You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The University of Michigan Basketball Thread: (3-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1King

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michigan picks up a commit from 2017 4* MI F Isaiah Livers. Had offers from MSU, Cal, Butler and others. Top 100/borderline top 100 guy depending on site.

Forgot to post earlier this summer, when Michigan picked up 2017 4* PA PG Eli Brooks over offers from Villanova, NC State, Kansas State and others.

They join 4* WI G Jordan Poole in the class. Believe there is at least 1 spot left in the class, maybe 2.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
Michigan picks up a commit from 2017 4* MI F Isaiah Livers. Had offers from MSU, Cal, Butler and others. Top 100/borderline top 100 guy depending on site.

Forgot to post earlier this summer, when Michigan picked up 2017 4* PA PG Eli Brooks over offers from Villanova, NC State, Kansas State and others.

They join 4* WI G Jordan Poole in the class. Believe there is at least 1 spot left in the class, maybe 2.

I think it's one, which assumes that we don't renew Donnal's scholarship. If we do, then we're full, but it seems like Donnal is more likely to be asked to move on as of now.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
1King

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, we're replacing 2 more assistant coaches as Jeff Meyer left to join up with LaVall Jordan @ Butler and Billy Donlon left to join his buddy Chris Collins at Northwestern. Not ideal timing either.

candyman93 wrote:

TEAM STYLISH
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
Welp, we're replacing 2 more assistant coaches as Jeff Meyer left to join up with LaVall Jordan @ Butler and Billy Donlon left to join his buddy Chris Collins at Northwestern. Not ideal timing either.

I would bet they'll have one interior hire (CJ Lee, maybe) and one outside hire. But would love if they could get another defensive mind. I think Meyer was more recruiter than coach, but could be wrong. Donlon handled guards and the defense.

Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
LionsFan01

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
1King wrote:

I would bet they'll have one interior hire (CJ Lee, maybe) and one outside hire. But would love if they could get another defensive mind. I think Meyer was more recruiter than coach, but could be wrong. Donlon handled guards and the defense.

Chris Hunter would be my guess for the guy directly from Beilein's tree. But really hoping we'll see one complete outsider.

Also hearing there could be good news regarding Brandon Johns soon.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan01 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
1King wrote:

Chris Hunter would be my guess for the guy directly from Beilein's tree. But really hoping we'll see one complete outsider.

Hunter would likely be a bigs coach, and that's Saddi's role, so we'll see. Beilein has also gone outside the family for the last 4 assistants he's hired.

Seems like Johns is dropping soon, maybe tomorrow. Probably still living off his early hype a bit, but definitely a more developed talent than Beilein usually gets and a nice pull out of East Lansing. Would guess Nance drops soon too. Hope they wait on offering Hunter Tyson to go all out on Jerome Hunter, who would be an amazing addition and a perfect Beilein fit.

Noah Locke out there too at the 2. Only 6'1, but one of the best shooters in the country and I've seen people say he has a 6'6+ wingspan, which would help.

#JDI
bkobow05

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to see Billy Donlon left for Northwestern.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:

You're telling me. He's everything we could have hoped for, and was a huge reason for Michigan's surge. But he's incredibly close with Collins, is from Chicago, his dad worked at Northwestern and his dad supposedly has some health issues.

This is all OSU's fault. Billy doesn't leave if OSU doesn't start the chain reaction of firing Matta (OSU hires Holtmann -> Butler hires Vall -> Milwaukee hires Baldwin -> Donlon replaces Baldwin at NU)

Bastards, as usual.

#JDI
bkobow05

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:

You're telling me. He's everything we could have hoped for, and was a huge reason for Michigan's surge. But he's incredibly close with Collins, is from Chicago, his dad worked at Northwestern and his dad supposedly has some health issues.

This is all OSU's fault. Billy doesn't leave if OSU doesn't start the chain reaction of firing Matta (OSU hires Holtmann -> Butler hires Vall -> Milwaukee hires Baldwin -> Donlon replaces Baldwin at NU)

Bastards, as usual.
Yeah, I know the situation. My close buddy is best friends with Billy so he filled me in. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
LionsFan01 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
1King wrote:

Hunter would likely be a bigs coach, and that's Saddi's role, so we'll see. Beilein has also gone outside the family for the last 4 assistants he's hired.

Seems like Johns is dropping soon, maybe tomorrow. Probably still living off his early hype a bit, but definitely a more developed talent than Beilein usually gets and a nice pull out of East Lansing. Would guess Nance drops soon too. Hope they wait on offering Hunter Tyson to go all out on Jerome Hunter, who would be an amazing addition and a perfect Beilein fit.

Noah Locke out there too at the 2. Only 6'1, but one of the best shooters in the country and I've seen people say he has a 6'6+ wingspan, which would help.

And Johns is BLUE!

Cool

candyman93 wrote:

TEAM STYLISH
Honalulufan20

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Michigan student, but don't follow the recruiting side of college sports too much, given how hard it is to predict how high school kids will transition from high school to the pros.

It sounds like we have two 4 star recruits and a 3 star coming in. Where does this put us in terms of recruiting class rank? What contributions do you guys expect them to make?

Losing Walton, Irving and DJ Wilson means most of our starting five is going to be replaced. How many of these starting spots do you guys think will be filled by recruits from this year or last year?

I'm a little nervous about our tourney odds this season.

JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honalulufan20 wrote:
I'm a Michigan student, but don't follow the recruiting side of college sports too much, given how hard it is to predict how high school kids will transition from high school to the pros.

It sounds like we have two 4 star recruits and a 3 star coming in. Where does this put us in terms of recruiting class rank? What contributions do you guys expect them to make?

Losing Walton, Irving and DJ Wilson means most of our starting five is going to be replaced. How many of these starting spots do you guys think will be filled by recruits from this year or last year?

It's an okay class. Poole is one of the best shooters in the country, but is going to need to gain strength and learn how to play defense. Livers is athletic, but is going to be thrown into the fire. Brooks probably will redshirt.

I wouldn't really be worried about making the tournament. Wagner should ascend into a star, Jaaron Simmons should be an excellent addition, and Charles Matthews has a world of upside. MAAR will continue to be a steady performer. Biggest question mark is at the 4, so we'll see how Duncan and Livers look early on.

#JDI
1King

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Honalulufan20 wrote:

It's an okay class. Poole is one of the best shooters in the country, but is going to need to gain strength and learn how to play defense. Livers is athletic, but is going to be thrown into the fire. Brooks probably will redshirt.

I wouldn't really be worried about making the tournament. Wagner should ascend into a star, Jaaron Simmons should be an excellent addition, and Charles Matthews has a world of upside. MAAR will continue to be a steady performer. Biggest question mark is at the 4, so we'll see how Duncan and Livers look early on.

Yup, we've got some solid prospects coming in and while 1 or 2 could have an impact at some point in year 1, I'd expect most of the leaving production to be replaced by transfers and other guys getting bigger roles. Simmons is a quality grad transfer from Ohio that will start and allow Simpson to continue to grow as a backup which should hopefully allow Brooks to RS. Matthews is a Kentucky transfer who sat out last year that should help replace Irvin. Wagner could get more minutes at the 4/5 spot, Livers (who as Mr. Basketball in Michigan IIRC) will get some time, but how much will depend on how he can handle it. Might see some more time out of Teske and/or Austin Davis who played sparingly and/or redshirted last year.

Way too early depth chart will probably look like:

PG | Simmons | Simpson
WING/CG | MAAR | Poole
WING | Matthews | Watson
WING/4 | Robinson | Livers
BIG | Wagner | Teske/Davis

Simmons, MAAR, Matthews, Robinson, Wagner, Simpson are your top 6. Add one of Poole/Watson/Livers and Livers/Teske/Davis and that will likely be our 8 man rotation.

Last year's minutes leaders looked like:

G

Walton - 35 MPG
Simpson - 9 MPG

W

Irvin - 35 MPG
MAAR - 31 MPG
Robinson - 20 MPG

B

Wilson - 30 MPG
Wagner - 24 MPG
Donnal - 12 MPG

These are the only 8 guys who played in every game. Using the 8 man rotation I'd expect minutes to look something like:

G

Simmons - 30
Simpson - 20

W

MAAR - 35
Matthews - 30
Robinson - 30

B

Wagner - 30
Teske/Davis - 15

MISC

Teske/Davis/Livers/Poole/Watson - 10

Maybe some slight tweaks here and there, but most of our minutes should be from older guys as all of our starters are RS SO or older, though the bench is young and largely unproven.

candyman93 wrote:

TEAM STYLISH

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59
Page 59 of 59

Jump to: