Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Breida

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the lone star

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Matt Breida Reply with quote

Sounds like this guy might have a leg up on Joe Williams so far. He's also 1.5 years younger than him too.

Have any of you all seen/scouted Breida? If so, what do you think?

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Matt Breida Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Sounds like this guy might have a leg up on Joe Williams so far. He's also 1.5 years younger than him too.

Only really watched highlights of him in college. Good news this time of year should be taken with a grain of salt, though. How a running back does when the pads are off and defenses aren't hitting him is not a great indicator of success. He could be the 4th or 5th back by the time the preseason opens.

Not to say we can't be hopeful. But he just strikes me as the least likely solution for RB woes right now.

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597
Forge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Matt Breida Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
the lone star wrote:

Only really watched highlights of him in college. Good news this time of year should be taken with a grain of salt, though. How a running back does when the pads are off and defenses aren't hitting him is not a great indicator of success. He could be the 4th or 5th back by the time the preseason opens.

Not to say we can't be hopeful. But he just strikes me as the least likely solution for RB woes right now.

Pretty much in line with y2. I don't think that he's got a leg up on anyone at the running back at this current point in time. But I'm hopeful and I think that there's a possibility that we may have something there, but on the depth chart, he has to be #4 or #5 (maybe 5 or 6 depending on what you want to consider juice check). He's got an uphill battle.

That being said, i saw some cut ups in him in college, but thats about it. More or less I only knew who he was because of his stats and pro day numbers.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
the lone star

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: Matt Breida Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
the lone star wrote:

Pretty much in line with y2. I don't think that he's got a leg up on anyone at the running back at this current point in time. But I'm hopeful and I think that there's a possibility that we may have something there, but on the depth chart, he has to be #4 or #5 (maybe 5 or 6 depending on what you want to consider juice check). He's got an uphill battle.

That being said, i saw some cut ups in him in college, but thats about it. More or less I only knew who he was because of his stats and pro day numbers.

Yeah, his pro day numbers were crazy!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So rotoworld quoting Barrows and saying Breida is out playing Williams!!!!

Seriously though, Barrows mentioned Breida looks good as a pass catcher. We need that with Hyde/Williams being good runners, but not really strong in that area.

If Breida ends up being the real deal, do we still keep Hightower?

El ramster on the sig

Last edited by J-ALL-DAY on Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
So rotoworld quoting Barrows and saying Breida is out playing Williams!!!!
[img]
https://media.giphy.com/media/rl0FOxdz7CcxO/giphy.gif[/img]

Seriously though, Barrows mentioned Breida looks good as a pass catcher. We need that with Hyde/Williams being good runners, but not really strong in that area.

If Breida ends up being the real deal, do we still keep Hightower?

It depends. I don't think any of the running backs above him should feel safe if he's really performing that well. Hightower is the easiest to let go of in my opinion - older back, only on a 1 year deal with minimal guaranteed, and not as talented as Hyde. If Hyde can fetch something in trade, it would possibly make sense to trade him as he's in the last year of his deal and if he's not as impressive as the others, it's at least better to get something for him.

Williams should be safe, relatively speaking, but he's a 2 down back, so there are limitations there. Bibbs brings little versatility in that he can return, but I see no reason why Taylor or even Breida couldn't do that as well (Taylor, if he could hold up on punt returns, seems like he could potentially be devastating with all that shiftiness).

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Maiocco said Breida only had two carries from the practices the media got to see. Not that you could tell much from the non-padded practices in June, but maybe he will be used just as an pass catcher in year one if he makes the team?

El ramster on the sig
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
So Maiocco said Breida only had two carries from the practices the media got to see. Not that you could tell much from the non-padded practices in June, but maybe he will be used just as an pass catcher in year one if he makes the team?

Which would be funny, because he wasn't really a pass catcher in college

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: