568 wrote:
phillybul wrote:
Iggles wrote:

It would be impossible to frontload a contract like that.

There is a limit on how much teams can increase or decrease a players salary year to year.

I believe its 8% if have the bird rights its 8% and 5% if you don't.

So, if the first year of the deal is 17 million, then you can only decrease the base salary by 1.36 million with bird rights and 850k without bird rights.

I don't know which you guys qualify for, but either way you can't change the base salary that much year to year. It isn't like the NFL.
phillybul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

utley4568 wrote:
phillybul wrote:
utley4568 wrote:
phillybul wrote:
Iggles wrote:

He's not signing that. You're off quite a few million lol
jfinley88

Location: fin-land Metaphysical & Eternal EveryoneLoveEveryone
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

utley4568 wrote:
Knowledge wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
utley4568 wrote:
Knowledge wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:

Fultz/Bayless/McConnell
Reddick/Korkmaz/Stauskas
Simmons/Saric/Johnson
Embiid/Holmes

He's not guarding ones.

Bing...

O

Tell Ben that. He just corrected someone on Twitter not posting the lineup with him at PG

Offensively he's going to be the primary ball handler. I'd bet my life that he doesn't guard ones full time. He's going to be on threes and fours, most likely fours.

read that as id bet my wife & lol'd

yeah just cause someone's the primary ball handler in sets doesn't mean they're playing PG lol. you are what you defend for the most part.
utley4568

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
utley4568 wrote:
phillybul wrote:
Iggles wrote:

There is a limit on how much teams can increase or decrease a players salary year to year.

So, if the first year of the deal is 17 million, then you can only decrease the base salary by 1.36 million with bird rights and 850k without bird rights.

I don't know which you guys qualify for, but either way you can't change the base salary that much year to year. It isn't like the NFL.

If you renegotiate and extend someone, you can go as low as 40% below the renegotiation year.

utley4568

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillybul wrote:
utley4568 wrote:
phillybul wrote:
utley4568 wrote:
phillybul wrote:
Iggles wrote:

He's not signing that. You're off quite a few million lol

Not with the renegotiation. It's essentially giving him 4/63, but putting as much as the Sixers can into the renegotiation year.

TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

utley4568 wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
utley4568 wrote:
phillybul wrote:
Iggles wrote:

If you renegotiate and extend someone, you can go as low as 40% below the renegotiation year.

That's interesting. How often is that done?

Also, the year it goes down as much as 40% has to be the first year of the extension, right?
utley4568

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
utley4568 wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
utley4568 wrote:
phillybul wrote:
Iggles wrote:

Also, the year it goes down as much as 40% has to be the first year of the extension, right?

Correct, and then the max is 8%.

I believe it's rare because of Covington's circumstances.

TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

utley4568 wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
utley4568 wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
utley4568 wrote:
phillybul wrote:
Iggles wrote:

Correct, and then the max is 8%.

I believe it's rare because of Covington's circumstances.

Well, that would be pretty good for you then I would think.

BTW isn't it time to start a new thread?
utley4568

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done. http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589045

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101
Page 101 of 101

Jump to: