Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders / Carr Finalizing $25m per year Deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah and there will be other contract extensions for qb's that will cover the 2020/2021 seasons... like aaron rodgers. also young pups like winston/mariota

while its true the extension added 5 years and 125 million, its a tad misleading in that the 125 million is spread across 6 seasons, and not just the 5 new seasons
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Raider wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
Kirk Cousins is probably ecstatic about this. The Skins shoulda gave him a deal before this and now Cousins camp will point to this deal to begin negotiations.

I'm sure he isn't unhappy about it lol. But Carr's deal isn't much more than Lucks who was signed last year and contracts go up every year. So this didn't do anything earth shattering in terms of what Cousins is likely to ask for. Though Stafford has the chance to raise the bar even more.

Cousins stands to make the most money Imo by not signing this year imo. It's gotten to the point now where I understand players want the long term security a long term deal gives you, but he's already been franchised twice, that's not bad money, and if they do it again that's 30+ million for the year. A lot of guys take the long term deal to avoid the tag at all, once you've been tagged twice I think it makes more sense to try and get to the open market. Cousins isn't elite, but he's very good, and QBS his caliber don't make it to the open market very often at all. If he waits it out and continues to bet on himself and win, he's going to see absurd offers from a QB needy team. The way his career has gone starting later and then being tagged, he probably already lost the chance at 2 huge contracts, so it might be in his best interest to make the big money the tag offers him and get to free agency and sign the biggest deal he could get. Whereas if he took a contract he didn't see as fair value before being tagged at all there's a chance he could have gotten another contract in a couple of years, but likely wouldn't have made as much.

As long as Cousins doesn't get hurt I think he can get some team to give him almost 30m per. It's going to be ridiculous and go down as the worst FA signing since Haynesworth.

Saw the big deal about his tattoos here so I looked it up and there is a video of Carr explaining the meaning to them. The dude has pretty eyes to go with that fat bank account now.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
Mr Raider wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Gmen wrote:
Both Derek and David seem like good dudes. As he said in an interview, that money is going to help a lot of people not just him.

Yeah, I speak for a lot of people when I say that I'm happy he can finally afford to get rid of those tattoos now.
Those are the absolute worst. I lost a lot of respect for him when I saw those.

Do you lose respect for everyone with a religious view? I'm not a religious man at all, but the last thing I'd lose respect for someone over is a religious view/tattoo.
It's a tacky, terrible tattoo. Has nothing to do with his religious views.

Yeah, it does. So please stop talking about the Raiders. You're embarrassing yourself. Then again, what else should I expect from a 13 year old on a forum?

Btw, the tattoo stands for Christ.
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Then again, what else should I expect from a 13 year old on a forum?

sickest burn tbh
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Mr Raider wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Gmen wrote:
Both Derek and David seem like good dudes. As he said in an interview, that money is going to help a lot of people not just him.

Yeah, I speak for a lot of people when I say that I'm happy he can finally afford to get rid of those tattoos now.

Do you lose respect for everyone with a religious view? I'm not a religious man at all, but the last thing I'd lose respect for someone over is a religious view/tattoo.

Yeah, it does. So please stop talking about the Raiders. You're embarrassing yourself. Then again, what else should I expect from a 13 year old on a forum?

FWIW, I think he's saying his dislike of the tattoo has nothing to do with religious views, not that the tattoo itself has nothing to do with religious views.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Mr Raider wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Gmen wrote:

I'm a man, I'm 40!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Mr Raider wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Gmen wrote:

FWIW, I think he's saying his dislike of the tattoo has nothing to do with religious views, not that the tattoo itself has nothing to do with religious views.
Thank you. Your reading comprehension is great, unlike the other dude.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 40 year old man that whines about a man of faith that has a tattoo that represents Christ- Maybe you don't like his tat, maybe he don't like your face-
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensitivity levels are off the charts

i dont care enough about it (hence no comments till this post)... but if somebody thinks a tattoo looks stupid, the meaning off the tattoo is absolutely IMMATERIAL to that point
BLick12

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the original poster and orchestrator of this whole thing, that has spanned the last 2 pages, I have to say that I had no idea what they meant and if it wasn't obvious enough, my comment was completely in jest. Carry on with the outrage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: