Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bob McGinn with worst mock draft :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PackyAttacky

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking parting shots on Rodgers.

Quote:
He lost a lot of close games in í08, but by í09 he was playing great and by 2010 he was maybe the best in the business. And then there have been a lot of playoff disappointments and poor performances. Itís a quarterback league and all the rules are designed for that quarterback to dominate, and he hasnít done it in the most important times since 2010.

Also on whether he would take Favre or not.

Quote:
Right now, Favre. Because he was there every single game and he inherited a team that was the armpit of the NFL. Itís one of the greatest reclamation projects in NFL history. Favre just did it all from nothingness.

http://gnb.247sports.com/Bolt/Former-Packers-writer-takes-multiple-shots-at-Aaron-Rodgers--53194087
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some unknown reason I still feel like Rodgers is bad in the playoffs even though he isn't. He has 3.6 touchdowns for every interception in the playoffs compared to Brady's 2 touchdowns for every interception.

He only has two playoff games in his career in which he's thrown 2 interceptions (by the same point, Brady had 3 such games, including two 3 interception games).

Since 2008, Brady has thrown 37 touchdowns to 19 interceptions.
Rodgers has thrown 36 touchdowns to 10 interceptions.

If the teams were switched, if Rodgers had Brady's defense and vice versa, Rodgers would have 4 Super Bowls (at least) to Brady's 1.

For Aaron's entire career, the Packers have been top 5 in scoring defense once. Aaron won a Super Bowl that year. The Packers have been top 10 in scoring defense twice in Aaron's career. One Super Bowl, one robbed playoff game with the Cardinals not getting called for a facemask penalty.

Over that same stretch of games, Tom Brady has had a top 5 scoring defense twice. One Super Bowl win for Brady. The Patriots have had a top 10 scoring defense SEVEN times. Two Super Bowl wins for Brady.

The "GOAT" is not the GOAT. He's one of the best to ever play the game that just happened to pair up with one of the best coaches to ever play the game, and, although his defense never SEEMS dominant, his defense has kept him able to compete every single year.

The average points scored for an NFL team is 23 points.

---In Brady's entire postseason career, the Patriots have allowed 23 points or more 12 times. He is 6-6 in those games. (That includes the Falcons game where Brady gave them 7, the defense held them to 21, and the DEFENSE won the game with KEY turnovers).

----In Aaron's postseason career, the Packers have allowed 23 points or more 9 times. The Packers are 2-7 in those games.

---In Brady's entire postseason career, the Patriots have allowed under 23 points 23 TIMES. The Patriots are 19-4 in those games.

---- In Aaron's postseason career, the Packers have allowed under 23 points 7 times. The Packers are 7-0 in those games.

---In Brady's entire postseason career, the Patriots have allowed over 30 points 3 times. The Patriots are 1-3.

---- In Aaron's postseason career, the Packers have allowed over 30 points 5 times. The Packers are 1-4 in those games.

---In Brady's entire postseason career, the Patriots have allowed over 40 points 0 times.

---- In Aaron's postseason career, the Packers have allowed over 40 points 3 times. The Packers are 0-3 in those games.

If Aaron ever gets to a point where the Packers have even a 5 year stretch of top ten scoring defenses (Brady has had maybe five years in his career where the Patriots weren't), it will become clear who is the best.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's already clear who's best.

And if it's up for debate, then you're invoking a team-stat to strengthen your argument. And that's fine-and-dandy, but again, there's one "best," and it really isn't close.

Homer alert #biased #homerz #fiveringsdoe #ainttryinifyaaintcheatin

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
It's already clear who's best.

And if it's up for debate, then you're invoking a team-stat to strengthen your argument. And that's fine-and-dandy, but again, there's one "best," and it really isn't close.

Homer alert #biased #homerz #fiveringsdoe #ainttryinifyaaintcheatin

I really don't even like Rodgers. I like him less than I liked Favre, and I still think Rodgers is leaps and bounds better than Brady.

Brady's career highlight reel wouldn't look as impressive as Aaron's from the past year alone. Rodgers is on another level as far as talent and ability, and somehow Patriots fans are too stupid to realize that team accomplishments does not make a QB better.

Rodgers might not be the greatest QB of all time, but he's certainly the most talented I've ever seen, and he's certainly greater than Brady.
StinkySauce

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd choose Rodgers over Brady every time, for any game, for any season, at any age. Homer? Maybe. But still.

At the same time, if I'm asked to participate in GOAT discussions, I don't feel comfortable saying Rodgers is better than Brady. When you lose a game, you don't say you were the better player even if you were. You don't blame anybody for the loss, and you give credit to the winner.

That guy wearing 12 in Patriots colors won another SB last year, and, come on, can't we admit we kinda believe he's going to win another one this year? Maybe we can admit we kinda believe it won't be his last one, either? I'm shell-shocked enough to believe he's going to win another one in Denver, maybe when he's 48 or something. Does he have a better cast? A better coach? Don't say it even if it's true.

-------
"Give me Shackleton every time."
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StinkySauce wrote:
That guy wearing 12 in Patriots colors won another SB last year, and, come on, can't we admit we kinda believe he's going to win another one this year? Maybe we can admit we kinda believe it won't be his last one, either? I'm shell-shocked enough to believe he's going to win another one in Denver, maybe when he's 48 or something. Does he have a better cast? A better coach? Don't say it even if it's true.

Times Tom Brady has had a top 10 scoring defense -

Times Tom Brady has had the #1 scoring defense - 3
Times Tom Brady has had the #2 scoring defense - 2
Times Tom Brady has had under top 10 scoring defense - 3 (two of which they ranked 11th).

Lowest scoring defense Brady has ever had has been 17th.

Times Aaron has had under 11th in scoring defense: 6

Once Tom Brady brings the 25th ranked scoring defense to win 8 games in a row, including a road playoff game, only to lose in the NFC Championship game, you get back to me.

People want to see a hero, so they point to one person on the team. Tom Brady isn't 7 championship, 5 Super Bowls. His team is, and if the situations were switched over Aaron's and his career, he might have won one Super Bowl while Aaron would have won at least three.

You're telling me that Aaron wouldn't have won a Super Bowl with Randy Moss, Wes Welker and the number one scoring defense? Laughing
PackyAttacky

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn I like this guy!! Good Luck convincing a nation full of ESPN brainwashed fools though. Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
CentralFC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Stuff

Tom Brady has literally never had any offensive playmakers. How he's had this much success is beyond me.

HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:
Stuff

Tom Brady has literally never had any offensive playmakers. How he's had this much success is beyond me.

Laughing

Corey Dillon's 4.7 yards per carry, 1600 yards and 12 touchdowns.
Deion Branch
Randy Moss
Wes Welker
Julian Edleman certainly didn't make one of the most incredible playoff catches or anything.
Rob Gronkowski
Martellus Bennett

Yeah, he's totally never had any offensive playmakers.

I'd trade all of Aaron's offensive playmakers over his career with the replacements coming from Cleveland for any one of Brady's team defense performances, chosen at random, over Brady's career.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:
Stuff

Laughing

Corey Dillon's 4.7 yards per carry, 1600 yards and 12 touchdowns.
Deion Branch
Randy Moss
Wes Welker
Julian Edleman certainly didn't make one of the most incredible playoff catches or anything.
Rob Gronkowski
Martellus Bennett

Yeah, he's totally never had any offensive playmakers.

I'd trade all of Aaron's offensive playmakers over his career with the replacements coming from Cleveland for any one of Brady's team defense performances, chosen at random, over Brady's career.

Thanks. I knew saying one provocative and obviously sarcastic thing would get you to do the legwork Razz

HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you ever take advantage of me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: