Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mini Camp News and Tweets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G08

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bfan wrote:
Wow! Did you guys really just spend an entire page arguing whether the rookie QB with 13 starts in collage and coming from a non-pro-style offence should start day one or 7 games in? Training camp has not even started yet.

Off-season, brah Wink

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bfan wrote:
Wow! Did you guys really just spend an entire page arguing whether the rookie QB with 13 starts in collage and coming from a non-pro-style offence should start day one or 7 games in? Training camp has not even started yet.

To that, before we decide what Trubisky can or cannot do with competence let's maybe see him on the field. Look at how far the narrative has changed on Glennon since the beginning of March (Ugh why did we sign this marginal talent clown? to He's an adequate starter for now who MAYBE could be good.) and he hasn't played a damn snap. We are projecting a whole hell of a lot without seeing any football being played.

Trubisky needs to learn from where he was in college and so does every player added to every team but Jesus it's not like he wasn't playing football before. He's learning to drop back from center. He's not learning Latin in a day and being sent to live in ancient Rome. IMO, the biggest adjustment most college QBs need to make is making full field reads. That's one of the things Trubisky has already done to the level that he was the top offensive player taken in the draft. Comparatively, learning to drop back (which can be eased since we will likely operate from the gun 50% or more of the time anyway) is relatively simple.

If he's ready to play over Glennon then it should show, and if he's not then he should sit for a while. Making that decision now with any kind of voracity though given who is ahead of him is ill advised, even for the coaches.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Bfan wrote:

To that, before we decide what Trubisky can or cannot do with competence let's maybe see him on the field. Look at how far the narrative has changed on Glennon since the beginning of March (Ugh why did we sign this marginal talent clown? to He's an adequate starter for now who MAYBE could be good.) and he hasn't played a damn snap. We are projecting a whole hell of a lot without seeing any football being played.

Trubisky needs to learn from where he was in college and so does every player added to every team but Jesus it's not like he wasn't playing football before. He's learning to drop back from center. He's not learning Latin in a day and being sent to live in ancient Rome. IMO, the biggest adjustment most college QBs need to make is making full field reads. That's one of the things Trubisky has already done to the level that he was the top offensive player taken in the draft. Comparatively, learning to drop back (which can be eased since we will likely operate from the gun 50% or more of the time anyway) is relatively simple.

If he's ready to play over Glennon then it should show, and if he's not then he should sit for a while. Making that decision now with any kind of voracity though given who is ahead of him is ill advised, even for the coaches.

I think the narrative is shifting because pretty much every one who covers the team has said the same thing,

Glennon-professional and not doing well

Trubisky-accurate and doing better than Glennon

I will also expect Trubisky's development to make big strides as he gets more comfortable with the mechanical changes and the nuances of being under centre. I doubt that Glennon will see improvements by leaps and bounds.
51to54

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bfan wrote:

We've seen Glennon. While Glennon had the misfortune to play for a season and a half for a horrible Tampa Bay team, he is likely close to his ceiling which is nowhere close to a pro bowl ceiling.

Pedigree matters. Second overall pick of the draft. We're not talking about a Hanie like walk on trying to unseat a 4 time pro bowl QB.

After decades of Mirers, Stewarts, Grossmans, Hanies, etc. we are due for some off-season hopeful QB talk.
Nads786

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Bfan wrote:

I think the narrative is shifting because pretty much every one who covers the team has said the same thing,

I will also expect Trubisky's development to make big strides as he gets more comfortable with the mechanical changes and the nuances of being under centre. I doubt that Glennon will see improvements by leaps and bounds.

Where are you seeing that Mitch is doing better than Glennon? I haven't read that anywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

51to54 wrote:
Bfan wrote:

We've seen Glennon. While Glennon had the misfortune to play for a season and a half for a horrible Tampa Bay team, he is likely close to his ceiling which is nowhere close to a pro bowl ceiling.

Pedigree matters. Second overall pick of the draft. We're not talking about a Hanie like walk on trying to unseat a 4 time pro bowl QB.

After decades of Mirers, Stewarts, Grossmans, Hanies, etc. we are due for some off-season hopeful QB talk.

It is much better then the back and forth of "Cutler sucks" to "Cutler just needs..."
Bfan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Bfan wrote:

Off-season, brah Wink

That's why I come here Cool
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just skimmed through the thread, but how is Jordan Howard looking so far? Any word on him?

I think he will be an excellent RB for you guys. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Bfan wrote:

Where are you seeing that Mitch is doing better than Glennon? I haven't read that anywhere.

Jahns and Hoge podcast

Arthur Arkush

Kevin Fishbain
G08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Just skimmed through the thread, but how is Jordan Howard looking so far? Any word on him?

I think he will be an excellent RB for you guys. Very Happy

Slimmed down to about 225, had corrective eye surgery to help with vision and the hope is that it will help him improve in the passing game.

I'm hoping he stays healthy -- kid can be a good one.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Bear Report podcast Jeremy Stoltz really rips Glennon for his mini camp performance.

Says he has looked bad and worse than Trubisky.

That being said when I say Glennon is going to have a tough time keeping Trubisky on the bench I think their is a 0% chance that Glennon doesn't start weeks 1-4.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
On the Bear Report podcast Jeremy Stoltz really rips Glennon for his mini camp performance.

Says he has looked bad and worse than Trubisky.

That being said when I say Glennon is going to have a tough time keeping Trubisky on the bench I think their is a 0% chance that Glennon doesn't start weeks 1-4.

Glennon is learning the offense and getting in time with WRs, many if not most of whom are also learning the offense. So I can understand his performance looking mediocre.

That being said I have been opposed to him being looked at as more than a stopgap since the Bears signed him. He is what Hoyer was, but IMO less talented but younger. He is a solid back up and poor choice as a starter. He is being paid to let Trubisky develop, and take the lumps while Pace fills out the roster. Outside of injury, I see no way Glennon doesn't start the first half of the season at minimum.

Of course if Trubisky is showing he has a firm grasp of the offense and is making the correct reads, then I am all for letting him play. I just don't believe it will happen.

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pace will get raked over the coal if Glennon is atrocious, with everybody forgetting he's essentially on a one-year deal.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Pace will get raked over the coal if Glennon is atrocious, with everybody forgetting he's essentially on a one-year deal.

Idiots will rip him

Intelligent fans will realize that he had to do something in case

1. They didn't get Trubisky
2. Trubisky is not ready to play

It really doesn't matter how he plays.
51to54

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

Idiots will rip him

Intelligent fans will realize that he had to do something in case

1. They didn't get Trubisky
2. Trubisky is not ready to play

It really doesn't matter how he plays.

I disagree. While certainly not hamstringing the franchise for half a decade, paying 18 million for a guy who might not even be able to let your franchise QB sit on the bench for several games (if not a whole season) and still keep the team competitive is bad. Pace could have found other crap QB's for 10 million a year and had the cap space to add another decent starter or quality depth elsewhere.

Limiting bad talent decisions doesn't get to you the Super Bowl nearly as fast as making good talent per cap decisions.

Hopefully, Trubisky's lightning like development will make Glennon a mute issue.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: