You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

David Harris

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slappy Mc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: David Harris Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000813476/article/jets-release-veteran-linebacker-david-harris

Quote:
Harris has missed just one game in the last eight years.

This seems like another London Fletcher signing that would at the very least add significant depth to our ILB corps.

I think if the price is right we should sign him.

*edit* another good read
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-jets-release-long-term-lb-david-harris-after-10-seasons/
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, maybe. I would pull the trigger on him before Maclin. He would probably be an upgrade over Mason Foster, although he is in decline so it might be a relatively small upgrade. Only if the price is right would I sign him.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Hmmm, maybe. I would pull the trigger on him before Maclin. He would probably be an upgrade over Mason Foster, although he is in decline so it might be a relatively small upgrade. Only if the price is right would I sign him.
Totally agree. The cost would probably be the most important part of it. He can still play and would be an upgrade over Foster. He's been the qb of the Jets defense for a decade so in that way he would be similar to Fletcher.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

‪Report: Jets to trade or release Eric Decker. Jets are picking a weird time to clean house! Sucks for these players not to be released or traded in March. I'm sure they're doing it now for after June 1st cap savings but man it sucks for Harris and Decker.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/06/report-jets-to-trade-or-release-eric-decker/ via @ProFootballTalk‬

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
‪Report: Jets to trade or release Eric Decker. Jets are picking a weird time to clean house! Sucks for these players not to be released or traded in March. I'm sure they're doing it now for after June 1st cap savings but man it sucks for Harris and Decker.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/06/report-jets-to-trade-or-release-eric-decker/ via @ProFootballTalk‬

Tanking strategy. Reinforces if you don't have an above average QB you can't be anything more than a middle of the road team even with one of the best defenses. Peel off all the older guys, keep the younger, and tank to put yourself in a better position to get a QB. Sucks for Bowles
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Tanking strategy. Reinforces if you don't have an above average QB you can't be anything more than a middle of the road team even with one of the best defenses. Peel off all the older guys, keep the younger, and tank to put yourself in a better position to get a QB. Sucks for Bowles
Yeah, they'll be drafting Sam Darnold #1 next year. It does suck for Bowels, but it sucks even more for diehard jets fans like my buddy from WVU who lives in NJ and has seen the Jets dump about $70 million in salary this year. Sucks for the fans, but if they get Darnold, it will be worth it in the long term.

Dashing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris is on a decline .
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Harris is on a decline .
Yes, but it's the London Fletcher question? Is a declined Harris better than Foster and Compton? I'd have to believe he is so, if the $ is right we should sign him until we can draft a long term answer at ILB.

Dashing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Harris is on a decline .
Yes, but it's the London Fletcher question? Is a declined Harris better than Foster and Compton? I'd have to believe he is so, if the $ is right we should sign him until we can draft a long term answer at ILB.

I don't really want Harris . He is no where near London fletcher when he came or even at this point the pond of 2012 who wasn't that great but did get us 5 into .

I'll pass foster wasn't that bad andcompton was training hard I'll give them one more shot as long as zach brown starting.

Now if they struggle than ok get Harris .
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Harris is on a decline .

I don't really want Harris . He is no where near London fletcher when he came or even at this point the pond of 2012 who wasn't that great but did get us 5 into .

I'll pass foster wasn't that bad andcompton was training hard I'll give them one more shot as long as zach brown starting.

Now if they struggle than ok get Harris .
I didn't say he was as good as Fletcher. My point was is a declining David Harris better than Foster or Compton? Given how well Harris has been throughout of his career - even if he's lost a step - I have to believe he'd be better than them. I read that Todd Bowles was noticeably upset after Harris was cut, which tells you how much Bowles knows Harris means to his defense.

My point about Fletcher was saying something similar. The reason we kept Fletcher a few years too long wasn't because he was still playing like a pro bowler, it was because Fletcher - who had lost a step - was still better than anyone else we had on our roster or anyone we thought we could get at the time. The only clear upgrade we could have gotten in the draft those last few years that Fletcher was here was Luke Kuechley but in that draft we decided that we needed to draft a qb over staying put and taking an ILB.

mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any report of the Jets and a QB at this point are so full of garbage. They liked Hackenberg enough to take him in the 2nd round. Then they sign Josh McCown. Yet they said Hackenberg was making strides last season and could compete for the starting role.

Then it was Bryce Petty.

Then it was Geno Smith.

Then it was more Bryce Petty.

The Jets have no clue of what they are doing. They want to blow up the team and get younger, which I could agree with. They just got rid of Calvin Pryor, 2014 First round pick, for a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder at S position. They don't have an offensive line. No RB. Their starting WR is Quincy Enunwa and ArDarius Stewart, WR, Alabama, a rookie will probably be starting across from him.

Frankly, the offense looks like a pile of dung. The offensive line is literally allowing Josh McCown to get hurt.

Defense wins championships but offense wins games. That offense is unlikely to win a game this season.

The fact that they cut David Harris likely means nothing except that the Jets have no clue of what they are doing. Getting younger and cleaning up the roster is the logical choice here, but a lot of the moves are a head scratcher at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Any report of the Jets and a QB at this point are so full of garbage. They liked Hackenberg enough to take him in the 2nd round. Then they sign Josh McCown. Yet they said Hackenberg was making strides last season and could compete for the starting role.

Then it was Bryce Petty.

Then it was Geno Smith.

Then it was more Bryce Petty.

The Jets have no clue of what they are doing. They want to blow up the team and get younger, which I could agree with. They just got rid of Calvin Pryor, 2014 First round pick, for a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder at S position. They don't have an offensive line. No RB. Their starting WR is Quincy Enunwa and ArDarius Stewart, WR, Alabama, a rookie will probably be starting across from him.

Frankly, the offense looks like a pile of dung. The offensive line is literally allowing Josh McCown to get hurt.

Defense wins championships but offense wins games. That offense is unlikely to win a game this season.

The fact that they cut David Harris likely means nothing except that the Jets have no clue of what they are doing. Getting younger and cleaning up the roster is the logical choice here, but a lot of the moves are a head scratcher at this point.
So if they have the #1 pick next year because their offense is the worst in the NFL you don't think they'll take Darnold #1?

They're going to take the guy who can help them the most in next years draft and most likely that will be Darnold.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: