You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets releasing WR Eric Decker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
Former NY Jets' WR Eric Decker is meeting today with the Tennessee Titans, as @fhnixon said. Tennessee had appeal to Decker family.

Per Schefter

Not surprising as he loves and lives in the area. Also his wife being a country singer. Could just be checking in on him in case of an injury. Can't lie though, a healthy Decker(if), Matthews, Davis, and Taylor is a huge upgrade from Matthews, Sharpe, Wright, and Douglas.

have the Titans given up on Tajae Sharpe?

I heard great things about him last offseason.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
Former NY Jets' WR Eric Decker is meeting today with the Tennessee Titans, as @fhnixon said. Tennessee had appeal to Decker family.

Per Schefter

Not surprising as he loves and lives in the area. Also his wife being a country singer. Could just be checking in on him in case of an injury. Can't lie though, a healthy Decker(if), Matthews, Davis, and Taylor is a huge upgrade from Matthews, Sharpe, Wright, and Douglas.

He had a great offseason, but really didn't impress this past season. Sub 50% catch rate. Couldn't get separation. Much better as a #4 or so now, imo.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:

Per Schefter

Blah player and obviously didn't deserve the hype last offseason. Limited athlete who can't get separation. Was even more below average as the year went on.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:

Per Schefter

Blah player and obviously didn't deserve the hype last offseason. Limited athlete who can't get separation. Was even more below average as the year went on.

Started off strong in the season opener (7 for 76 i believe), got concussed in that game, havent seen much of him since.

2015 Adopt-A-Titan:
Marcus Mariota
Byron Stingily
SammyBradwater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:

Per Schefter

Isn't he also the one in legal trouble right now for beating a dude in an alley and giving him brain damage or something?
renndawg37

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammyBradwater wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:

Per Schefter

Isn't he also the one in legal trouble right now for beating a dude in an alley and giving him brain damage or something?

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2017/05/10/tajae-sharpe-titans-teammate-accused-assault-nashville-mans-lawsuit/101532332/
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Rapoport reporting we signed Decker to a one year contract Cool
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
Crickett

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Titans really aren't messing around at WR this year.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good signing for the titans though I have to wonder how healthy decker actually is.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
PapaShogun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this move. Excited to see what the Titans can do next year. Mariota just needs to stay healthy.

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. This sucks.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good addition by the Titans. He is a solid #2 WR.

Still 2nd best team in AFC South behind the Jags.

^^el ramster^^
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Texans are the best team until proven otherwise

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crickett wrote:
The Titans really aren't messing around at WR this year.

Very similar path to what the Raiders did for DC, except a yeat later in the process.

Drafted Davis in the top 5 - Amari Cooper - I think Cooper is clearly the better prospect but both guys have ridiculous potential (with Cooper already proving that right).

Signed Eric Decker - Michael Crabtree. Both guys had highs and lows whether it be injuries or down years because of QB play, whatever. You could argue that Decker was better than Crabtree at the same time, at least in production.

Both teams also made it a priority to get a top tier OL though the Titans might be better served long term because they've drafted their talented guys instead of free agency (besides Jackson) they also look to have the tackle spots figured out long term.

Either way I really like the idea, give Mariota a ton of weapons and keep him protected and he'll reach his ridiculous ceiling and a ton of good things will follow. Some might think Decker is over the hill because of injuries but I think he has the potential in that situation to have a Crabtree like impact of being just a rock solid number 2 that sometimes blurs the line of who the best WR is (mostly because the other is young and learning). They also have Walker too. All of this is why I have the Titans as my breakout team in the AFC. And similar reasons why I have Tampa in the NFC. It seems simple to surround your young QB with talented pass catchers but there are numerous examples of teams never figuring it out or failing to put the right pieces around. Sometimes people expect your highly drafted QB to be a franchise QB and those guys are supposed to elevate everyone, but that's the long term idea, in the short term I want my young QB to have weapons to grow with.

The poster formally known as LivingLegendWFC
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Texans are the best team until proven otherwise

Honestly I'm not sure the Texans proved they were the best team in the division last year, tbh. Division was a total crapshoot. Texans have a nice defense but until they can show they are capable of fielding a capable offense, I don't think they really have a better chance at the division than the other 3. It's a division where I think any team could win it... and then go no where in the playoffs.

Nacho Simulation Football League

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: