Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official New York Rangers thread v 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much dominated that game. Now even at 2-2 and momentum in on our side. 4th line were the best players tonight. Glass really showed up in this game. 2 goals for Lindberg as well. Grabner was also very good. Could tell by the end of the game that Ottawa was getting frustrated, they could not generate any offense tonight.
MLB: New York Yankees
NCAAB: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
TheChad

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after two dominating performances, I must admit I was wrong to count us out. For a team that was average at best at home all season, it sure did seem to give us a boost here. The offense has been good and we really haven't allowed a lot of good shots against Lundqvist.

Tanner Glass probably had the best game I've seen him play for us.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had it with this group. Can only torture a fanbase so much. 3 different times we have blown a late lead and we deserve this based on how we play with a lead. AV never learns. Turtling and playing passively when we have the lead, deploying the wrong personnel constantly (Staal on the ice for the tying goal). Hank did not have a great game, but the team as a whole is terrible with a lead. They only seem to play well when their backs are against the wall. That is a problem with the team's overall mentality.

Can't take much more of these late collapses. I hate AV.
TheChad

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not quite at Edmonton's ridiculous level, but we seriously can't hold a lead when we need to. Anderson outplayed Lundqvist, but we still should have won that game.

It's ironic that the best road team during the season is one game off elimination because they can't for the life of them seem to complete a road win in this series.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season officially over. I think we all knew this was going to be a transitional year and we were not expected to seriously contend before the season began. They made it further than I thought they would, but it does sting to lose this series because I thought it was a winnable one for us and we could very well have already been in the ECF if not for blowing 2 games late in this series. I really hope that was the last straw for AV as coach. Tired of him making the same mistakes with personnel time and again, he refuses to adjust. I also don't think we play with enough structure.

Beyond that, the team has some obvious issues they need to address as we need to continue trying to remake the team. Holden should be gone, at least one of Staal (preferable IMO) or Girardi should be gone, both if we can somehow manage it. Defense needs a major overhaul. Offensively, I would be looking to deal Hayes or just expose him in the expansion draft. Stepan, I might be open to deal given his disappointing postseason, but I don't want to overreact either seeing as he has been a mostly solid top 6 center. But if we can find a way to get another legit top 6 C in with Zibanejad, I would be more open to trading him for defensive help.
TheChad

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, with the whole season as perspective it's easy to say that losing 4-2 in the second round is a decent result. Given how winnable the series was though, it's definitely disappointing at this moment.

I'll just be so down on this franchise if Hank leaves/retires without ever winning a cup with us.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChad wrote:
Yeah, with the whole season as perspective it's easy to say that losing 4-2 in the second round is a decent result. Given how winnable the series was though, it's definitely disappointing at this moment.

I'll just be so down on this franchise if Hank leaves/retires without ever winning a cup with us.

Among all the sports and teams I follow, not being able to win a Stanley Cup with Henrik Lundqvist is my biggest disappointment as far as my sports fandom goes (if things continue as they are).
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graves, Pionk and Berezglazov(sp) will get shots to play D. Smith needs to be resigned. Stepan must be traded before his movement clause kicks in. He's worthless, especially with faceoffs and PP. Praying we don't lose Fast or Lindberg to LV.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I don't claim to understand the expansion draft concept at all, but I saw this:
Quote:
Protected players
Kevin Hayes (F)
Chris Kreider (F)
J.T. Miller (F)
Rick Nash (F)
Derek Stepan (F)
Mika Zibanejad (F)
Mats Zuccarello (F)
Nick Holden (D)
Ryan McDonagh (D)
Marc Staal (D)
Henrik Lundqvist (G)

Available players
Taylor Beck (F)
Chris Brown (F)
Daniel Catenacci (F)
Jesper Fast (F)
Tanner Glass (F)
Michael Grabner (F)
Marek Hrivik (F)
Nicklas Jensen (F)
Carl Klingberg (F)
Oscar Lindberg (F)
Brandon Pirri (F)
Matt Puempel (F)
Adam Clendening (D)
Tommy Hughes (D)
Steven Kampfer (D)
Kevin Klein (D)
Michael Paliotta (D)
Brendan Smith (D)
Chris Summers (D)
Magnus Hellberg (G)
Antti Raanta (G)
Mackenzie Skapski (G)

Source

Why protect Holden over Brendan Smith?
Is Staal worth protecting these days?
Why not protect Grabner? He was fantastic last season.
I also really like Jesper Fast but I assume we just ran out of protected spots.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brendan Smith is a free agent this year so it really doesn't do much to protect him since Vegas can talk to him anyways. Staal has a no move clause so by rule he has to be protected.

With regards to Grabner, the expansion rules say you can protect 7F, 3D, 1G or 8 skaters, 1G. The Rangers opted for the former so they could only protect 7F which is why they weren't able to protect him.

I'm thinking Vegas will take Lindberg or Grabner. An outside chance they'll take Raanta if they have another deal setup to flip him to another team for picks.

Smack on the Lindor
Rammy on the Claude
TheChad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Thanks heaps for the info.

Makes a bit more sense, though I'd still probably rank protecting Grabner above one of the other forwards we did protect. Miller and Hayes were largely no-shows in the playoffs and that doesn't help their cases.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made a significant trade with Arizona today. In exchange for Derek Stepan and Antti Raanta, we get the 7th overall pick in the draft plus D prospect Anthony DeAngelo.

Not too concerned with losing Raanta as with Benoit Allaire as goalie coach, I think we can get solid production out of any goalie as long as they have some skill. I have always been a fan of Stepan, but I understand moving him. He has 4 years left on a contract worth $6.5M per and has a NTC that kicks in soon. I don't think Gorton wanted to be stuck with all that for a good, not great center who is a low end 1/high end 2 center. While I was fine with the idea of trading him, it was always with the caveat that we find a suitable top 6 replacement for him. Because there is no way I trust Hayes as a top 6 center. I'll miss D-Step as a player and person though.

Still am fine with the trade overall as it is clear our core's time has passed and we need to reset. Gives us an opportunity to pick up a top prospect in the draft or maybe use it in a package to get a good NHL level player. DeAngelo is a prospect with a lot of skill, but has attitude/maturity issues. Tampa and Arizona have now given up on him. He is a gamble.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the draft goes, with how barren our farm is, I am going BPA at both picks IMO. Center, wing, or Dman.

At 7, I would look at Liljegren (who I am a big fan of) or Cale Makar at D (Heiskanen will almost certainly be gone), F, I like Vilardi a lot. Owen Tippett might be the best pure goal scoring prospect in the draft. Martin Necas, Elias Petterson, Cody Glass, and Casey Middelstadt are also possibilities.

At 21, we are realistically looking at players like D Erik Brannstrom, D Nicolas Hague, D Callan Foote, C Ryan Poehling, C/W Klim Kostin, W Kailer Yamamoto.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the trade. Had to get rid of Stepan and his declining production/lack of speed and skill, along with his NMC kicking in locking him at a high salary. DeAngelo is what we need just hope he pans out. If we can land Makar with this pick its a home run. Lots of good C available too. If we land a C at 7 with some size I like Yamamoto(sp) later. I also like Tippett and his scoring ability, would not mind that at all.

There were some rumblings we would have moved Stepan last year during the draft if Tkachuck was available at ARI pick.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lias Andersson is out pick at 7. Obviously, time will tell, but I had several other guys rated higher. I think we reached. Hope he does well for us.

Lias Andersson scouting reports

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 59 of 60

Jump to: