You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2018 - The Year of the Quarterback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How Many 1st Round QB's in 2018 ???
One
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Two
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Three
20%
 20%  [ 16 ]
Four
40%
 40%  [ 32 ]
Five
15%
 15%  [ 12 ]
Six
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Seven
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Eight
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
More than Eight
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Blank - I just want to see the results
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 79

tannenballs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Rosen

Those that have watched him, what games did you do? I did A&M and BYU. I have to agree with reports, looked like his shoulder was bothering him all season. I went and watched a few throws from his freshman year and the velocity was noticeably different. I have him a tier below Darnold/Allen at this point. Put a late 2 on him
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
Re: Rosen

Those that have watched him, what games did you do? I did A&M and BYU. I have to agree with reports, looked like his shoulder was bothering him all season. I went and watched a few throws from his freshman year and the velocity was noticeably different. I have him a tier below Darnold/Allen at this point. Put a late 2 on him

Apparently his arm looked solid during spring practice where he showed no signs of a lingering shoulder problem. His velocity was right back to where it was as a freshman. Now we will just have to wait to see on how mature he is as a leader of men. If that checks out, he is a sure fire high 1st rounder.
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here a look at the 2017 crop through Chad Reuter's eyes.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000806319/article/next-men-up-top-qb-talents-in-cfb-pipeline-for-2017

A scouting report on Josh Allen:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000814722/article/first-look-scouting-wyoming-qb-josh-allen

Another scouting report on Sam Darnold:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000813121/article/first-look-scouting-usc-qb-sam-darnold
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Jalen Hurts an NFL QB or will he have to switch positions?

My top QBs this year are Darnold and Falk. I like Rosen and Jackson, but the other two I think will be clearly better.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

He's not draft eligible for 2018. I would say it's too early to judge but based on what I watched in the spring game he's consistently improving and should be considered a QB going forward.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

He's not draft eligible for 2018. I would say it's too early to judge but based on what I watched in the spring game he's consistently improving and should be considered a QB going forward.

Thanks.

I'm not too big into CFB but when I turned an Alabama game on, I thought he was a RB. I was shocked to see him line up at QB, and even then I thought it was a wildcat playcall Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its clear from the comments here that, Jarrett Stidham is the most Under-Rated QB Prospect coming into this season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go as high as Top 10.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSCOUT wrote:
Its clear from the comments here that, Jarrett Stidham is the most Under-Rated QB Prospect coming into this season.

I wouldn't use this thread to gauge a players stock. Most people haven't watched too many players. I haven't watched more than 5-6 QB's from this group. I haven't done any work on Stidham.
tannenballs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSCOUT wrote:

He hasn't played in a year..
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSCOUT wrote:

He's a very talented prospect, but we need to see a lot more before he can enter the round 1 discussion, nevermind the top 10 group.

Based on shear talent, he a top 10 QB for the upcoming draft, but he will need a sensational final season to move up among the top 4 to 6 who are all potential 1st rounders, but it could happen, just have to wait and see.
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
TheSCOUT wrote:

I wouldn't use this thread to gauge a players stock. Most people haven't watched too many players. I haven't watched more than 5-6 QB's from this group. I haven't done any work on Stidham.

Nor have I. It's still so very early.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
TheSCOUT wrote:

Nor have I. It's still so very early.

Way, way too early to pass any real judgement on a prospect, players can make huge improvements in their performance year to year as they mature as players, while other standstill and show no improvements from their previous performances, that's why each season can bring huge surprises or huge disappointments. Just have to wait and see how each prospect handles another year of experience and maturing.

Add in teams that are loaded with talent which had to sit behind another star before they got any chance to play serious minutes until this coming season and it can be guaranteed that their will be massive changes in rankings before all is said and done.
tannenballs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Auburn's spring game and I'm more looking forward to seeing Stidham in 2017 than Rosen.
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
I watched Auburn's spring game and I'm more looking forward to seeing Stidham in 2017 than Rosen.

As I previously said, Stidham is certainly a pro prospect worth following this coming season, but Rosen throws a beautiful ball with almost perfect arm motion and power, only occassionly seen in the last decade. Of course there are huge question marks about his intangibles which will decide his fate in the draft, but his overall talent is special IMO and I hope he can prove that his intangibles are solid, because it would be a huge waste of talent if he is found wanting..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: