You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who are your current top ten QBs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Top5Fitz

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Ryan
5. Luck
6. Big Ben
7. Newton
8. Carr
9. Wilson
10. Mariota

LB Haason Reddick, S Budda Baker, WR Chad Williams, OG Dorian Johnson, OT Will Holden, RB/KR TJ Logan, CB/S Rudy Ford

Last edited by Top5Fitz on Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bolts223

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I doing this? Ok I am

1) Brady
2) Rodgers
3) Brees
4) Ryan
5) Ben
6) Wilson
7) Carr
Cool Rivers
9) Luck
10) Stafford
DocHambone

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im the Vicar

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Ryan
4. Big Ben
5. Brees
6. Rivers
7. Wilson
8. Carr
9. Stafford
10. Cam
tannenballs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1A. Rodgers
1B. Brady
3. Ryan
4. Brees
5. Ben
6. Stafford
7. Russell
8. Carr
9. Luck
10. Cam
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Matt Ryan
4. Drew Brees
5. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Russell Wilson
7. Derek Carr
8. Phillip Rivers
9. Andrew Luck
10. Matt Stafford
BayRaider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Matt Ryan
4. Drew Brees
5. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Russell Wilson
7. Derek Carr
8. Phillip Rivers
9. Andrew Luck
10. Matt Stafford

I really like this list except I'd trade Brady for Rodgers. I also want Ryan to prove it another year. Rivers we are all use to is a Top 5 QB but he really needs to reprove that this year. I feel like in a lot of these lists he's living off reputation. But if he has a Rivers season like we're use to, he's better than everyone except the top four with Ben, Wilson, and Carr being arguable.
TheFinisher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Brees
4. Ryan
5. Carr
6. Luck
7. Roethlisberger
8. Wilson
9. Prescott
10. Newton
11. Stafford
12. Rivers
13. Cousins
14. Mariota
15. Winston
Mr Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Factoring in recent seasons to help in projecting forward this year going forward these are my rankings. meaning I'm not letting the legacy of a guy like Rivers (who I've consisntely looked at as at top 5-7 QB cloud my judgement after a down year and my projection of him this upcoming season and beyond.

1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Ryan
4. Carr
5. Big Ben
6. Wilson
7. Brees

8. Stafford
9. Luck
10. Mariota
11. Winston
12. Rivers
13. Cousins
14. Prescott

15. Newton
16. Dalton
17. Smith
18. Tannehill
19. Manning
20. Flacco

21. Palmer
22. Bradford
23. Wentz
24. Taylor
25. Goff

1-7 - I view these guys as the cream of the crop. All pro caliber players.

8-14 - Very talented, pro bowl caliber players right now. With Winston, Mariota, and Prescott they could easily vault into that first tier as soon as next season but their youth makes me want to see a little more progress. Luck could easily be a top 5 QB this time next year.

15-20 - This wasn't on purpose but it ended up being primarily the older group that have had elite seasons, poor seasons, and everything in between seemingly. Age has caught up to them somewhat and in my opinion the arrow is pointing down, though a big game, playoff run, or even season is nowhere near out of the question.

21-25 - This is the mix of young guys I wasn't sure where to rank and older QBS that seem to have questions about what tjeir teams ceiling is with them at the helm. Palmer I'm just not convinced after last season that he has a ton left in the tank.

Some notable rankings I think could garner some questions

Carr over Big Ben - I think Ben is the better QB right now today than Carr as in if I was given one game to play for my life and you had me choose one I would take Ben, but a lot of that is just from experience. But with Ben's injury history, talk of retirement, qnd just how highly I think of DC I have Carr ahead of Ben going forward.

Rivers/Brees - Both of these guys are similar in reasons why I have them lower than the majority of people. Rivers has had some trouble with turnovers lately and hasn't been elite like he once was. Brees has had some INT problems himself though his percentage isn't bad. Simply put I think age is starting to catch up to them and will continue to do so. Both guys are HOFERS and I don't think there's any shame in being a top 12 QB in the NFL at their age. It's projection on my part, but age and some young guns stepping up pushes them down the rsnkings.

Newton - I've never been a huge Cam fan, and while I looked foolish two years ago, that to me seems to be the outlier season in his career. Most years I think we see something closer to last season, his accuracy can be all over the place, he can take too many chances both with his arm and with his legs, and I don't see the consistency with him week to week. His overall playmaking ability still allows him to lead his team to success, but I don't see an elite QB. And I'd take the guys above him going forward to lead my team.

Wentz/Goff - I just don't know what to make of them. Neither guy played great last season, though Wentz showed more flashes early in tje season, I simply don't know what to make of them yet. I didn't evaluate either guy heavily, going off last season they both were bottom tier QBS but I don't think either guy should be written off. I expect both to imorove, I simply don't know how much yet.

Cousins - I wanted to put him higher because I really like his overall game, but I do have some questions with how he will handle loosing two of his main targets. I don't think he's an elite QB but he's a damn good one.

I have to note that I think Watson has the ability to be a top 10 QB in the NFL. But I don't like ranking rookies, specifically rookies that I didn't evaluate heavily. He was my top ranked QB this year and I think he landed in a good situation. But I didn't want to put rookies on the list so they were left out.

The poster formally known as LivingLegendWFC
tannenballs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariota is the most overrated player in the NFL

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: