You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Linder back to Guard?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tugboat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
Jags wrote:
What is the possibility of Robinson sitting out his first year in the league? As history has shown, Branden Albert does not finish all 16 games. He has played all 16 games once in his career, and that was 2011. Since 2011 he has missed 20 out of 80 regular season games (also was not a starter for 2 more). That means he misses about 25% of regular season games. History since 2011 tells us he'll play about 12 games this year. Now the future is just to be speculated, but maybe Robinson was just insurance/ future replacement for Albert, who is our current "fill in" at LT.

http://www.nfl.com/player/brandenalbert/660/profile

I wouldn't mind seeing Albert, Cann, Shatley, Linder, Parnell. I just hope whatever gets out there, performs well and protects the QB and opens holes in the running game consistently.

I seriously want the Jaguars to consider signing Cyrus Kouandjio. He still has potential and he is in the same mold as Robinson. Please Jaguars. Please.

Do you think Cann is actually going to be a better LG than Robinson at this point? I think i must be missing something when it comes to Cann tbh...i just don't get the obsession with him being in the starting lineup at all costs. He's a plenty serviceable guard, but he's shown to be more of a depth guy than a quality starter thus far. Is he going to take a huge step this year?

With Robinson, i just don't see how they can sit the guy for the year and only plug him in for injuries. You don't pick a guy like that as high as that, out of a program like that...if you plan to sit them for a year. Developmental picks are later round fare. QB being the only real exception.

Though when it comes to Robinson, to me...it makes more sense to just keep the guy on the Left, even if that means easing him in at LG. That makes way more sense to me than flipping him to RT if your eventual plan is for him to take over at LT.

Last year Cann had a rough go, so I don't think you can pencil him in without a doubt. But he has some of the highest upside imo after Robinson/Linder on the OL. If we're talking about having Cann at LG (where his natural position is unlike RG where he's been playing) or Parnell at RT (if we're talking about Cam not geting the LT gig and having to move him elsewhere) than I'd honestly rather replace Parnell. Parnell played very well from week 10 on last year, so I guess if he plays like that all year then fine, move Cann to a reserve role. If he has health issues/is looking old, than I'd much rather stick Robinson at RT. I get what you're saying about just keeping him on the left side, but it sounds to me like they're all about the best five OL on the field...not just where it fits best. Seems like with the Linder move they feel like LG is their weakest spot (if Linder is at C and Cann is at RG with Cam/Albert penciled in at ONLY LT right now with Onmameh/Shatley etc. penciled in at LG) on the line.

They really seem against the thought of Cam anywhere else besides LT right now.

I do get the idea of "upside" with Cann, and wanting to get him into the starting 5 because of that. But at some point, you have to start realizing some of that potential, or it's not really worth a hill of beans. He's not exactly fresh out of college anymore. He's got two full years under his belt in the NFL, and came out with a ton of college experience already as well. If he hasn't really clicked yet, it's probably fair to say he's extremely unlikely to reach that "upside" in the NFL at this point.

Have to start calling a spade a spade and looking at what the guy can actually do for you, instead of what they might be.

I mean, people have mostly given up on Fowler already, and he was a lot more "raw" and far less experienced coming out...and has effectively one less year of experience in the NFL as well. What gets Cann a special pass?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: