You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens 2017 Roster Tracker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 51, 52, 53  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 1060
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
Quote:
Titans signed WR Eric Decker, formerly of the Jets, to a one-year contract.

The Jets continued their roster purge by dumping Decker last week. After fielding a relatively weak group last season, the Titans have beefed up their receiving corps this offseason by drafting Western Michigan standout Corey Davis with the fifth overall pick and now by scooping up Decker. Hip and shoulder issues limited Decker to just three games in 2016 but he's now at full health and should give Marcus Mariota another big body to throw to inside the red zone. The Titans are suddenly flush with pass-catchers with Decker, Davis, Rishard Matthews and Delanie Walker all slated for important roles.


I don't think I was a part of it, but I could understand the bashing the Titans coaching staff received - especially for their offensive terminology.

Their big obstacle is to actually get their roster to perform and get to the playoff. But so far, I think they have done a really, really good job at putting together a roster which should be competitive and they really helped their young QB in a much better way than many other franchises - our own included, have done and should have.
_________________
Ravens 2017 feat. Flaccid Flaccos speedsters and Dean Peas softies
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11261
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-rookie-cornerback-marlon-humphrey-unlikely-to-be-used-in-slot-20170619-story.html

Quote:
Humphrey might find himself matched up with a wide receiver in the slot on occasion this season. However, that certainly won’t be by design, according to defensive coordinator Dean Pees.

“They all can play in the slot,” Pees said last week during the Ravens’ mandatory minicamp. “There are times where we play ‘corners over,’ and the corner ends up playing on an inside receiver, which really is a slot receiver. That being said, we really like him as an outside guy.”


Quote:
Humphrey said that at Alabama he played inside at times during practice but never in a game. With the Ravens, Humphrey worked almost exclusively on the outside during organized team activities and last week’s minicamp. That doesn’t figure to change much in training camp.


No surprise there. So the defense is going to have Webb, Boykin, or Canady practically starting in the slot. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 11998
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-rookie-cornerback-marlon-humphrey-unlikely-to-be-used-in-slot-20170619-story.html

Quote:
Humphrey might find himself matched up with a wide receiver in the slot on occasion this season. However, that certainly won’t be by design, according to defensive coordinator Dean Pees.

“They all can play in the slot,” Pees said last week during the Ravens’ mandatory minicamp. “There are times where we play ‘corners over,’ and the corner ends up playing on an inside receiver, which really is a slot receiver. That being said, we really like him as an outside guy.”


Quote:
Humphrey said that at Alabama he played inside at times during practice but never in a game. With the Ravens, Humphrey worked almost exclusively on the outside during organized team activities and last week’s minicamp. That doesn’t figure to change much in training camp.


No surprise there. So the defense is going to have Webb, Boykin, or Canady practically starting in the slot. Sad


Well if Humphrey does earn a starting role, then Carr is in the mix too.

Quote:
“I really, in some ways, especially as a rookie, would rather them sit in at one position and learn that position instead of trying to move them all over the place and them get kind of about half the reps here and half the reps here,” Pees said.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11261
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carr isn't playing in the slot. C'mon now. Humphrey isn't starting this year either, outside of injuries. He has a ways to go to develop instinctually and technically.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sessy


Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 176
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Carr isn't playing in the slot. C'mon now. Humphrey isn't starting this year either, outside of injuries. He has a ways to go to develop instinctually and technically.


I dunno how you can be so sure of that. For all we know, Carr could be sitting the bench, and Humphrey could be starting. I really don't think we can discern any of this info before we've seen them hit the field. I personally think Humphrey has a better chance at performing this year than Carr does.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 1060
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, Zach Orr is exploring a potential comeback to the NFL, but not with the Ravens, but as a free agent.

Wouldn't mind having him back, but I wonder what happened to his neck issue, which had to force him to retire just 3-4 months ago.
_________________
Ravens 2017 feat. Flaccid Flaccos speedsters and Dean Peas softies
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11261
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tony Jefferson‏Verified account @_tonyjefferson 24m24 minutes ago

Yoo @ZO35 ... need me to pick u up or what ? 👀 👀 👀


Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
M.10.E


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 1693
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If our doctors won't clear him, then I'm fine with him going to another team.

If our doctors do clear him...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KiddKillah


Joined: 07 Nov 2007
Posts: 2567
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the media reported the Lions will be his first visit, that told me all I need to know about the Ravens interest in him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 11998
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
When the media reported the Lions will be his first visit, that told me all I need to know about the Ravens interest in him.


Our doctors are basically the ones who told him to retire, so I doubt they clear him based on other doctors opinions. If they would, of course, we'd be interested.

He's just got to find one team that gives the OK.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drd23


Moderator
Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Posts: 5533
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
He's just got to find one team that gives the OK.

I'd be surprised if that was any team tbh. Just think of the potential fallout if a team signed him and then his injured his neck further (or even worse, became paralysed).

Even if Zach signed a waiver absolving the team of any and all responsibility, I can't imagine the NFL would want the bad PR that would go with such an event given all the other issues they have with player welfare (concussions, opioids etc)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11261
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 34m34 minutes ago
More
Ravens waived-injured DB Daniel Henry and put OL Jermaine Eluemunor on non-football injury list.


Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 33m33 minutes ago
More
They also placed WR Aaron Bailey and DE Patrick Ricard on physically unable to perform list.


Don't need that for Eluemunor. He needs more practice/developing than the average prospect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 1060
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 34m34 minutes ago
More
Ravens waived-injured DB Daniel Henry and put OL Jermaine Eluemunor on non-football injury list.


Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 33m33 minutes ago
More
They also placed WR Aaron Bailey and DE Patrick Ricard on physically unable to perform list.


Don't need that for Eluemunor. He needs more practice/developing than the average prospect.


This might an attempt to keep him as a complete unknown, so we can stash him on the practice squad without the fear of other teams latching on to him?
_________________
Ravens 2017 feat. Flaccid Flaccos speedsters and Dean Peas softies
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11261
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
This might an attempt to keep him as a complete unknown, so we can stash him on the practice squad without the fear of other teams latching on to him?


I doubt it. If a team liked Eluemunor as a draft prospect then it doesn't really matter what the Ravens to to "hide" him. We're only four months past the draft. I think it would be foolish to cut Jermaine and try to stash him on the practice squad.

And apparently Eluemunor is now off the list. Nothing to see here. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paraven


Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Posts: 261
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Danand wrote:
This might an attempt to keep him as a complete unknown, so we can stash him on the practice squad without the fear of other teams latching on to him?


I doubt it. If a team liked Eluemunor as a draft prospect then it doesn't really matter what the Ravens to to "hide" him. We're only four months past the draft. I think it would be foolish to cut Jermaine and try to stash him on the practice squad.

And apparently Eluemunor is now off the list. Nothing to see here. Laughing


Yea i think he just failed the conditioning test, but has since passed it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 52 of 53

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group