You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OFFSEASON NEWS:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetFancyMoses

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
Jlash wrote:
Any word on how Collins has looked at RT so far?

Not specifically as far as I know, but seeing that they continue to start him at RT and just moved his biggest challenger(Green) to LG, I figured he was doing enough to hold his own.

They aren't in pads yet though, so what can you really tell anyway? That he looks the part and is athletic in drills? We knew he was that, coming out of college.

There was a report on BtB that he and Zach Martin look like they have great chemistry. The two are both really athletic which has created some opportunity that wasnt there with Free.

I'm sure Linehan's eyes light up to the thought of pulling Martin and Collins.
TVScout

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collins has great athleticism. I just hope he can anchor. Free was getting rag dolled and bull rushed.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It doesn’t happen often when working against Tyron Smith, but give Damontre Moore some credit for the jump that he got off the snap to beat Smith around the corner for a sack. Moore was able to time it perfectly and was up the field as Smith was scrambling out of his stance with no chance to defend. Moore has been the one end that understands that to have any type of success against Smith, you can’t let him get his hands on you. Moore will duck, dodge and dive on his rushes to give himself a chance

Quote:
Catch of the Day came from Brice Butler on a slant where he totally exploded away from Leon McFadden. When Butler pushed off his right foot at the top of the route, McFadden had no chance. Kellen Moore threw a dart as Butler snatched the ball on the move. I thought this was another one of those practices where Butler showed up, proving that he’s not going away quietly. Someone is going to have to take his job.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2017/06/07/scouts-notebook-praise-brice-butler-o-line-combinations-more
Calvert28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be so nice if we found a diamond in the rough with Moore. But more importantly if both Green and Collins could hold down their respective positions.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit I really expected Moore to be gone come the regular season...still early, but...

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2017/06/16/scout’s-notebook-minicamp-standouts-jaylon-smith’s-outlook-more?sf89422232=1

Quote:
Best Free Agent Pickup

If the season started this weekend, Damontre Moore would likely be your starter at right end. There were questions about his work ethic and attitude but he has come in and worked extremely hard to earn a spot on this roster. The majority of Moore’s work has come against Tyron Smith, which is never easy, but he’s been more than up to the challenge. He’s even accepted a role on the special teams and lined up as a standup linebacker/pass rusher.

^^^El Rammy
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
I have to admit I really expected Moore to be gone come the regular season...still early, but...

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2017/06/16/scout’s-notebook-minicamp-standouts-jaylon-smith’s-outlook-more?sf89422232=1

Quote:
Best Free Agent Pickup

If the season started this weekend, Damontre Moore would likely be your starter at right end. There were questions about his work ethic and attitude but he has come in and worked extremely hard to earn a spot on this roster. The majority of Moore’s work has come against Tyron Smith, which is never easy, but he’s been more than up to the challenge. He’s even accepted a role on the special teams and lined up as a standup linebacker/pass rusher.

Maybe the light upstairs finally came on for him. If so, Dallas may have gotten themselves a huge steal.

Kiltman on the sig & avy
DaBoys

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

Quote:
Best Free Agent Pickup

Moore was the reason I took T_O7's sig bet about Ivey making the final 53. Although it appears they like Ivey more than I anticipated, I didn't see then, and I don't see now, how both Ivey and Moore can make the final 53. Just a numbers game. We won't keep but 8 or 9 DL.

1. Taco DE
2. DLaw DE
3. Collins DT
4. Irving DL
5. Crawford DL
6. Mayowa DE
7. Paea DT
8. Thornton DT

If Moore keeps it up then he will be the 9th DL, and the 4th DE. Except it sounds like he is working his way up further than that.

We have needed edge rushers badly for the last 3 years now. If Moore keeps the right attitude(which is easier now that he is back in Texas) then he has to make the team over an interrior DT that is buried in depth.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's our DL (plus Moore), I'd argue it's the best we've had in a long time, at least on paper.

^^^El Rammy
CAPJ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Quote:
Best Free Agent Pickup

Moore was the reason I took T_O7's sig bet about Ivey making the final 53. Although it appears they like Ivey more than I anticipated, I didn't see then, and I don't see now, how both Ivey and Moore can make the final 53. Just a numbers game. We won't keep but 8 or 9 DL.

1. Taco DE
2. DLaw DE
3. Collins DT
4. Irving DL
5. Crawford DL
6. Mayowa DE
7. Paea DT
8. Thornton DT

If Moore keeps it up then he will be the 9th DL, and the 4th DE. Except it sounds like he is working his way up further than that.

We have needed edge rushers badly for the last 3 years now. If Moore keeps the right attitude(which is easier now that he is back in Texas) then he has to make the team over an interrior DT that is buried in depth.

You don't think Tapper makes the team?
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAPJ wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Quote:
Best Free Agent Pickup

1. Taco DE
2. DLaw DE
3. Collins DT
4. Irving DL
5. Crawford DL
6. Mayowa DE
7. Paea DT
8. Thornton DT

Guessing DB simply forgot about Tapper. Which tightens up the competition even more. Nice problem to have.

I'm still thinking DLaw is going end up as odd man out assuming injury bug stays away. Maybe Dallas can find a trade partner.

Kiltman on the sig & avy
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
If that's our DL (plus Moore), I'd argue it's the best we've had in a long time, at least on paper.

Which is really sad, if you ask me. That list isn't going to strike fear in the eyes of any team other than perhaps the Jets and Browns.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Which is really sad, if you ask me. That list isn't going to strike fear in the eyes of any team other than perhaps the Jets and Browns.

Laughing

I mean...Collins should free up our edge guys a little.

^^^El Rammy
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

The Giants are probably concerned with any team that has a defensive line, so we're good there

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
You're the Tony Romo we never deserved.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAPJ wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Quote:
Best Free Agent Pickup

1. Taco DE
2. DLaw DE
3. Collins DT
4. Irving DL
5. Crawford DL
6. Mayowa DE
7. Paea DT
8. Thornton DT

Embarassed
CAPJ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
CAPJ wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Quote:
Best Free Agent Pickup

1. Taco DE
2. DLaw DE
3. Collins DT
4. Irving DL
5. Crawford DL
6. Mayowa DE
7. Paea DT
8. Thornton DT

Embarassed

I could easily see us keeping 10 DL. The flexibility in the secondary is a bonus that could help us have extra spots somewhere else on the roster.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 54 of 57

Jump to: