Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nate Sudfeld
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
I would love to have his roster spot for a young guy like Holsey or Smithson. I hate caring 3 QBs. Lock up Kirk and let this dude ride the PS
You're litteraly traiding a inactive player each week for an inactive player. Holsey and Fish can go to the practice squad also.

If the Redskins want to cut Sudfeld it should be for a 4th RB, a 5th TE, a 7th DL, a 5th OLB or Everett as a special teams ace. They either need to use that spot for a guy who can play special teams, a RB they don't want to lose like Mack Brown who plays special teams, or both Carrier & Paul because of special teams and if Sprinkle isn't ready to play, or an extra DL that we can't keep on the top 45 for depth. If Sudfeld is gone, that spot should go to a vested vet, not another practice squad eligible player.

To me, if Sudfeld is gone I want the roster to look like this:

Qb: Cousins, McCoy
RB: Kelley, Thompson, Perine, Brown
TE: Reed, Davis, Paul, Sprinkle
WR: Pryor, Doctson, Crowder, Grant, Harris
LT: TW, Ty
LG: Lauvao, Kouandijo
C: Long, Roullier
RG: Scherff
RT: Moses, Painter

RDE: Allen, Lanier
NT: McGee, Taylor, Ioannidis
LDE: McClain, Hood

ROLB: Galette, Smith
RILB: Brown, Compton
LILB: Foster, Spaight
LOLB: Kerrigan, Anderson (Murphy to return week 5)

RCB: Norman, Dunbar
LCB: Breeland, Moreau
Slot: Fuller
SS: Cravens, Nicholson
FS: Swearinger, Hall

I disagree. Put Sudfield on the PS. If he gets poached by another team, no big lose. If a player like Holsey or Fish have good camps, I don't want to take a chance they get poached.

I would be shocked if Nicholson makes the 53 over Blackmon. That dude has a long way to go, and will most likely start the season on the pup list. It wouldn't surprise me if they put him in IR and red shirt him his first year.
I personally wouldn't waste a roster spot on Ziggy Hood. He was terrible last year and we have younger options with equal production like Mbu or Francis.
I think there will be a good camp battle between Mack Brown and Keith Marshall. I'm not sure Brown is a lock at this point. You can't coach speed.
I could be wrong but I think Robert Davis will make the 53.
Blackmon is going to be 33 in October and was one of the worst starting FS's in the NFL last year.

They drafted Nicholson for a reason. That reason most likely is because they think they can develop him into a starter in a few years and until he gets there he can be a special teams guy.

Holsey and Fish are going to have to play amazing to make this team. They're both two of the last DBs on the 90 man roster. This is nothing but a fan fighting for the underdog, which we all do but it's very unrealistic that they make the team over Sudfeld or anyone else for that matter.

Hood wasn't horrible, he's not worthy of being a starter but he's a good reserve who can play 3 technique, 5 technique and 1 technique. The only reason he was a starter last year was because we cut Paea and Golston got hurt.

We have to see a hell of a lot more out of all of our under 25 DL before we cut a reliable veteran as versatile as Hood.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate Sudfeld=Todd Collins
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Nate Sudfeld=Todd Collins
Well, that's what we need him to develop into, a reliable back up. We won 5 straight games with Collins in 07 and almost beat Seattle at Seattle in the playoffs.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/06/19/doug-williams-has-high-high-praise-for-redskins-third-string-qb-nate-sudfeld/?utm_term=.6b9c27c719a2

Doug williams has high praise for Nate Sudfeld.

Quote:
So when Williams was asked about third-stringer Nate Sudfeld last week, careful ears began tingling.

“Sudfield’s one of my favorites,” Williams told ESPN 980’s Doc Walker. “You know, he was one of the guys, when we drafted him, when we sat in the room [and] we talked about drafting a quarterback, I was a Sudfeld guy. You know, none of [the prospects] took snaps up under the center; they all stood back in the shotgun. He was at Indiana, but when you watched him and the guys at a couple more schools, there was something about him that you liked. And I think he’s learned how to take the snap from under center; he gets the ball out of his hands.

“No, no, but the kid has worked, he’s learned,” Williams went on. “And I’ll tell you what: Out of the quarterbacks that came out this year, if he was coming out this year and looked like he looked [at last Tuesday’s practice], he would be up there anywhere from the second to first round. The kid has improved.”

And before you start running out to buy your Sudfeld jerseys, Williams was also asked on NFL Network whether his department is preparing for the possibility of needing a quarterback if the team can’t reach a long-term deal with Kirk Cousins. Sudfeld’s name did not come up.

“Well, I think number one, in my department, we’ve got to be aware of the situation,” Williams said. “If Kirk doesn’t sign a long-term contract, which I hope he does, that tells us if not we’ve got to go to work. We’ve got to search long and hard to find that guy. But at the same time, we’ve got a capable backup here in Colt McCoy, who can hold the fort down for a while or even take it long distance. But at the end of the day, you’ve got to look for that guy if Kirk don’t sign long-distance, but I hope we don’t get into that.”

MikeT14

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

our new "GM" just said Nate Sudfeld would have been a 1st or 2nd rounder this year.

Jesus.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
our new "GM" just said Nate Sudfeld would have been a 1st or 2nd rounder this year.

Jesus.
He was basing that off of how much Sudfeld has improved from this time a year ago and how poor this draft class was for Qbs. I'd say he knows more about Qbs than most.

I saw Nate Sudfeld single handily almost beat the Ohio state team that had Ezekiel Elliot, Joey Bosa, Devin Smith, Eli Apple, MiChael Thomas, Decker, Darron Lee, Von Bell, Joshua Perry, Raekwon McMillan, Tyvis Powell, Conley, Latimore, Adolohis Washington and others on it and went on to beat Alabama and then Mariota and Oregon for the 2015-16 National Championship.

MikeT14

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That didn't change anything of my opinion making fun of the fact that he saw 1st rounder this year lol

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
That didn't change anything of my opinion making fun of the fact that he saw 1st rounder this year lol
Fair enough. I definitely agree he wouldn't have been 1st round probably ever but much like what Shanahan used to do when talking about Cousins, he's just propping up his guy in June to give him confidence for the offseason and especially preseason.

Remember the whole, Shanahan saying we had Cousins as a second rounder and we could trade him for a 1st round pick for 3 years. Possibly we get a 1st for him if we trade him now thanks to Gruden developing him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: