Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Players most likely to get cut before training camp
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the signing of Decker, the receivers now consist of Matthews, Davis, Decker, Taylor, Sharpe, and Douglas. Could very well see Douglas cut before but it'll likely be sometime during TC.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say Tom Johnson for the Vikings, but with the UT spot wide open, who knows?

I doubt Shamar Stephen starts, although he's a good backup and more of a NT, and I doubt they start rookie Jaleel Johnson right from the get-go.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
Forge wrote:
For the niners-

Still a possibility Vance McDonald gets cut, despite the extension last year. George Kittle had most of the first team reps at TE by the end of the mini camp. Nothing else on offense really as everyone kinda sucks.

Really, not much else. I doubt that Ahmaf Brooks gets cut. Maybe Aaron Lynch. I guess that would be the big one. Tank Carradine i think could have an uphill battle to make​ the squad. The one time promising prospect has dobe absolutely nothing at this level.

How has the Louisville TE been doing?

I think he's going to make the squad, but it'll likely be as TE3. It really depends on what we do with Vance though. If we want to commit to the new guys, then Kittle will be the starter, Paulsen probably TE2/blocking and Cole as the TE3 in heavy sets, which Shanny uses quite often.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoSojia wrote:
We have a bunch of receivers and tight ends, so I could see a few of them being released.

Jordan Taylor, Cody Latimer, Bennie Fowler, and Virgil Green are some of the players I could see getting cut.

Jordan Taylor is going to make the team. Latimer and Fowler are as good as gone. Those 3 are fighting for 1 roster spot at WR. Unless 1 of them shows something crazy in TC which they havent shown in the past 3 years, its Jordan Taylors job.

Virgil Green I can see being 50/50. There are 2 spots for Green/Heuerman/Derby and I have heard rave reviews about how good Derby has looked in OTAs and Heuerman has the luxury of being a 3rd round pick go keep him on the roster. It may come down to how the staff feels about Heuerman's progression after finally being healthy if Green gets a spot.

That TE battle in camp will be super interesting to watch. Since the line struggles with blocking--That may sway them to keep Green over Derby/Heuerman.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only notable player for Miami:

2016 draftee WR Leonte Carroo is on the roster bubble after a rookie year where he largely failed to make any kind of push for playing time, including on special teams, and his poor effort led Gase to activate UDFA Rashawn Scott over him in the last few games.

After giving up a 2016 6th rounder, 2017 3rd rounder and 2017 4th rounder to acquire the WR, Carroo will be battling for the 5th or 6th WR spot on a crowded roster. Parker, Landry, and Stills are locks with Grant also likely making it as a PR. Carroo needs to beat out aforementioned Rashawn Scott, 2017 7th rounder WR Isaiah Ford and UDFA Drew Morgan.

Last edited by cddolphin on Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notable New England cuts are:

One of the RB's likely wont make it
Dion Lewis
James White
Mike Gillislee
Rex Burkhead
Brandon Bolden
James Develin - FB

They typically keep on Develin at FB, so I would guess possibly two of those are gone. You would think White is a lock (cutting him would add 3 mil to the cap), along with Gillislee who would have a bunch of dead money if cut. Burkhead would save more cash than would sit on the books, but it still seems unlikely. Lewis is probably the most team friendly cut, netting 1.3 in cap with only 200k in dead money. Bolden is the likely first man out with near inconsequential financials involved, but he is a key special teamer and it is often said he would be the logical cut but he still seems to make the roster each year.

WR is another logjam with
Brandon Cooks
Julian Edelman
Chris Hogan
Malcolm Mitchell
Danny Amendola
Matthew Slater
Andrew Hawkins

With TE being a key contributor in the pass game and the big number at RB, its possible that they only carry 5 WR's. That means another two from this list. My guess would be Hawkins and Amendola.

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: