You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Yannick Ngakoue Expectations In 2017

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the lone star

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Yannick Ngakoue Expectations In 2017 Reply with quote

I REALLY liked what I saw from this kid last year. Statistically speaking, 8 sacks as a rookie is really nice and puts him in the same class as some special DEs.

What do you all expect from him this year? Will he start? What percentage of the snaps do you think he gets? How many total sacks will he have? Will he improve against the run and possibly be able to set the edge in that game?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is really good humble, down to earth dude who wants to put in the work and his work ethic is through the roof. This is one of the draft picks that could save Caldwell's rear he is a diamond in the rough. I think he can get 12 sacks as long as he stays healthy but i'm expecting more along the lines of 10-11.

Some where in that range hopefully he turns out to be this regime's Tony Brackens but I hope he can break that ceiling Brackens couldn't seem to get over 11, so I just hope he has one of those all pro years of like 15.5- 17 sacks down the road. I expect him to be the full time starter opposite of Campbell but his snap count is going to be in the air I really think the Jaguars are going to push for Dante to play huge amount because of his 3rd overall selection.
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - Leonard Fournette
the lone star

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Campbell play DT on some downs?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:

Yes sir. Without a doubt. Campbell will be used on obvious passing situations to generate pressure from the interior.

DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
Jags

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His mindset and what he is working towards.

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Ngakoue-Tells-you-how-it-is/fef62839-9908-4cf6-a246-0ca3d079eb07

DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
the lone star

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jags wrote:
the lone star wrote:

Yes sir. Without a doubt. Campbell will be used on obvious passing situations to generate pressure from the interior.

I love that line then. Ngakoue, Campbell, Malik Jackson, Fowler.

Oooof, that's got a lot of potential.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would rather see Smoot on the field than Fowler. But yeah.

Really the hope is that Campbell disrupts enough that not only does he get his 8-14 sacks, but he pressures QBs into getting sacked by Ngakouye and Malik as they're trying to evade him. If he can do that, I think Ngakouye can get 12 sacks. If not, I think he'll sit around 6.

Live like you're down 3-1
Tugboat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Would rather see Smoot on the field than Fowler. But yeah.

Really the hope is that Campbell disrupts enough that not only does he get his 8-14 sacks, but he pressures QBs into getting sacked by Ngakouye and Malik as they're trying to evade him. If he can do that, I think Ngakouye can get 12 sacks. If not, I think he'll sit around 6.

Yeah. With the way the line is built, i get the sense they're going to be looking more at sacks derived from "collective pressure" than from one spectacular individual effort and skill on a play off the edge, etc. Sort of..."pressure by committee". Which makes it hard to pin down sack numbers for any individual, as even if things go as well as possible...you're probably going to get a boatload of "cleanup sacks" registered in the books, which could go to anyone really.
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say that 40 sacks next year combined as the team, hold teams to 20 a game on avg. and only allow a point total of no more than 340 points we also have to create around 25 turnovers as well. We drastically have to improve turnover margin this year they have to cut theirs down and create more this up coming year.
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - Leonard Fournette
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, as Ipwn said, I wouldn't be shocked to see Smoot to begin taking reps from Fowler early on. I think he'll get some good work in. Campbell seems pretty impressed with the way Smoot is looking thus far. Said he has to translate that into pads, but if he does, Campbell thinks he's going to make an impact.

El Ramster on the sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: