Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nate Sudfeld
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A TRAIN 89 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
A TRAIN 89 wrote:
Smart teams draft a developmental QB every 1-2 years in the late rounds. If he isn't showing any kind of progression, you cut him and draft another 4th-6th rounder.

Not sure what you mean here- last year we drafted one in round 6. Let's give him another year and see what we have. Is it a Mark Rypien type guy or as you say we look next year again

This year's QB class was shallow.
Round 5 Peterman
6 kaya
7 Kelly
That's it in 17 draft

My point is that successful organizations draft a developmental QB every few years and we should too. We already have our starter for the foreseeable (sorta) future. If Nate Sudfeld doesn't show improvement in 2-3 years, you dump him and move onto the next developmental QB that you draft in the later rounds.

I think we are in lockstep

I'm wit you bro Smile
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going All IN that we draft a QB next year...
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
What round?

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
What round?

1st if we don't sign Kirk for more than one (ungodly expensive and implausible) year.
3-4 even if we do. Yeah, that high.

I'm thinking even if we do sign Kirk, it will only be for 3 years. Because, IF we sign him he may take a bit less than he wants to get one more deal when the market starts to make his look more average. If Kyle keeps pulling good players to SF it will that much more alluring. That's a big reason why I hoped we could sign Terelle Pryor to more than a one-year deal. Personally, I would have paid Pryor Top WR salary in order to get him for 4 years. He's going to be a STUD. And would also help a Rookie if Allen is too stupid to sign Kirk to LTD.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
What round?

1st if we don't sign Kirk for more than one (ungodly expensive and implausible) year. 3-4 even if we do. Yeah, that high.

I'm thinking even if we do sign Kirk, it will only be for 3 years. Because, IF we sign him he may take a bit less than he wants to get one more deal when the market starts to make his look more average. If Kyle keeps pulling good players to SF it will that much more alluring. That's a big reason why I hoped we could sign Terelle Pryor to more than a one-year deal. Personally, I would have paid Pryor Top WR salary in order to get him for 4 years. He's going to be a STUD. And would also help a Rookie if Allen is too stupid to sign Kirk to LTD.
Pryor didn't want to sign a long term deal that wasn't going to pay him like a top wr, that's why he didn't sign Cleveland's long term offer because it was less than he thought it was worth. Instead he chose a one term prove it deal. To me, Kirk and Pryor are essentially in the same boat here, Pryor chose to come here because they both have something to prove and they both believe they will earn their long term deals - hopefully Kirk gets his before July 15th - but still, Pryor knows that Kirk and Jay can make him more $ on a new contract and that's why he came here. I'm hoping that we sign Kirk long term and then we sign Pryor long term next offseason or at worst franchise him.

I'm not sure we'll take a qb that high next year, a lot of that depends on what happens with Kirk and how well Sudfeld performs in training camp and preseason.

I feel if Kirk is truly gone after this season - and I don't think he will be - that Colt will be our stop gap starter until we groom a qb that we would draft next year. But if Kirk is back I don't even see us taking a mid round qb - just like this year - unless Sudfeld totally looks abysmal this preseason.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

I feel if Kirk is truly gone after this season - and I don't think he will be - that Colt will be our stop gap starter until we groom a qb that we would draft next year. But if Kirk is back I don't even see us taking a mid round qb - just like this year - unless Sudfeld totally looks abysmal this preseason.
Like he did last preseason? There's a good chance of that, and an equal chance he does show some improvement. I'm just not convinced that improvement is going to be enough to keep him until I see him make even the easy throws on the field during a game.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as our current group of morons running the show seem to want to [inappropriate/removed] on everything McCloughan did, I expect Sudfield won't make the final roster. We'll probably only carry 2 QBs this year.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Like he did last preseason? There's a good chance of that, and an equal chance he does show some improvement. I'm just not convinced that improvement is going to be enough to keep him until I see him make even the easy throws on the field during a game.
I thought he had a few good drives. I thought he threw a few TDs. You have to remember he was coming from a colleg spread offense. Developing into a west coast NFL offense is a process.

In 3 preseason games last year where he played about a half in each he was 53%, 238 yards and 3 TDs with 0 ints. It's certiany not earth shattering but he did flash some in the first time playing in a west coast offense.

DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I thought he had a few good drives. I thought he threw a few TDs. You have to remember he was coming from a colleg spread offense. Developing into a west coast NFL offense is a process.

In 3 preseason games last year where he played about a half in each he was 53%, 238 yards and 3 TDs with 0 ints. It's certiany not earth shattering but he did flash some in the first time playing in a west coast offense.

I don't care about the numbers. I saw WAY too many easy throws that looked worse than McNabb sliders to open WR's at short to medium range. I really don't want to see a Redskins QB playing like that again. It just looked like he had no control of his throws whatsoever.
If he improves and actually starts to look competent, I'll be very happy.
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Totally agree with Turtle here. He didn't look bad, especially considering he was a 6th round pick. Improvement this year on top of what we saw last year should solidify him staying put for another year and us not drafting a QB even though we will see how the draft unfolds. Maybe one of the talents falls to where we can't say no even if we have Cousins under long term contract.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Totally agree with Turtle here. He didn't look bad, especially considering he was a 6th round pick. Improvement this year on top of what we saw last year should solidify him staying put for another year and us not drafting a QB even though we will see how the draft unfolds. Maybe one of the talents falls to where we can't say no even if we have Cousins under long term contract.
exactly, let's not forget it took Cousins 4 and a half years to develop into the qb he's become and Colt Mccoy didn't exactly light it up in Cleveland. Colt wasn't a guy anyone saw having games like he did vs Dallas and Indy in 2014 back from 2010-2013 while in Cle & SF, all of a sudden he looks half way decent as a qb when Gruden gets a hold of him here. Give it a few years, Suds got the size and arm strength, he just had to learn the offense better, get more accurate and get more used to the speed of the game.

Marcus21

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to have his roster spot for a young guy like Holsey or Smithson. I hate caring 3 QBs. Lock up Kirk and let this dude ride the PS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
I would love to have his roster spot for a young guy like Holsey or Smithson. I hate caring 3 QBs. Lock up Kirk and let this dude ride the PS
You're litteraly traiding a inactive player each week for an inactive player. Holsey and Fish can go to the practice squad also.

If the Redskins want to cut Sudfeld it should be for a 4th RB, a 5th TE, a 7th DL, a 5th OLB or Everett as a special teams ace. They either need to use that spot for a guy who can play special teams, a RB they don't want to lose like Mack Brown who plays special teams, or both Carrier & Paul because of special teams and if Sprinkle isn't ready to play, or an extra DL that we can't keep on the top 45 for depth. If Sudfeld is gone, that spot should go to a vested vet, not another practice squad eligible player.

To me, if Sudfeld is gone I want the roster to look like this:

Qb: Cousins, McCoy
RB: Kelley, Thompson, Perine, Brown
TE: Reed, Davis, Paul, Sprinkle
WR: Pryor, Doctson, Crowder, Grant, Harris
LT: TW, Ty
LG: Lauvao, Kouandijo
C: Long, Roullier
RG: Scherff
RT: Moses, Painter

RDE: Allen, Lanier
NT: McGee, Taylor, Ioannidis
LDE: McClain, Hood

ROLB: Galette, Smith
RILB: Brown, Compton
LILB: Foster, Spaight
LOLB: Kerrigan, Anderson (Murphy to return week 5)

RCB: Norman, Dunbar
LCB: Breeland, Moreau
Slot: Fuller
SS: Cravens, Nicholson
FS: Swearinger, Hall

A TRAIN 89

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:

Agreed. From what many are saying at rookie mini-camp and OTAs, Holsey has impressed. With the amount of injuries our secondary has suffered, he would be a nice backup slot corner or end of the roster special teams contributor.

The current Redskins regime isn't high on Sudfeld, so he'd have to show marked improvement with his footwork, accuracy and decision-making to garner a roster spot. With Jay Gruden having more say on the roster, I'd imagine this training camp will decide his fate with this team.
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
You're litteraly traiding a inactive player each week for an inactive player. Holsey and Fish can go to the practice squad also.

If the Redskins want to cut Sudfeld it should be for a 4th RB, a 5th TE, a 7th DL, a 5th OLB or Everett as a special teams ace. They either need to use that spot for a guy who can play special teams, a RB they don't want to lose like Mack Brown who plays special teams, or both Carrier & Paul because of special teams and if Sprinkle isn't ready to play, or an extra DL that we can't keep on the top 45 for depth. If Sudfeld is gone, that spot should go to a vested vet, not another practice squad eligible player.

To me, if Sudfeld is gone I want the roster to look like this:

Qb: Cousins, McCoy
RB: Kelley, Thompson, Perine, Brown
TE: Reed, Davis, Paul, Sprinkle
WR: Pryor, Doctson, Crowder, Grant, Harris
LT: TW, Ty
LG: Lauvao, Kouandijo
C: Long, Roullier
RG: Scherff
RT: Moses, Painter

RDE: Allen, Lanier
NT: McGee, Taylor, Ioannidis
LDE: McClain, Hood

ROLB: Galette, Smith
RILB: Brown, Compton
LILB: Foster, Spaight
LOLB: Kerrigan, Anderson (Murphy to return week 5)

RCB: Norman, Dunbar
LCB: Breeland, Moreau
Slot: Fuller
SS: Cravens, Nicholson
FS: Swearinger, Hall

I disagree. Put Sudfield on the PS. If he gets poached by another team, no big lose. If a player like Holsey or Fish have good camps, I don't want to take a chance they get poached.
I would be shocked if Nicholson makes the 53 over Blackmon. That dude has a long way to go, and will most likely start the season on the pup list. It wouldn't surprise me if they put him in IR and red shirt him his first year.
I personally wouldn't waste a roster spot on Ziggy Hood. He was terrible last year and we have younger options with equal production like Mbu or Francis.
I think there will be a good camp battle between Mack Brown and Keith Marshall. I'm not sure Brown is a lock at this point. You can't coach speed.
I could be wrong but I think Robert Davis will make the 53.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: