You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drd23

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
I've been thinking about starting this up again, too. I bought Witcher 2 for the 360 and wanted to play through that before I started Witcher 3 up again, but for the life of me I cannot get into Witcher 2. I don't know what it is. I think it has to do with the flashbacks and how confused on the story I was and how poor the map is in that one. I just can't seem to get my bearings and figure out what's going on, whereas in the third one I felt an instant immersion into the material.

Also, I never did get the chance to fully finish the final DLC.
It would be so nice to start the game over, somehow get to the point of owning a home early in that Italy-like place, and then store all the stuff I get there.

The final boss battle in B&W is the best one in all of TW3 imo.

And if you make the right decisions, the little prologue at the end is the perfect way to end the game
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was finally able to put some time into this game and am level 7 or 8 right now. Anyone have some tips for combat? I've gotten better at it but I still feel like I'm only scratching the surface, most of my combat is quick attacks and lighting people on fire. I've started to use the shield sign a lot more and that is pretty huge but I'm sure I could refine my fighting.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
So I was finally able to put some time into this game and am level 7 or 8 right now. Anyone have some tips for combat? I've gotten better at it but I still feel like I'm only scratching the surface, most of my combat is quick attacks and lighting people on fire. I've started to use the shield sign a lot more and that is pretty huge but I'm sure I could refine my fighting.

Igni is the worst and I almost never use it. I certainly don't upgrade it. Only thing it's good for is blowing up the little gas pockets. The shield one is the best, most second abilities for magic are worthless. I pick quick attacks and only upgrade those. I never use the strong attacks. Oils are very underrated as far as prepping for battle. Other than that, dodge and quick attacks for monsters, block and counter attacks for humans.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:

Igni is the worst and I almost never use it. I certainly don't upgrade it. Only thing it's good for is blowing up the little gas pockets. The shield one is the best, most second abilities for magic are worthless. I pick quick attacks and only upgrade those. I never use the strong attacks. Oils are very underrated as far as prepping for battle. Other than that, dodge and quick attacks for monsters, block and counter attacks for humans.
Thanks. I definitely need to improve my blocking and counter attacks, I wasn't really paying attention during the tutorial when they covered that. I also never use oils so I'll have to make a concerted effort to do that.

I really enjoy the game so far, I'm in Velen right now and just murdering people and monsters left and right and that is pretty satisfying. Only thing I'm not super big on is having to play missions as Ciri, just don't like splitting time between two characters and there is no progression for Ciri.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got to Skellige. I don't know how any of you pick Triss. Yen is all the feels.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're fighting large groups, getting Puppet is a very key thing. It gives you an extra strong ally and the opposition usually focuses on them. For the most part, fighting isn't very difficult in this game unfortunately. Quick attack, quick attack, quick dodge, quick attack, quick dodge, if you just cycle between these w/ a few of the mind altering spells, I havent found too many battles that are too tough.

As far as spells go, I only use the mind altering and shield spell. Magic traps when fighting wraiths etc. I don't think I've ever used one potion.........

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
Just got to Skellige. I don't know how any of you pick Triss. Yen is all the feels.

I know the world is huge but I wish the dev team put a little more effort into making characters look different lol. I feel like all the girls look identical. Yen def has it going on. If they make this into a movie/series like it's rumored, I'll be anxious to see who is cast as her lol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
I know the world is huge but I wish the dev team put a little more effort into making characters look different lol. I feel like all the girls look identical.

Word, they all have identically shaped, slightly too-far apart C cup tatas
MikeT14

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

I know the world is huge but I wish the dev team put a little more effort into making characters look different lol. I feel like all the girls look identical. Yen def has it going on. If they make this into a movie/series like it's rumored, I'll be anxious to see who is cast as her lol

A lot of these people LOOK like actors/actresses to me.

Yen reminds me of Kate B/Liv Tyler combo a little.

Geralt looks a lot and sounds A LOT like an actor that I can see in my head, but I neither know his name nor can I currently name a movie he is in. Driving me nuts.

- mike23md

MikeT14

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy. Definitely the voice.

- mike23md

HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Only thing I'm not super big on is having to play missions as Ciri, just don't like splitting time between two characters and there is no progression for Ciri.

This happens very rarely. Maybe six times total. I hate it, too, so I just skip as much as possible with her missions and just speed through them.
drd23

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:

The garden party almost had me flipping to Triss, but overall I agree.

From reading the various view points on which to pick, it seems its mostly people who've played The Witcher 1 & 2 who pick Triss as they've had far more interaction with her previously. That and that they can't get past Yen's abrasiveness
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just did about 3 Skellige side quests last night as I've spent so much time on the main land. They are a lot more fun and interesting. Gonna keep doing these and going out to the question marks in the middle of the water. Guess I need to use the boats for the second time ever lol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Just did about 3 Skellige side quests last night as I've spent so much time on the main land. They are a lot more fun and interesting. Gonna keep doing these and going out to the question marks in the middle of the water. Guess I need to use the boats for the second time ever lol
I can't get into the game right now. I think Breath of the Wild has temporarily ruined me. I don't like starting up The Witcher and seeing ? and ! all over my map. It's stressing me out Laughing

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
This guy. Definitely the voice.

Donald Pfaster

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 26 of 28

Jump to: