You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Does Floyd's moon have too dark of a side...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cckoonie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna guess we pink slip Floyd.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cckoonie wrote:

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
cckoonie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

cckoonie wrote:

I couldn't help myself. Laughing
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
Someone did the math and it is impossible to drink enough Kombucha to get that much alcohol. You will vomit WAY before that point just from the shear volume of liquid.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
wcblack34

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:
Someone did the math and it is impossible to drink enough Kombucha to get that much alcohol. You will vomit WAY before that point just from the shear volume of liquid.

This sounds like a challenge....

“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
vikesfan89

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hear I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. He passed every test for 90 days, I wonder what changed
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I don't care for the kombucha excuse, or whatever it ends up being. He is a pro athlete in a league that does not allow alcohol or drug offenses or the use of PED's. As a professional in this league, you have to know what you put in your body and what it has in it. If you have an alcohol related offense, you just don't put anything in you that has alcohol involved. Near beer? He knows no. It would be protein shakes, water, and sports drinks. It's the same way that eating a brownie and not knowing it has pot in it isn't not a valid excuse. I should it a mistake? Yes. Did you have intent? No. But you ate ingested something and you didn't know what wasn't in it, thus it is your fault. As an aviator, I get drug tested constantly, and in order to maintain an FAA flight physical, I cannot have certain substances, or consume certain things. It's just part of the game, and it's why I don't ingest anything that could have any possibility of being prohibited... because I want to keep my job.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold, a Pale Horse...

And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

NSDQ
Vikes_Bolts1228

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthCountryEvo wrote:
Honestly, I don't care for the kombucha excuse, or whatever it ends up being.

The "I didn't know" excuse is the single most played out and most ridiculous excuses in sports.

You have these high-level athletes who are constantly surrounded by the world's best doctors, trainers, and other support staff and you mean to tell me these bozos don't consider asking someone "Hey, will this new supplement or beverage I'm going to take get me popped for PEDs?"
Dolmonite26

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys do realize this young man has a dangerous addiction and it seems to be pretty determined to destroy his life, so you know maybe....do not judge and you will not be judged....just saying.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolmonite26 wrote:
You guys do realize this young man has a dangerous addiction and it seems to be pretty determined to destroy his life, so you know maybe....do not judge and you will not be judged....just saying.

I don't think he can help it and should rather look for professional help.

if Floyd were to be suspended again (and at that point it wouldn't matter for us since he'd likely be cut), but he'd be looking at a 4 game suspension (grand total of 6 games lost this year), right?

this is assuming he was already getting a 2 game suspension*

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
On June 10, 2017, Michael watched movies at his place of residence until 3:00 a.m. During that time, he drank several bottles of kombucha tea drinks, unaware that the drinks contain alcohol.

umm... he drank several bottles and didn't notice it was alcoholic?

OK, buddy....

I drank one before and until now, had absolutely no idea that it contained any alcohol. It didn't really cross my mind that it was possible even though it makes sense considering it's a fermented drink, but it was right next to the other sodas at the Whole Foods.

Now, that doesn't necessarily excuse him, but I find his explanation somewhat reasonable, considering in my 20s, I had the habit of drinking up to 6 liters a day of Mountain Dew (I quit cold turkey in my late 20s and have had maybe a handful of Dews since). And since Kombuchas aren't exactly regulated all that closely, can we truly trust what the people say in regards to it's alcohol content?

In fact, the more articles I read about it, I actually think it's quite possible that he might be telling the truth.

Thx to Lil Uno!
Dolmonite26

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
On June 10, 2017, Michael watched movies at his place of residence until 3:00 a.m. During that time, he drank several bottles of kombucha tea drinks, unaware that the drinks contain alcohol.

umm... he drank several bottles and didn't notice it was alcoholic?

OK, buddy....

I drank one before and until now, had absolutely no idea that it contained any alcohol. It didn't really cross my mind that it was possible even though it makes sense considering it's a fermented drink, but it was right next to the other sodas at the Whole Foods.

Now, that doesn't necessarily excuse him, but I find his explanation somewhat reasonable, considering in my 20s, I had the habit of drinking up to 6 liters a day of Mountain Dew (I quit cold turkey in my late 20s and have had maybe a handful of Dews since). And since Kombuchas aren't exactly regulated all that closely, can we truly trust what the people say in regards to it's alcohol content?

In fact, the more articles I read about it, I actually think it's quite possible that he might be telling the truth.

You might have missed it but someone did the math on how much you would have to drink to get blood content that Floyd had and its pretty much physically impossible to do.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
Floyd says the accusations are completely false, yet he says the test came back positive because he draft Kombucha tea. So, which story is she going with?
Kombucha tea contains alcohol, which is no secret. Also, as the husband of an alcoholic, I've learned that it's very common among alcoholics to drink this tea because it has enough alcohol content to get them buzzed without the appearance of drinking alcohol.

Barring a very lenient court, I'd be surprised if Floyd doesn't find himself back in jail for failing to follow the rules of his house arrest and probation.

Heimdallr wrote:
Quote:
Bryan Kalbrosky of USA Today actually did the math to figure out exactly how much Kombucha it would have been necessary for Floyd to consume to attain the blood alcohol level that he did. The answer, not surprisingly, is “a whole lot.”

According to Kalbrosky’s story, the ABV (or alcohol by volume) of Kombucha is approximately 0.5%. For comparison, beer at the low end of the ABV scale sits at about 2%, so even the weakest beer you can find is about four times as strong as Kombucha.

Kalbrosky figured out how much Kombucha a person Floyd’s size (approximately 225 pounds) would have had to consume to get his BAC up to the .044 that Floyd registered on the low end of his tests. Using a blood alcohol calculator, he figured out that Floyd would have had to consume 384 ounces of Kombucha.

In an hour.

To help you visualize that a bit, picture a 24-pack of your favorite canned beverage, whether it’s beer or pop. . .yes, pop, not soda. . .or what have you. Now picture eight more cans on top of that. That’s 384 ounces. And, again, you’d have to do it in 60 minutes.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/6/16/15823372/kombucha-math-doesnt-work-minnesota-vikings-michael-floyd

These 2 things seem contradictory to me. Alcoholics wouldn't use it to get a buzz if it took that much. He's probably lying but there also could be variables we don't know about.
I don't know if it matters much though whether he was drinking Kambucha or he had 2 beers.
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't miss it. The issue I have with Mr. Kalbrosky's math is that he's basing the math on the low end of the possibility of alcohol in kombucha. The typical high end actually is 2.5% of alcohol by volume, which is stronger than what he indicates as the weakest beer (is that Natty Light, perchance?)

But, based on other reports, which brought the federal government into examining Whole Foods, the kombucha that was sold in Whole Foods initially tended to come in higher than that 2.5%, at which point it's supposed to be regulated as an alcoholic drink.

There are other variables as well, considering the time that it takes for shipping purposes could cause it to ferment longer, therefore making the alcohol even stronger than what's listed (since it's measured at the production point, not the store).

Again, I'm not excusing him completely since he should have known enough to at least ask about it in his position, but I can reasonably understand why it may not have crossed his mind that the possibility even existed, as it didn't exist in mine.

Thx to Lil Uno!
Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolmonite26 wrote:

I agree with you that none of us needs to judge him. Addiction is a disease, however, help for the disease is least effective when it is imposed by an external actor, i.e. the Vikings, or the NFL suspending him, or even court ordered treatment. In other words, addiction can be recovered from, but only if the addict wants it for him or herself. There is no gentle way, that I know of, for an addict to realize this, besides the harsh reality that he or she has made a mess of their life and they are going to die unless they get help. Only Floyd can decide to get help.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: