Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Total Control Keeper League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding more position grades.

Running back is probably the most skewed one outside of quarterback, which I haven't posted yet, because it doesn't include receiving stats and for qb it doesn't include rushing stats. Nonetheless here are RB, Receiving, and Linebacker grades.

Running Back
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZuQv8jrwmgIPMMf-vcSSh5zshQR24EX0QOo1BH5AAPo/edit?usp=sharing

Receiving (WR & TE)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NYk6iay14sEWcchXJlSW7Hh8xlpi3pLVRjQ4y3AxV8E/edit?usp=sharing

LineBacker
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mIRoHU1xETrA5S1jC-uAHvcpAPj21vWavfRtEsZ42f0/edit?usp=sharing

Defensive Back
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RJ91AzOzk2d0TxJg1jHo19gcUJtaZE6fqMGXmYpKoWE/edit?usp=sharing

Will be adding more to this post later today.

Thanks IDOG_det
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
Little help please.

I'm looking into both offense and defensive schemes. The list that I'm finding with the most systems in place is wikipedia, they list out the following, however this list includes college schemes as well.

Does anyone have a link they could provide, or a list of just NFL schemes for both sides of the ball?

I need this to set up the win projection simulation.

current list:

Option offense
Run and shoot offense
Smashmouth offense
Air Coryell offense
Spread offense
West Coast offense

Defense:

4-3
3-4
5-2
4-4
3-3-5
46 defense
I would say offensively, Option offense isn't applicable to the NFL. If it would me I would break it up into 3 categories.

1) Type of Run Offense
-Power/Man
-Zone
-Flex (combination)

2) Type of Pass Offense
-Vertical
-West Coast
-Spread
-Play-action heavy

3) Weight on run vs. pass
-Run Heavy (60% run?)
-Pass Heavy (60% pass?)
-Balanced

As far as defense, 4-3, 3-4, and maybe 46 are the only pertinent offenses to a base system. I think Nickel should be included though too as roughly 2/3rds of the game are played in the nicke

I would assume most teams either run a 2-4-5 (base 3-4 defense with DEs on the inside and OLBs on the edge), a 4-2-5 (base 4-3 with one LB removed. Maybe an option to have someone else subbed in at DE), and a 3-3-5

EDIT
This is solid for offensive formations
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1659751-identifying-every-nfl-teams-base-offense

Thanks Tats appreciate the info.

I like what you're suggesting, however my knowledge is limited in this area. The main purpose for this would be to determine how many star players at each position would be needed to run each scheme. For example, if you're running a power/man vs zone is there a greater need for dual TE or a FB? Or is your passing game is west coast is the need greater to have 4 wide outs vs the play action?
Gotcha. Man, those are tough questions to answer. I would say if you are going spread your 3rd and 4th WR are more important, if you are going power your TE is more important. But it is more specific than that... In any offense you want great guard play, but you'd lean towards run blocking types if you are a power scheme and pass blocking types if you are pass heavy. This is a big project you are trying to take on!

#1 ET Supporter
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tats

I'm not trying to get too overly complicated with this project. Actually simple is good here.

For example, in a 43 defense the basic formation is two DE and two DT with one inside linebacker. In the 34, you drop to one DT and add a backer inside.

Getting offensive lineman involved would be a huge undertaking and something I don't believe any 3 people would agree upon. Using profootball focus grading we could determine if they are better run or pass blockers but that's about it.

I'm just looking for base package lineups, offensively we know that all formations use 5 OL, QB, RB so we just need to determine the other 4 positions based on the scheme picked.

Thanks IDOG_det
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
Tats

I'm not trying to get too overly complicated with this project. Actually simple is good here.

For example, in a 43 defense the basic formation is two DE and two DT with one inside linebacker. In the 34, you drop to one DT and add a backer inside.

Getting offensive lineman involved would be a huge undertaking and something I don't believe any 3 people would agree upon. Using profootball focus grading we could determine if they are better run or pass blockers but that's about it.

I'm just looking for base package lineups, offensively we know that all formations use 5 OL, QB, RB so we just need to determine the other 4 positions based on the scheme picked.
I'd just make it really simple then. No need to name it

Offensively the options would be:
12 personnel (1 RB, 2TE)
21 personnel (2 RB, 1 TE)
11 personnel (1 RB, 1 TE)
10 personnel (1 RB, 0 TE)

Defensively:
3-4
4-3
3-3

#1 ET Supporter
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking "applications" for the position of commish.

Message me if interested.

Thanks IDOG_det
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent out a couple messages to some of our members but I like keeping everyone in the loop. I figure the more eyes looking at things the better, as it brings debate that can find issues with the suggestions, and ultimately produce a better product.

This topic is aimed at a possible schedule of events. The schedule for this keeper will be a difficult one as long as the plan is to continue to run the original version of Total Control GM Mock Draft. This new keeper could ultimately replace the original version simply because of scheduling conflicts but for now I'd like to keep both.

The original version would need to be shifted up to an earlier date, perhaps taking place late february, rather than late march / early april.

With that being said, I'm thinking that this keeper league to start early to mid April with the free agency bidding. Once the IRL draft is completed, we run the draft for the keeper. Allowing us to have a better idea of the true value of the draft prospects. Another option would be similar to what BDL did with their draft in that we run the first and maybe the second round of the draft pre IRL draft and the later rounds after the IRL draft. Either way we do this I'm fine with but unless I hear otherwise the plan is to run the complete draft after the IRL draft.

Teams would be allowed to carry a 90 man roster all the way through the IRL pre season, at which time teams would be required to trim down to a 75 man roster. From there things get a bit tricky. We could either do a quarterly or halftime weekly event where teams are required to trim down to a 53 man roster, free agency would be reopened during these weeks for roster changes because of injury or performance, to include trades for the first quarter only. Teams would also be allowed to chase practice squad players during these active weeks during the IRL season.

Post IRL super bowl, we would start our simulation of the season to determine Total Control's season winners and standings to determine draft order. This would wrap up in february with roughly 2 to 3 weeks to prepare for the following year, while the original TCM is taking place.

Definitely a lot to think about especially when considering the amount of work that would be required during the february / march time frame.

Thanks IDOG_det

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: