You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Armstead out 4-6 Months
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:
Mother trucker. Who the hell did we [inappropriate/removed] off.

Ramcyzk (sp?) to LT I guess?

Peat.

People forget Armstead only played in 7 games last year. Peat played LT while Armstead was out.

Peat was also absolutely horrible at LT.

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
SWATcha wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:

Peat.

People forget Armstead only played in 7 games last year. Peat played LT while Armstead was out.

I'd say that's a tad harsh... Peat actually played well down the stretch and appeared to get better as the year went on.

WHODAT91FOREVER
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
SWATcha wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:

Peat.

I'm to the point where I've seen enough... I realize what things are with the Saints these days. Payton and his crew hitched their wagon to a slew of injury prone players in both the draft and free agency. Look at there roster and find one player without significant injury history. Now Fairley and Armstead are out before the season even starts... two of this teams top 8 paid players.

I hate being that guy but this season has disaster written all over it! Peterson has been gaurenteed to have a disappointing year after players and coaches have branded him the camp stud, go back and see how all former "camp studs" have turned out for this team over the last few years.

It is what it is... most of these guys won't be here next season and Payton will finally get that one way ticket out of the big easy that he's quietly been hoping for.

Sure the injury to Armstead sucks, but on the bright side we still on paper have a pretty solid O-Line this season.

As for the Peterson claim. 2 things. He is a Freak of Nature, so him having this hype is totally understandable, and secondly regarding camp studs...Michael Thomas just last season was given praises as looking like one of the best players on offense before the season started, and that seemed to work out alright for us.

I still think this team is much better off this season than it was the past few seasons, and have expectations of a winning record this year.

Here's where we disagree

To each their own I suppose, but we have in my eyes added talent on both sides of the ball via the draft and free agency, and have guys like Kikaha, several of our CB's, and Rankins ready to go this season. I think that added talent is enough to help us win at least 2 more games. We lost so many games by just 1 score last season, I think our current roster will give us a better shot to help decide some of those games in our favor this season

So many talk about the games we could have won last year... there were more we should have lost. As easy as someone might say this could have been a 10-6 team last year, I say it just have easily been a 5-11 team.

Here's what I see...

Young talent with no proven coaches (defensively) to help them develop.

A desperate HC who knows his a** is finally on the line.

A roster made of glass that has already started to crack.

An aging quarterback in his final year of his contract who desperately wants another shot at a Super Bowl before he hangs'em up.

All these things add up to disaster to me... but I've been wrong before.

WHODAT91FOREVER
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
SWATcha wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:

Peat.

I'm to the point where I've seen enough... I realize what things are with the Saints these days. Payton and his crew hitched their wagon to a slew of injury prone players in both the draft and free agency. Look at there roster and find one player without significant injury history. Now Fairley and Armstead are out before the season even starts... two of this teams top 8 paid players.

I hate being that guy but this season has disaster written all over it! Peterson has been gaurenteed to have a disappointing year after players and coaches have branded him the camp stud, go back and see how all former "camp studs" have turned out for this team over the last few years.

It is what it is... most of these guys won't be here next season and Payton will finally get that one way ticket out of the big easy that he's quietly been hoping for.

Sure the injury to Armstead sucks, but on the bright side we still on paper have a pretty solid O-Line this season.

As for the Peterson claim. 2 things. He is a Freak of Nature, so him having this hype is totally understandable, and secondly regarding camp studs...Michael Thomas just last season was given praises as looking like one of the best players on offense before the season started, and that seemed to work out alright for us.

I still think this team is much better off this season than it was the past few seasons, and have expectations of a winning record this year.

Here's where we disagree

To each their own I suppose, but we have in my eyes added talent on both sides of the ball via the draft and free agency, and have guys like Kikaha, several of our CB's, and Rankins ready to go this season. I think that added talent is enough to help us win at least 2 more games. We lost so many games by just 1 score last season, I think our current roster will give us a better shot to help decide some of those games in our favor this season

So many talk about the games we could have won last year... there were more we should have lost. As easy as someone might say this could have been a 10-6 team last year, I say it just have easily been a 5-11 team.

Here's what I see...

Young talent with no proven coaches (defensively) to help them develop.

A desperate HC who knows his a** is finally on the line.

A roster made of glass that has already started to crack.

An aging quarterback in his final year of his contract who desperately wants another shot at a Super Bowl before he hangs'em up.

All these things add up to disaster to me... but I've been wrong before.

*I've always felt that aspect of developing is overrated. You either have the talent to play in this league or you don't. I think the biggest thing is finding scheme fits that cater to a players talents. This season we have added talent both young and experienced.

*A HC that has been involved with this team during the most successful years in franchise history.

*A roster with some injury prone players, but much improved depth this season

*A veteran QB that is coming off an excellent season that gives this team hope for possibly one last Super Bowl run with this roster.

All these things add up to a possible playoff run this season for the Saints...But I've been wrong before. Wink

In all seriousness though I truly believe there will be improvement this season.
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:
SWATcha wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:

Peat.

I'd say that's a tad harsh... Peat actually played well down the stretch and appeared to get better as the year went on.

I can agree with you in terms of him at G. At LT I really didn't see much improvement. Just tons of pressure from Peat's side. Maybe it's just me, but I am very uncomfortable with the idea of Peat at LT for more than 1 game.

navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, much to my pleasure, seems like the word is that Peat will be settling into LG (who according to the Times Pic is expecting this to be a break out year for him at that spot, I could see that) and Ramczyk being the leading in house candidate to take over at LT for the time being. If Ram works out there (especially considering the praise he gets in Run blocking), our OLine could be looking decent still in the run game. A healthy Peterson alongside Ingram could be nasty.

lifeinthaboot

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
So, much to my pleasure, seems like the word is that Peat will be settling into LG (who according to the Times Pic is expecting this to be a break out year for him at that spot, I could see that) and Ramczyk being the leading in house candidate to take over at LT for the time being. If Ram works out there (especially considering the praise he gets in Run blocking), our OLine could be looking decent still in the run game. A healthy Peterson alongside Ingram could be nasty.

I hope it plays out that way. I'd rather keep Peat at LG and run the ball more. Still, we can't have Brees getting lit up from the LS.... so we will see how it goes.
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeinthaboot wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:

I hope it plays out that way. I'd rather keep Peat at LG and run the ball more. Still, we can't have Brees getting lit up from the LS.... so we will see how it goes.

Boot, you can't keep playing with my feelings like this. You can't just poke your head in here once every 8 months, then disappear again. What do I tell the kids? Laughing

domepatrol91

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
lifeinthaboot wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:

Boot, you can't keep playing with my feelings like this. You can't just poke your head in here once every 8 months, then disappear again. What do I tell the kids? Laughing
Tell them, we both still love you we just don't love each other.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: