You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets Offseason Overlook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 86, 87, 88  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlash

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
What is the real deal with the progress of Chrisitian Hackenberg? I expect Christian Hackenberg to be the starting QB at some point this year. The progress other teams have made mean nothing without the wins to show for it. Cleveland looks good on paper but we'll see if that translates into wins. The Jets look poor on paper but we'll see if that translates in poor performances. The Jets are doing the 'Philly Flop" this year. This upcoming year is about seeing what we have in Christian Hackenberg and seeing how the new coaching staff can develop the youth into a cohesive unit.

What exactly is this 'philly flop' you speak of?
doumeyer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
famousj wrote:
What is the real deal with the progress of Chrisitian Hackenberg? I expect Christian Hackenberg to be the starting QB at some point this year. The progress other teams have made mean nothing without the wins to show for it. Cleveland looks good on paper but we'll see if that translates into wins. The Jets look poor on paper but we'll see if that translates in poor performances. The Jets are doing the 'Philly Flop" this year. This upcoming year is about seeing what we have in Christian Hackenberg and seeing how the new coaching staff can develop the youth into a cohesive unit.

The NBA phila. team tank their games last year and this year to get the #1 pick in the draft.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
famousj wrote:

Rick that is a outstanding post, and sure seems that is the way the Jets are going. What upsets me the most it sure looks like we are going to do the ( philly Flop ). Mac has had three full drafts to make the Jets at least competitive, with the help of at least two or three FA on offensive, and has failed to do that. Plus he got rid of our best WR. Our defensive should be competitive, but if our offensive goes three and out all the time the defensive will crack. If for some reason Hack turns out to be the real deal, than I will be the first to eat crow.

Biggest thing I think Macc missed the boat on was in FA. He had a TON of cap room his 1st offseason with us. But he spent it all on 30yr olds. The only good singing he made was Carpenter for the future. Skrine I'll give him a pass on, bc he was still young and has flopped, but he big time overpaid him, so he kinda deserves it. Last offseason he did the same but with limited cap space. Handed Forte an awful contract. This FA the only signing he made that could be good for the future might be Claiborne. But if he plays well, we have to overpay for him to stay when he has injury issues. Beachum hit a need and I like that, but we paid him starter salary (17th highest paid LT) when he was awful last year and hasn't shown anything since his injury. He's also 28, so it's not like he has the big long future ahead of him either. The icing on the cake was bringing in Davis. Ya its better than nothing in return, but why in a rebuild are we bringing in 28-30yr olds? I just don't think Macc has any clue what to do in FA. And since we will have a ton of cap space next off season... if he's still here, I expect him to completely mess it up.

Beachum just turned 28 like 2 weeks ago. Getting paid bottom half in salary for a starting FA LT is not a bad move, even off a bad year. The Forte contract wasn't really bad, would you have paid Ivory more money for less production? I don't see how that was smart. If we planned on cutting Pryor/releasing Harris than I'm glad we at least got something. It makes it better that Davis has been here before and has some chemistry with the locker room. I can't hate the Skrine signing either, it's not like his contract has prevented us from pursuing other players. He was praised for signing him to that deal initially.

We have a ton of cap space next year that I hope we spend on Enunwa, Claiborne, and a PR. This year will ultimately tell us a lot about who will stay on this team. Mo and Sheldon could both be let go if they don't buy in. I expect to see far more effort out of our entire team this year, which would make me actually want to watch them.
Jlash

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
Jlash wrote:
famousj wrote:

The NBA phila. team tank their games last year and this year to get the #1 pick in the draft.

Ahhh. C'mon outsider, that's known as "The Process". Also took years and years to even get to this point. Haha. Good luck guys, I think you have some solid building blocks.
jetfuel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that a lot of you guys are so worried about the age of the person. I'm more worried about potential and plays on and off the field. Who cares if the guy is 26 or 28 or 30. If he can play he can play.

I like what the jets have done. They are doing something that this franchise has never done. That is a complete tear down and rebuild. When you are doing this you are looking for hungry guys that want to get paid and will do anything for playing time. I think the jets will be a team that will start off slow but finish very strong. Hack will be the starter week 1 if he can show improvement from preseason game 1 to game 4. I love how everyone is writing this season off saying they will suck and they are bottom of the league because what the players look like on paper.

I will be looking at this season in two parts. The first 8 games we will run the ball a lot with Forte. Jets will be 2-6 then they will open the play book for Hack and the QB WR will click a lot more and see a big jump. 4-4. I think Hack will be a big gun slinger and this will help in those cold days in New York.

Jets finish the season 6-10.
Imarobot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
Jlash wrote:
famousj wrote:

Why would you answer a question for someone when you don't even know what the hell you're talking about? Laughing 'The Process' started in the 2013 season. Last season they won 28 games (hardly a tank and not close to the worst record in the NBA) they just had to TRADE UP to get the number 1 pick in this years draft.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Imarobot"]
doumeyer wrote:
Jlash wrote:
famousj wrote:

The NBA phila. team tank their games last year and this year to get the #1 pick in the draft.[/quo

Why would you answer a question for someone when you don't even know what the hell you're talking about? Laughing 'The Process' started in the 2013 season. Last season they won 28 games (hardly a tank and not close to the worst record in the NBA) they just had to TRADE UP to get the number 1 pick in this years draft.

You forgot to mention their 54 losses this year. that isn't much progress since 2013
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
It seems that a lot of you guys are so worried about the age of the person. I'm more worried about potential and plays on and off the field. Who cares if the guy is 26 or 28 or 30. If he can play he can play.

I like what the jets have done. They are doing something that this franchise has never done. That is a complete tear down and rebuild. When you are doing this you are looking for hungry guys that want to get paid and will do anything for playing time. I think the jets will be a team that will start off slow but finish very strong. Hack will be the starter week 1 if he can show improvement from preseason game 1 to game 4. I love how everyone is writing this season off saying they will suck and they are bottom of the league because what the players look like on paper.

I will be looking at this season in two parts. The first 8 games we will run the ball a lot with Forte. Jets will be 2-6 then they will open the play book for Hack and the QB WR will click a lot more and see a big jump. 4-4. I think Hack will be a big gun slinger and this will help in those cold days in New York.

I also agree with the 6-10 prediction but we should NOT be giving Forte the ball. Give it to Powell Forte is done and shouldn't have even been signed last year, guy is slow and useless.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Bobby816

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:

Ya bc 28-30yr olds are just booming with potential.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
jetfuel wrote:

I would like to know how we are going to win six games with the offensive Mac is going to put on the field this year. The defensive should be NFL caliber, and be OK. But the offensive is a whole different story, Mac has done next to nothing to help the offensive. In Mac first year he bought in Marshall & Decker, and made us a playoff team, since then he has done nothing to improve the offensive. His whole future depends on how Hack works out. Maybe he thinks McCown is booming with potential at 39 years old.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
jetfuel wrote:

I would like to know how we are going to win six games with the offensive Mac is going to put on the field this year. The defensive should be NFL caliber, and be OK. But the offensive is a whole different story, Mac has done next to nothing to help the offensive. In Mac first year he bought in Marshall & Decker, and made us a playoff team, since then he has done nothing to improve the offensive. His whole future depends on how Hack works out. Maybe he thinks McCown is booming with potential at 39 years old.

Been the story of this franchise for years. We are the only team in the NFL that hasn't adjusted to rule changes. We still think defense wins championships in an NFL that caters to offense. We've now spent 9 1st Rounders in a row on defense in an offensive league. That tells the story right there.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
jetfuel wrote:

Been the story of this franchise for years. We are the only team in the NFL that hasn't adjusted to rule changes. We still think defense wins championships in an NFL that caters to offense. We've now spent 9 1st Rounders in a row on defense in an offensive league. That tells the story right there.

Ain't that the truth, I just don't understand Mac"s thinking.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@AdamSchefter: Derek Carr fell to 2nd round and started his NFL career 0-10. Now on brink of becoming one of highest, if not highest, paid player in game.

Something to keep in mind while evaluating Hack. Not saying he'll hit this level but patience does pay off.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
Quote:
@AdamSchefter: Derek Carr fell to 2nd round and started his NFL career 0-10. Now on brink of becoming one of highest, if not highest, paid player in game.

Something to keep in mind while evaluating Hack. Not saying he'll hit this level but patience does pay off.

Hack is in a lose lose situation. He has to play at a level of a pro bowl QB right away for us to not go QB more than likely with our 1st rounder next year. This is why this season is so pointless.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
Quote:

Hack is in a lose lose situation. He has to play at a level of a pro bowl QB right away for us to not go QB more than likely with our 1st rounder next year. This is why this season is so pointless.

He won't have to play at a Pro Bowl level, he just needs to show constant growth throughout the season. Try not to repeat the same mistakes (Think Sanchez with the pick 6s & Geno with turnovers/running out of bounds).

Top 5 pick - we are going QB
Top 10 pick - we have serious discussions about moving up to #1
Around ~ 15 Pick - we look at the price to go to #1 but would likely feel comfortable rolling with Hack moving forward

Certainly context of the games play a bigger factor than the slot we are picking but just off the top of my head I think this is a decent starting point.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 86, 87, 88  Next
Page 79 of 88

Jump to: