You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trevor Siemian Expecatios In 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:
well he'd probably be the best QB we could put out there next year, but he's obviously at his ceiling and we have two young QBs we like. but yeah I mean the fact that he isn't signed is laughable.

Ya, he definitely should be signed but he never was that great of a QB. He is basically a one-read-and-run type, which means he would need to find a job as a backup to a team with a similar starting QB. You don't sign Colin if you run a pocket passing offense. He would be a decent fit in a Shanny type offense with a lot of play-action rollouts but that simply isn't too prevalent in the NFL these days.

His anthem stuff is absolutely not reason enough to pass him over, but his QB limitations are totally legit. I easily would take Trevor over him and hope that he continues to develop. Colin is nearly 30 and when his body ages, and he loses the threat of long-striding one to the house, he will be a huge liability.

The problem is, he's not being passed over because of his limitations. He's being passed over for a totally non-violent stance he took on an issue compounded by the ignorance of the average football fan.

You will never convince me that Austin Davis and especially Blaine Gabbert are better options than Kaep. They just aren't, plain and simple.

Thanks, Tzimisce
champ11

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:
well he'd probably be the best QB we could put out there next year, but he's obviously at his ceiling and we have two young QBs we like. but yeah I mean the fact that he isn't signed is laughable.

Ya, he definitely should be signed but he never was that great of a QB. He is basically a one-read-and-run type, which means he would need to find a job as a backup to a team with a similar starting QB. You don't sign Colin if you run a pocket passing offense. He would be a decent fit in a Shanny type offense with a lot of play-action rollouts but that simply isn't too prevalent in the NFL these days.

His anthem stuff is absolutely not reason enough to pass him over, but his QB limitations are totally legit. I easily would take Trevor over him and hope that he continues to develop. Colin is nearly 30 and when his body ages, and he loses the threat of long-striding one to the house, he will be a huge liability.

The problem is, he's not being passed over because of his limitations. He's being passed over for a totally non-violent stance he took on an issue compounded by the ignorance of the average football fan.

You will never convince me that Austin Davis and especially Blaine Gabbert are better options than Kaep. They just aren't, plain and simple.

His stats last year were pretty damn impressive on one of the least talented teams in the NFL.

team rammy

Broncofan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ11 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

His stats last year were pretty damn impressive on one of the least talented teams in the NFL.

To be fair some teams may be avoiding him on fit for their scheme. With advanced metrics, Kaepernick's 16/4 TD/INT ratio looks like a huge mirage. Game script opponent D all factor in - and when they do, he drops all the way to 30th in QBR and DYAR/DVOA. He was smart enough to not force balls for picks, but he missed a ton of throws on his own (or worse, didn't see the right read) too many times - which is why the DYAR/DVOA scores went way down.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

Without advanced metrics, the eye test still says he's terrible at D recognition, and his anticipation and placement are way below average. Barring an injury to Siemian, I don't think 2015-16 Kaep would be a fit for us over Siemian any day of the week. Lynch offers the potential to grow, even if it takes another year. Kaep is pretty much who he is now.

Now, there's no way Kaep shouldn't have a job as a backup (and SEA avoiding him for Austin Davis is really telling, because I'd say BUF, CAR & SEA are the 3 teams O schemes that rely on mobile QB's the most). But I think his days as a plan A starting QB are probably done. It's his complete unemployment that's impossible to argue is based more for off-the-field reasons than on-the-field ones IMO.

P.S. The other part that's missing in the equation is that some teams are clearly gunning for 2018's draft QB class. So they will take even worse options to try and finish in a higher draft spot. NY, CLE & SF are 3 prime examples.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

I think you're right. If I were an owner I'd definitely not want the headache.

Just a thought, but I think if I wanted to take a stance on an issue, make a point and win over the population I'd find another way. I doubt that kneeling during the national anthem wins over too many football fans.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the Tim Tebow effect yea he is talented so was Tebow, but they both are raw to the point where the odds of them ever being franchise qbs were slim to none.

And the circus wasn't worth the roster spot. I look at what the Raiders had last post season you can't tell me Tebow wouldn't of put out a better product then they did in the playoffs.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's the Tim Tebow effect yea he is talented so was Tebow, but they both are raw to the point where the odds of them ever being franchise qbs were slim to none.

Kaep is far, far, far more talented than Tebow. And that statement about being raw is telling, because I would put Lynch as about as raw, or more raw, than Kaep coming out.

Tebow isn't worth discussing because he was beyond raw. His throwing motion was unfixable and when that became evident, his career rightful ended.

Quote:
And the circus wasn't worth the roster spot. I look at what the Raiders had last post season you can't tell me Tebow wouldn't of put out a better product then they did in the playoffs.

The Tebow circus is different. His supporters were more of a problem than his detractors.

I am not a big fan of 'oaths' of any kind and find it funny that a nation that covets freedom, ostensibly freedom of expression, would put abiding by tradition over exercising the aforementioned freedom and make such a big deal out of someone simply taking a knee. I wouldn't want Kap on this team because he is a poor QB outside one-look-and-run type offenses.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:

Tim Tebow hasn't played football in several years and is currently playing for the Mets. He's completely irrelevant in football these days and I can't for the life of me figure out why he's still being brought up.

Thanks, Tzimisce

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: