Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre Training Camp talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KennyBania wrote:
Does anyone else feel like Jeremy Hill is going to run his arse off this year, and dare I say, return to his rookie year? I predict this mostly because he's in his final yesr of his rookie deal and will be running for a payday. With Mixon in the fold, and Bernard signed, it will likely be elsewhere on the open market. Not to mention Mixon pushing him for snaps all year, he's going to have to really bring his 'A' game.

Hopefully we see him running harder than he has the last two seasons.

I thought that last year and was burned by it. I'm done believing in the guy. I'm ready for some Joe Mixon action. They can cut Hill for all i care.

~T.S. Eliot
KennyBania

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
KennyBania wrote:
Does anyone else feel like Jeremy Hill is going to run his arse off this year, and dare I say, return to his rookie year? I predict this mostly because he's in his final yesr of his rookie deal and will be running for a payday. With Mixon in the fold, and Bernard signed, it will likely be elsewhere on the open market. Not to mention Mixon pushing him for snaps all year, he's going to have to really bring his 'A' game.

I thought that last year and was burned by it. I'm done believing in the guy. I'm ready for some Joe Mixon action. They can cut Hill for all i care.

Last year wasn't a contract year though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KennyBania wrote:

I can see it. Hill didn't want to bruise and run through ppl as he should have last season. In a contract year he'll probably get back to going forward more instead of having happy feet...
KennyBania

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
KennyBania wrote:

I can see it. Hill didn't want to bruise and run through ppl as he should have last season. In a contract year he'll probably get back to going forward more instead of having happy feet...

If he is serious about his NFL career he really doesn't have a choice this season. There is so much stacked against him and all the dominos are falling perfectly into place for him to really put his best game on tape this season.

We see it every year with runningbacks on expiring contracts; especially highly touted/drafted runners. Doug Martin is the most recent example I can think of. Hopefully Lapham's cricitism parallels that of the coaching staff. He needs to start running like a guy his size and put his head down and embrace contact. The big play runs will come when the blocking is there, but those 3-5 yard runs instead of 1 yard/no gains are going to be critical for the offense. The easier the down and distance, and the shorter the drop back, the easier it becomes for an inexperienced offensive line to find success. This offense truly has the capacity to be a top 10 unit. And we all know how well the defense played after the first half of the season. I see no reason why we shouldn't be back in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KennyBania wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
KennyBania wrote:

If he is serious about his NFL career he really doesn't have a choice this season. There is so much stacked against him and all the dominos are falling perfectly into place for him to really put his best game on tape this season.

We see it every year with runningbacks on expiring contracts; especially highly touted/drafted runners. Doug Martin is the most recent example I can think of. Hopefully Lapham's cricitism parallels that of the coaching staff. He needs to start running like a guy his size and put his head down and embrace contact. The big play runs will come when the blocking is there, but those 3-5 yard runs instead of 1 yard/no gains are going to be critical for the offense. The easier the down and distance, and the shorter the drop back, the easier it becomes for an inexperienced offensive line to find success. This offense truly has the capacity to be a top 10 unit. And we all know how well the defense played after the first half of the season. I see no reason why we shouldn't be back in the playoffs.

I really doubt he's going to change a whole lot. The question will be, how long will it take the staff to realize the best options on the team are two backs not named Jeremy or Hill. Because they really can't afford to drop 3-4 games at the beginning of the season because Hill put up his typical 15 for 32 yards BS.

I still maintain that if Bernard is healthy rolling into camp, that he should be cut. There's no need to keep 3 RB's for a rotation, especially if one of them doesn't provide anything more than Benjarvus Green Ellis ever did. Oh, and he fumbles more than BJGE did.

They've already moved on from a number of their pet players in recent history. Time to do it with Hill too (as soon as Bernard is healthy, that is).

Of course, if Bernard isn't healthy, keep him, sure. But certainly don't use him much, and cut him loose when Bernard is healthy.

~T.S. Eliot
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 things I'm hyped about
- Lawson sounds like he could be the real deal so far.
- WR depth is gonna be crazy this year
- More speed is gonna be a game changer

3 things I'm worried about
- constant Ogbeuhi and Fisher hype articles. So annoying
- The team not playing Ross early and often.
- Bernard not starting the season healthy

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
3 things I'm hyped about

tbh, I'm actually not worried about our tackles. It's the interior of our line (Bodine and RG) that concerns me.

I do like the Mixon beasting articles that I'm reading...
theJ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dead

~T.S. Eliot
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bored now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need a drink.

Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
3 things I'm hyped about

You are worried about articles?

Very Happy
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
3 things I'm hyped about

Very Happy

He probably is. If Hobspin is writing about someone in June or early July, it's either team spin or the only chance left to write bout them. Last year we had the same articles about Ced. The year before it was Cobi Hamilton.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
3 things I'm hyped about

Very Happy

He probably is. If Hobspin is writing about someone in June or early July, it's either team spin or the only chance left to write bout them. Last year we had the same articles about Ced. The year before it was Cobi Hamilton.

It's just irritating. Everyone knows that Ced was pretty horrible last year and all we are getting is hype articles about how awesome he looks and making excuses for why he didn't play well (not natural position, injuries, blah blah)

Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
3 things I'm hyped about

Very Happy

It's just irritating. Everyone knows that Ced was pretty horrible last year and all we are getting is hype articles about how awesome he looks and making excuses for why he didn't play well (not natural position, injuries, blah blah)

What if it's not "hype"? Like they said repeatedly, it's hard to tell much about a lineman without pads, but with his athletic ability there's no reason to think he can't be a very good LT.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
3 things I'm hyped about

Very Happy

What if it's not "hype"? Like they said repeatedly, it's hard to tell much about a lineman without pads, but with his athletic ability there's no reason to think he can't be a very good LT.

I'd say the annoying thing is that it's fluff, since we can't really see anything now to indicate that he is going to be improved.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: