You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The E3 2017 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KManX89

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Nothing about the new Gran Turismo? Been waiting for that game forever.

Same.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Nothing about the new Gran Turismo? Been waiting for that game forever.

Same.
They had some people playing on the E3 show floor. It's coming along well.

At least George will leave Indy soon.
Tyty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mind keeps flashing back to that developer guy crying while watching the trailer of his Mario Rabbids game cause he was so proud of himself. Nothing says "I've made it" like making a Rabbids game.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late to the party on this, but I don't think Bungie is purposely holding back Destiny 2 graphics for the X. The game has been in development for a while, and I think they just made the choice to limit the game to 30fps so they could focus on other things. Besides, it would be unfair for anyone who owns an Xbox One or Xbox One S if the X was able to run 60 and they were running the game at 30. Maybe for Destiny 3 they can up the frames to 60 for consoles.

I think we just need to give it time. A lot of titles will be getting 4k updates when the X launches. But I don't think we will truly see the power of the console until games like Anthem and others come out a year or two from now. Anthem in particular seems like it's been developed with an eye for the X.
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having 3 differently spec'd consoles in the same generation that developers need to account for is absolutely moronic.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
Having 3 differently spec'd consoles in the same generation that developers need to account for is absolutely moronic.
Bingo, this is why it's a cost effective decision to dumb down so that the experience on all 3 is relatively the same. And the XBX is so late to the game we are only 3 years from the next gen.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:
Bingo, this is why it's a cost effective decision to dumb down so that the experience on all 3 is relatively the same. And the XBX is so late to the game we are only 3 years from the next gen.

And if there is no 'Next Gen'?

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:

There's going to be a PS5/Nextbox, if for nothing else than branding purposes as rebranding every 6-7 years is now the expected norm.

I think that BC is going to be relatively standard on both given that we aren't getting much more push forward from disc technology and as game size increases we're still a ways away from 100% digital.

My expectation is they're going to make the next boxtop consoles iterative, but easier to understand than building a PC which is a huge scare thing, because they can easily brand new GPU/CPU hardware as part of a cohesive family

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:

There's going to be a PS5/Nextbox, if for nothing else than branding purposes as rebranding every 6-7 years is now the expected norm.

I think that BC is going to be relatively standard on both given that we aren't getting much more push forward from disc technology and as game size increases we're still a ways away from 100% digital.

My expectation is they're going to make the next boxtop consoles iterative, but easier to understand than building a PC which is a huge scare thing, because they can easily brand new GPU/CPU hardware as part of a cohesive family

We will see. I think its abundantly clear they are going away from the "you have to buy the newest edition to play XXX game" model. Id be shocked if you cant play "Call of duty 2020" on a pro/XBX. These consoles, for all intents and purposes, are next gen. They just are keeping the same architecture.

Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah there's 100% going to be new branding and architecture. It's all about new marketing and pushing the tech because it allows you to have splash pages you can showcase.

The reason the new boxes are out is because they didn't want to just iterate on their current systems to give you 4K gaming (something that wasn't cost effective in 2013 when they launched) and knew they would produce volume sales to make the premium models worth it (1 in every 5 PS4's sold is a Pro now, IIRC).

This will be the new model, new generation, new hardware, new specs, then halfway through in order to adapt to any changes in the marketplace they release an updated "premium" version for people.

This is in line with the industry as a whole shifting into "games as a service" as a model.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Nah there's 100% going to be new branding and architecture. It's all about new marketing and pushing the tech because it allows you to have splash pages you can showcase.

The reason the new boxes are out is because they didn't want to just iterate on their current systems to give you 4K gaming (something that wasn't cost effective in 2013 when they launched) and knew they would produce volume sales to make the premium models worth it (1 in every 5 PS4's sold is a Pro now, IIRC).

This will be the new model, new generation, new hardware, new specs, then halfway through in order to adapt to any changes in the marketplace they release an updated "premium" version for people.

This is in line with the industry as a whole shifting into "games as a service" as a model.

Arent they running on similar architecture as to what PCs use (and have used for dozens of years)?

Why would they move away from that? It makes it harder on everyone involved.

Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not necessarily saying that [console] generations are going to go away, but thinking beyond this generation, thinking around software, is clearly where we're trying to go. We're trying to make sure it's about your content rather than the device. I don't think that console generations are necessarily going to be as much of a fit-and-start going forward. I don't think it's healthy for the industry, I think it's actually not great for customers either.

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/albert-penello-xbox-one-x-interview-microsoft-e3-2017

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:

We will see. I think its abundantly clear they are going away from the "you have to buy the newest edition to play XXX game" model. Id be shocked if you cant play "Call of duty 2020" on a pro/XBX. These consoles, for all intents and purposes, are next gen. They just are keeping the same architecture.
I'll guarantee you can b/c 2020 is 7 years into the console. Sony has had a very successful model of a 7/10 year cycle. But you won't be able to play COD 2024 on a pro/xbx.

As for archetecture, it will probably be inline w/ a PC going forward, but consumers are still paying for a ready-made box. Consoles will always be that. That means you continue generations, otherwise, you might as well just buy a PC if you are going to have to constantly upgrade it.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28

Jump to: