Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Offseason thread 2: Shanny and Lynch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Counselor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Counselor wrote:
How has Kittle looked?

Already getting the most first team reps at TE. Possible he starts the year. Qbs are using him often.

Awesome

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
PapaShogun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
This better be one of the best defensive lines in the NFL in two years time. Would be a major disappointment if it wasn't. Wouldn't mind going defensive heavy next draft. Well, after we take Sam Darnold that is. Very Happy

If darnold is the best QB prospect and goes number 1, we have no shot. Jets got that locked up lol. They may go winless tbh. Start doing homework on allen and rosen lol
I'm hoping for the perfect storm. That the top three QB's do well enough that there isn't a consensus number 1. Also, that the 49ers are in striking distance to take at least the second QB off the board. And hopefully that QB is Darnold.

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
Fureys49ers wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
Forge wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
This better be one of the best defensive lines in the NFL in two years time. Would be a major disappointment if it wasn't. Wouldn't mind going defensive heavy next draft. Well, after we take Sam Darnold that is. Very Happy

If darnold is the best QB prospect and goes number 1, we have no shot. Jets got that locked up lol. They may go winless tbh. Start doing homework on allen and rosen lol

Everyone has those three rated right near the top of the draft - although in diffwrent ordDrs. The quwestion is - who are 4, 5 and 6, AND how far b=hind are they?

I'd say right now, those three are Rudolph, Falk and Mayfield. I wouldn't neccesarily put them in that order but those would be the next three in most people's minds. I'm actually intrigued by Francios from FSU and Ferguson from Memphis. They'll be the two I'm watching and paying attention to other than Darnold, Allen and Rosen.

I think outside of the top three Rudolph is the next guy. I haven't watched a bunch of the other guys to this point, and none of Ferguson to this point, but I'm sure there is going to be a guy that comes out of left field as there usually is. To me Rudolph has everything you look for physically in a franchise QB and throws a beautiful ball, where guy like Falk and Mayfield may lack in one department or the other (Mayfield/Size - Falk/Arm strength).

i remember looking forward to seeing falk play last year and then being really underwhelmed when i finally got to see one of his games. Love mayfield. And i said at least a couple times last year that browning might have the best head of any qb since luck - although the HGH idea might be necessary to make him a better prospect. I do think rudolph looks good enough to be a possible first rounder.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Forge wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:

Everyone has those three rated right near the top of the draft - although in diffwrent ordDrs. The quwestion is - who are 4, 5 and 6, AND how far b=hind are they?

Really depends on who you ask. There is one guy in the draft forum who has Falk as his number 2 guy overall. Most know from last year that I'm not a fan of his. Others are super high on Lamar Jackson, but I want to see his growth as a quarterback, and not just an athlete. I've read some articles where Rudolph was listed as high as #2, and I could have sworn I saw some website that listed him at #1.

There are also some late round guys that are going to get some pub. Max Browne is this year's jeff driskel - highly touted recruit, flamed out in his chance, and had to transfer. But he has all the physical traits, and will be playing for a Pitt team and offense that just turned Nate Peterman into a draftable NFL quarterback. Someone is going to take a chance on him.

Some people in here are big on Francois, though I think he'll really need to have a great season to lock in a high selection to declare since he's only a redshirt sophomore. Jake Browning is a smart kid, but I think his upside is super limited because he just doesn't have it physically. Also, will need to see him actually play well against decent competition - he feasted on poor teams last year and played poorly against any team with a pulse. Baker Mayfield is small, but I do like the way he spins the ball. There's some questions about the offense and defenses he plays (hello big xii), and now maybe some character issues to go along with that height issue.

Then you have the guys who really aren't household names but all have supporters, I'm sure. Stidham at Auburn, Ferguson at Memphis, Fitzgerald, Kyle Allen. I think I've seen people advocate for Rypien as well.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most everyone is waiting for this next season to really determine their preference of QBs. But if the draft were tomorrow and I was choosing my top 5 guys for our offense I'd put them as so:

1- Sam Darnold
2- Deondre Francois
3- Jake Browning
4- Josh Allen
5- Mason Rudolph

I watch a lot of pac12 and I'm not nearly as impressed with Rosen or Faulk as I am with Browning. Arm talent wise Browning is not awful he's just not great but that can develop.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Santa Rosa Press Democrat questions whether RE Arik Armstead will play on passing downs this season.
Beat writer Grant Cohn suggests Armstead could get subbed out in passing situations for Ahmad Brooks and/or Elvis Dumervil, effectively limiting Armstead to an early-down, run-stuffer role. DeForest Buckner and Solomon Thomas are expected to be San Francisco's defensive tackles in sub-packages. Under the Trent Baalke regime, Armstead was picked 17th overall in the 2015 draft.

holy crap Grant Cohn is so god damn stupid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
I think most everyone is waiting for this next season to really determine their preference of QBs. But if the draft were tomorrow and I was choosing my top 5 guys for our offense I'd put them as so:

1- Sam Darnold
2- Deondre Francois
3- Jake Browning
4- Josh Allen
5- Mason Rudolph

I watch a lot of pac12 and I'm not nearly as impressed with Rosen or Faulk as I am with Browning. Arm talent wise Browning is not awful he's just not great but that can develop.

I've never understood the love for Falk. Limited physically, plays a gimmicky system (which most know, I have declared a war on Laughing). He's a late round guy for me...will be way overdrafted for me.

That's without a doubt the highest I've seen anyone have on Browning. He strictly late round, 5-7 range flyer for me right now, but obviously will depend on what kind of growth we see throughout the year, I'm talking strictly going into the year.

Forge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMG1713 wrote:
Quote:
The Santa Rosa Press Democrat questions whether RE Arik Armstead will play on passing downs this season.
Beat writer Grant Cohn suggests Armstead could get subbed out in passing situations for Ahmad Brooks and/or Elvis Dumervil, effectively limiting Armstead to an early-down, run-stuffer role. DeForest Buckner and Solomon Thomas are expected to be San Francisco's defensive tackles in sub-packages. Under the Trent Baalke regime, Armstead was picked 17th overall in the 2015 draft.

I'm not going to lie - I thought he would be subbed out as well after we signed Dumervil.

Geek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yall sleeping too much on Rosen. If he fixes that deep ball accuracy then he'll be right up their with Darnold.
Forge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geek wrote:
Yall sleeping too much on Rosen. If he fixes that deep ball accuracy then he'll be right up their with Darnold and Allen

FIxed the bolded for you Wink Laughing

I like Rosen...he's number 3 for me, but a top 10 overall type right now. He's been a little underwhelming, but thats based mostly on season one being a freshman, and season two he was hurt, so I'm not going to slam him for that. I think a lot of the issue is that when people are watching him, its mostly last year when he had a shoulder issue. Didn't have the same zip on his passes. If he's underwhelming this year without injury though, that's a concern (and if he gets hurt again, if it's the shoulder, that's a flag).

I think (somewhat unfairly), he's going to be dinged by some nfl people for the maturity / brashness thing. It's just going to rub some people the wrong way, and if you have three guys very close in grade (Rosen, Darnold, Allen), I woudln't be shocked at all that teams would bypass one who does have some question regarding that for the other two (obviously if you're much higher on Rosen, you should still take him over the other two).

Right now, however, depending on the draft order, I am not surprised at all if they go 1, 2, 3 in any given order.

Geek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Geek wrote:
Yall sleeping too much on Rosen. If he fixes that deep ball accuracy then he'll be right up their with Darnold and Allen

I like Rosen...he's number 3 for me, but a top 10 overall type right now. He's been a little underwhelming, but thats based mostly on one, season one he was a freshman, and season two he was hurt, so I'm not going to slam him for that. I think a lot of the issue is that when people are watching him, its mostly last year when he had a shoulder issue. Didn't have the same zip on his passes. If he's underwhelming this year without injury though, that's a concern (and if he gets hurt again, if it's the shoulder, that's a flag).

I think (somewhat unfairly), he's going to be dinged by some nfl people for the maturity / brashness thing. It's just going to rub some people the wrong way, and if you have three guys very close in grade (Rosen, Darnold, Allen), I woudln't be shocked at all that teams would bypass one who does have some question regarding that for the other two (obviously if you're much higher on Rosen, you should still take him over the other two).

Right now, however, depending on the draft order, I am not surprised at all if they go 1, 2, 3 in any given order.

I'm still not seeing the Allen hype. He's good and I probably would have taken him over Trubisky this year, but Darnold and Rosen seem to be on another level for me. They both have that it factor that really pops out on tape.

On initial viewing, I didn't even like Rosen that much. It wasn't until I watched the 2015 tape that I got excited. He throws so smooth and with so little effort, you could see him becoming an Aaron Rodgers type if he manages to reach his ceiling. I agree he needs a good year this year to solidify his status though. If he can't manage to show up in big games and play consistently then he's definitely going to drop in my rankings. That said I don't see any reason why he won't excel this year and really show us what he's got.

As far as the maturity thing goes, I don't think it's going to be that big of a deal in our evaluations for us. He's outspoken politically, but he isn't an [inappropriate/removed] to his teammates and they still seem to see him as a leader. And frankly, for an outspoken liberal, San Fransisco is probably one of the best cities he could land in, in the entire country.

That being said all this evaluating and discussions about QB's will probably be a waste when we sign Kirk next year Laughing
Forge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geek wrote:
Forge wrote:
Geek wrote:

I like Rosen...he's number 3 for me, but a top 10 overall type right now. He's been a little underwhelming, but thats based mostly on one, season one he was a freshman, and season two he was hurt, so I'm not going to slam him for that. I think a lot of the issue is that when people are watching him, its mostly last year when he had a shoulder issue. Didn't have the same zip on his passes. If he's underwhelming this year without injury though, that's a concern (and if he gets hurt again, if it's the shoulder, that's a flag).

I'm still not seeing the Allen hype. He's good and I probably would have taken him over Trubisky this year, but Darnold and Rosen seem to be on another level for me. They both have that it factor that really pops out on tape.

On initial viewing, I didn't even like Rosen that much. It wasn't until I watched the 2015 tape that I got excited. He throws so smooth and with so little effort, you could see him becoming an Aaron Rodgers type if he manages to reach his ceiling. I agree he needs a good year this year to solidify his status though. If he can't manage to show up in big games and play consistently then he's definitely going to drop in my rankings. That said I don't see any reason why he won't excel this year and really show us what he's got.

As far as the maturity thing goes, I don't think it's going to be that big of a deal in our evaluations for us. He's outspoken politically, but he isn't an [inappropriate/removed] to his teammates and they still seem to see him as a leader. And frankly, for an outspoken liberal, San Fransisco is probably one of the best cities he could land in, in the entire country.

That being said all this evaluating and discussions about QB's will probably be a waste when we sign Kirk next year Laughing

Allen is typically not the type of prospect I love...I'm a guy who just wants to hit doubles in the first round and then try to hit the home runs later. That's the exact opposite of what Allen is Laughing But he has the most upside out those three, and he can make (and will make) throws that the other two can't or won't. There are two throws he made against Boise St last year on the sideline that were probably the best throws I saw anyone make all year just because of the windows he threw into. They were sick. On the run, he's better than both at making plays with his arm. Better athlete than people think and he can absolutely save some plays with his legs.

That being said, he has the biggest red flags regarding on the field play. His decision making is sketchy as all get out. The accuracy I'm not super concerned with - a lot of passes bounced off receivers hands last year (I can remember 2 ints that were due to this, and another that was tipped by a linebacker), so he may have to work on his touch more so than actual accuracy (plus, his offensive line is not ideal and he was under a lot of duress last year). Ball placement is not always great, but the same could be said for Rosen as well. I think that's just something all quarterbacks can constantly work on to get better. I think it could get better, but it's not a super duper red flag for me right now. A lot of people say he's a gunslinger, which is true to an extent, but I don't want Brett Favre out of him...I want Big Ben. I think he can do that and can be that with good coaching.

burlow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice little article on Taylor, like his attitude towards the game.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/article/49ers-draft-pick-Trent-Taylor-a-short-receiver-11231429.php
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

1- Sam Darnold
2- Deondre Francois
3- Jake Browning
4- Josh Allen
5- Mason Rudolph

I've never understood the love for Falk. Limited physically, plays a gimmicky system (which most know, I have declared a war on Laughing). He's a late round guy for me...will be way overdrafted for me.

That's without a doubt the highest I've seen anyone have on Browning. He strictly late round, 5-7 range flyer for me right now, but obviously will depend on what kind of growth we see throughout the year, I'm talking strictly going into the year.

2 or 3 inches and about 20 pounds should do it for me. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
AMG1713 wrote:
Quote:

I'm not going to lie - I thought he would be subbed out as well after we signed Dumervil.

Why not both him and Buckner as our interior rushers on passing downs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 71 of 73

Jump to: