You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Roster Moves
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLambert58

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
warfelg wrote:
Sounds like Senquez Golson is fighting an uphill battle to make the team.

Carnell Lake basically admitted he's going to have to show he can contribute on special teams:
http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2017/06/steelers_cb_senquez_golson.html#incart_river_index

While I don't disagree, I read that article a little differently. It seems to me as if they are treating him like a Rookie. Lake mentioned Golson was a 2nd Rd pick and that 2nd RD picks basically had to play STs. That seems like something you'd say about a Rookie not a 3rd year player. Gay is slowing down and Sensabaugh is nothing special. If Golson can't make this Roster of DBs he may need to think about a different line of work. Also, is Gay cuttable? I've never been a Salary Cap guy. I'd much rather the potential of Allen than what Gay offers. That may sound like a "Hot Take" and I don't want to exaggerate Gay's decline but the writing is on the wall to me and Allen could be a gem.

Burns
Cockrell
Golson/Sutton
Gay
*They either carry 6 CBs or gamble with Allen on the PS.

I think Lake and the coaching staff is looking at this like a "prove it" situation. They're not going to hand him anything at this point. That ship has sailed. "Show us something in the slot or on ST or you risk getting your a$$ cut." I think that's the message.

Can't imagine Gay gets cut this year with the amount of uncertainty at the position. He can probably play all 5 secondary positions in a pinch so that alone ensures he will make it, at the very least as a backup.

Seems as though they are viewing Sutton as an outside guy and likely would love to see him usurp Cockrell at LCB. IF that happened, Cockrell would be excellent depth backing up both CB spots. If Golson can actually be a player, ditto for Gay as depth in the slot.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
warfelg wrote:
Sounds like Senquez Golson is fighting an uphill battle to make the team.

Carnell Lake basically admitted he's going to have to show he can contribute on special teams:
http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2017/06/steelers_cb_senquez_golson.html#incart_river_index

While I don't disagree, I read that article a little differently. It seems to me as if they are treating him like a Rookie. Lake mentioned Golson was a 2nd Rd pick and that 2nd RD picks basically had to play STs. That seems like something you'd say about a Rookie not a 3rd year player. Gay is slowing down and Sensabaugh is nothing special. If Golson can't make this Roster of DBs he may need to think about a different line of work. Also, is Gay cuttable? I've never been a Salary Cap guy. I'd much rather the potential of Allen than what Gay offers. That may sound like a "Hot Take" and I don't want to exaggerate Gay's decline but the writing is on the wall to me and Allen could be a gem.

Burns
Cockrell
Golson/Sutton
Gay
*They either carry 6 CBs or gamble with Allen on the PS.

I think Lake and the coaching staff is looking at this like a "prove it" situation. They're not going to hand him anything at this point. That ship has sailed. "Show us something in the slot or on ST or you risk getting your a$$ cut." I think that's the message.

Can't imagine Gay gets cut this year with the amount of uncertainty at the position. He can probably play all 5 secondary positions in a pinch so that alone ensures he will make it, at the very least as a backup.

Seems as though they are viewing Sutton as an outside guy and likely would love to see him usurp Cockrell at LCB. IF that happened, Cockrell would be excellent depth backing up both CB spots. If Golson can actually be a player, ditto for Gay as depth in the slot.

my issue here is he doesn't like to tackle. Unless you can be a true shutdown CB, you must tackle . More of a liability because of this, but apparently there are no other options either Idea

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: